“I left my heart in Paris”
other travellers have booked this property
The big living room
The big living room The big living room
Check Availability
The kitchen
Toilets
Building entrance hall
View from the balcony
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
baldor1
San Diego, California
“I left my heart in Paris”
Reviewed 25 March 2014 for a stay in August 2012
people found this review helpful

We had a wonderful time at Jean's rental. I was aware that it was a 5-story walk-up so I packed accordingly. We did not get to meet Jean but his assistant was equally helpful and surprised to see how little we'd packed. When I go again, I will pack even less because there is a combined washer/dryer in the kitchen. I was able to wash the day's outfits every evening and woke to pack freshly laundered clothes back in the suitcase by morning. The location cannot be beat. Walking distance to the metro, many excellent eateries, patisseries, delis, butcher, bakeries, farmer's market, you name it and you're a few steps away. It is also a short distance to the Louvre and contemporary museum. We spent the morning eating breakfast on the patio to car/people watch and early evening lounging in the living room watching Paris' evening lights turn on. The only suggestion I might have is to place a screen on the bedroom and bathroom windows as their were mosquitos buzzing in at night. It's not a deal breaker though. I'm sure a plug-in mosquito repellant would've been just as useful. We can't wait to come back. :)

Liked best: Location

HI
Reviewed 24 January 2013 for a stay in October 2012

Going_Pla...
Chicago, Illinois
“Warm and welcome stay--All around, great choice for the real Parisian experience!”
Reviewed 2 October 2012 for a stay in September 2012
person found this review helpful

The reviews truly live up to everything this apartment rental has to offer! I traveled to Paris for the first time early last month with my parents (who are in their early to mid-60s) and we were immediately impressed with the building and owner, Jean, who was both helpful and made us feel right at home. Typically, this apartment is perfect for two since it has only one bedroom. However, I stayed on the foldaway bed which was arranged in the living room and it was just fine. The living room and dining room space are really the heart of the apartment. The two fireplaces are a unique touch, and the clean and simple decor throughout really made the space feel open and inviting. The balcony was probably my favorite.., very traditional. I would definitely stay again as the location is also central to the metro and nearby shops and cafes. The only thing which was a bit of a struggle were the five flights of stairs but no different than other 19th century building. Overall, we were very impressed!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The owner was very helpful and warm!
Liked least: The 5 flights of stairs, shower head could be changed in bathroom
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 25-34
travelNYC...
Paris, France
“Excellent apartment for my sister and I”
Reviewed 14 June 2012 for a stay in May 2012
people found this review helpful

This apartment was my favorite one of my trip to Europe with my sister. The apartment was clean, trendy, modernly decorated and well stocked. The location was great - the street fair on Rue Montorgueil on Thursdays is not to be missed and there's lots of great shopping and restaurants nearby. We were just a short walk from the Louvre.

The apartment looks just as it does in the pictures. I spent many mornings on the balcony reading on my ipad or just soaking in the view. The apartment was quiet and Jean (the owner) stocked it with everything we could have needed. The washer/dryer was in good condition as were all the other appliances.

Jean met us on our first day and not only showed us around the apartment but gave us several maps and guidebooks and restaurant recommendations. He was very accommodating of our needs, as we needed to check out the night before we left due to an early flight.

There's only con per my sister - the mattress in the living room is not as comfortable as it could be. However, she had no problems sleeping. It's just a little firm.

Next time I go to Paris, I'd like to stay in this apartment again! Loved it.

Liked best: Location, decor
Liked least: 6 flights of stairs to walk up
Travelling group: Other
WA Australia
Reviewed 27 May 2012 for a stay in April 2012

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing