Holiday Inn Paris - Notre Dame
US$278
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Eiffel Seine(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$1,240
US$1,192
  • Pool
1,681 results
All reviewsrooftop barnotre damelatin quarterrue dantongreat locationexecutive roomst michel metroprivate balconywith eiffel tower viewrooms are smallrer bcdg airportbathroom doorrestaurants and shopsmodern hotelmetro stationmini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The hotels on the left bank (rive gauche) are not that pricey but can offer comfort and easy access to major Paris sights. This hotel is just a short walk from Notre Dame, Rivoli, Marais district. The standard rooms are really small but you can take upper floor spacious rooms with balconies with stunning views on Paris roofs and Eiffel tower. On the roof they have a lovely terrace with bar and restaurant. I should say that reception staff was very attentive and friendly. Highly recommended for a short quiet non-pricey stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Albert T
Reviewed 25 June 2014

weve just had a three night stay at this hotel fantastic location very convenient for both metro and rer stations orly airport in forty minutes hotel staff were very helpful we didn't use the restaurant as the weather was brilliant and we ventured out to the local cafes and numerous restaurants excellent choice for all tastes great views from the rooftop terrace but I did begrudge paying 20 euros for a small beer and a gin and tonic extortianate even by paris prices but hey I wont let that spoil an excellent weekend

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2014

For the lobby to the roof top gardens this hotel seeks to give you a view of Paris and a taste of the Latin quarter. The reception was excellent and quick to respond to our questions and needs. The garden area off the lobby provided an opportunity to remove yourself from the craziness that can confront you As a tourist. The roof top garden with its panoramic view of Paris was the icing on the cake. The room itself was comfortable and well acquainted. The bed, although soft for my tastes was comfortable. The window into the bathroom was surprising but the pull down shade provided the privacy necessary. Air conditioning worked well and internet was readily available.
Location, location, location. We were steps away from a metro station and hundreds of eateries from a variety of nationalities. Paris history reigned in the Latin quarter from revolution to the serenity of the Churches- Notre Dame and the literary haunts of Hemingway, Stein and Fitzgerald.
A great place to stay and visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away for the street as the garbage is collected daily around 6 and you hear every bit of traffic noise for your room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GloRamsey
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Another excellent stay, which included upgrade to Executive room with balcony facing the Eiffel Tower! I keep coming back to this hotel in the 5th for several reasons but it's not 1 single factor but rather the combined elements that make this one of my favorite Paris hotels: front desk staff are always friendly & helpful; great 5th district location, with main metro & RER stations; rooftop deck with one of the best views overlooking Paris; large, personal balconies on top floors; very comfortable beds & mostly good sized rooms & bathrooms. Normally, pink, red, black & purple would not be my #1 choice in hall & room colors but honestly, it works here. Overall it is more like a small boutique hotel than your traditional Holiday Inn that makes this a winner in my book. Plus, if you are member of IHG Priority Rewards you will be treated very well, WIFI is free & if staying on points, a very good choice.

Room Tip: 6th floor & up have balconies!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank travelsavant
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I will preface this by saying we stayed here a year ago and were very pleased so reserved for a second visit. The room, amenities and staff were great but that is where it ended. There is a charming lounge/bar area off the lobby and a nice patio area off the lounge. However, during our entire 2 day stay there was NEVER anyone staffing this area. You had to go to the front desk to ask for service and they in turn would page someone to come and assist you. . We returned from dinner the first night and requested service in the lounge. Ordered 2 glasses of white wine. The bartender put out 2 champagne flutes. We objected and he told us they were the only glasses he had. Finally gave us 2 red wine balloon glasses after our objections. I then went to the front desk to request some regular coffee granules for our room as we only had decaf. They only had decaf available but assured me they would request the maid to restock in the morning. The following morning I went down to the breakfast room and requested 2 coffees to take to my room only to be told they didn't do that and I would have to go go the lounge area which of course was not staffed. The following evening after a long day of touring I again requested service in the lounge ordering 2 white wines to take to our room. Same scenario - only champagne flutes available. I was directed to the rooftop bar where they could accommodate me. Ordered at the rooftop bar only to be met with the same situation. The bartender finally relented and served in glasses that were in fact white wine glasses but I was told he was keeping those to use for red wine! This is France for heaven's sake and you don't have proper wine glasses??? After returning from dinner that evening I again stopped at the desk to request regular coffee as it had not been delivered as promised only to be told there was no regular coffee in the entire hotel. Again, the hotel staff was very kind and as helpful as they were able to be but their hands were tied in most instances. I actually felt sorry for them having to deal with the excuses. Without question this is an attention to detail issue on the part of management. My family of 10 were here for 2 nights (5 rooms) and the hotel would have done quite well had service been provided and we had not had to head down the street to the local cafes/bristros for service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Paris - Notre Dame, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear GH705,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am happy to know that you liked our amenities and room accommodation. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel.

We regret the issues you encountered with our hotel staffs. As our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, we want you to know that the feedback we receive are taken seriously. We have taken note of your comments and have shared these with our management team to review the procedures we have in place and make necessary improvements to ensure guests do not experience the same scenario in the future.

While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Charisse V