“Such a fun and educational experience!”

La Cuisine Paris - Cooking Classes
Ranked #1 of 170 Food & Drink in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: La Cuisine Paris is a cooking school in the centre of Paris offering hands-on cooking classes and food tours in English. Our school is located in the heart of Paris just minutes away from Notre Dame, the Marais, and the famous Hotel de Ville. Our classes are taught in a warm and friendly environment and are small and hands-on - we like everyone to get stuck in! Join us to learn to make beautiful macarons or buttery croissants, or to learn how to use seasonal products inspired by a French Market visit. Or spend time with us outside of the kitchen and indulge your taste buds on a food tour, from our fromage and wine workshop, to our sweet Pastry and Chocolate tour, to our historical tour of the Kings kitchen garden in Versailles, there is something for everyone. Come and join us to learn some tips and secrets so that you can recreate French cuisine in your home kitchen!
Beaverton, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Such a fun and educational experience!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I recently spent three wonderful weeks in Paris and my four classes at La Cuisine Paris were an absolute highlight of my visit. Not only did I have a great time in the classes, but they were so well taught, with our involvement in every step, and with thorough recipes to take home, that I'm confident I'll be able to make everything now that I'm home.

I started with the Bellies on Foot market class. Although I was discouraged because it had been raining all day long (and continued throughout the class), we still had a wonderful time and I learned a lot about what I should look for in Paris. After our market walk, we returned to the school with samples from many of the shops we visits and we proceeded to have a delicious afternoon meal. Our guide was excellent and the afternoon couldn't have been tastier!

The first cooking class I took was Traditional French Brioche, where Chef G guided us through the making of Brioche, Praline Roses and Baba au Rhum. It was so well taught and our results were quite delicious.

The second class was French Baguettes and Boulangerie, where Chef Eric taught us how to make baguettes and fougasse. I'm delighted to know how to make both and I've already successfully made fougasse here at home. It was absolutely delicious (and quite easy) and it's sure to become a regular item at our dinner table.

The third cooking class was Macaron Intensive Technical with Chef Frances and it was another excellent class. Macarons are a fussy cookie, but we had clear instructions for making them and we each went home with a box of yummy macarons.

Our class sizes were small and every minute was taken advantage of, so I felt I went home with a good grasp of each subject. We had a variety of ages and cooking abilities in each class and I thought the instruction worked well for each of us. I'd recommend these four classes wholeheartedly no matter what your level of cooking experience is. My one regret is that their quiche class wasn't offered while I was in Paris as it looked wonderful, too.

Not only was the entire staff welcoming and fun to work with, but they've been most responsive to my emails with questions about little things I couldn't remember. I've been so impressed with their follow-through. My memories from these classes, plus the recipes and my class notes, are the best souvenirs I could have brought home!

2 Thank nancyw97008
LaCuisineParis, Manager at La Cuisine Paris - Cooking Classes, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Bonjour nancyw97008,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a lovely note. We were all thrilled to have you here for four classes! Hopefully, you have tested your culinary knowledge back home and have had equally delicious results. You must visit us again soon so that you can try out our quiche class!

À bientôt!

• Hebrew first
Los Angeles, CA
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“My daughter and I loved it!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My daughter (age 11) and I did the "petite chef" cooking class. It was so much fun. We made chocolate truffles, Eiffel Tower shaped cookies, hot chocolate and Madeleines. It's a very small group, and the kids do everything. And, the treats taste delicious! It's a wonderful way to spend 2 hours in Paris. For this class, you head downstairs into a basement type area that is really intimate and lovely. The instructor (Frances) was wonderful with the kids, clearly enjoys what she does and made the experience wonderful. It's a great way to slow down your day a bit from all the walking and sight seeing that you're doing. And, you have almost 3 dozen treats to take back to family. This was a great experience for us, I definitely recommend it!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank rkcue
LaCuisineParis, Manager at La Cuisine Paris - Cooking Classes, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Bonjour rkcue!
It was a pleasure to have you and your ‘petite chef’ with us for our children’s cooking class! We hope that it has inspired you both to do lots of baking at home. Don’t forget to send us some photos of all your creations when you make them. À bientôt!
La Crosse, Wisconsin
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Experience the essence of French cooking”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My son and I recently took a cooking class with La Cuisine Paris, while visiting. Our class involved shopping for our ingredients at the local market, bakery, fishmonger and fromagerie then taking our goodies back to class and whipping up an exquisite meal! It was exciting to wander through the market and see all the fresh foods and choices and learn from our guide and chef what to look for and how to choose your ingredients. Emily (not sure of her spelling) was a delight as our guide through the markets and chef. She exuded a passion for her culture, food and sharing it with all of us. I only wish we had more time to indulge in more classes!

1 Thank LaCrosseFoodie
Bonjour LaCrosseFoodie!
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with fellow travelers! Emilie will be thrilled to know that you enjoyed your time with her – her enthusiasm has obviously rubbed off on you, so we hope you’ll be able to have a go at recreating your dishes at home and do let us know how you get on too. We’ll hope to welcome you and your son back for another class with us when you are next in Paris. A bientôt!
Oakville, Canada
“Do not miss this! Bellies on Foot tour”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My sister and I met up in Paris from differnt parts of the world for a short trip to France and Holland and this was absolutely the highlight of our short stay. . An amazing insight into the old food market area and the history of this district.The food was amazing and Karen you did a wonderful job as our tour guide. So glad we chose this rather than the regular tourist atrractions(which had seen on a previous trip)
We cannot say enough good things about La Cuisine Paris. If you only have a few spare hours after seeing the other attractions, take the time to enjoy one of the classes at La Cuisine.
Only sorry we could not get to make our croisssants.(class fully booked) Perhaps next time.
Thank you again for a wonderful afternoon.

Salut Rose v!
It was lovely to have you and your sister with us for our Bellies on Foot tour. That’s great that you enjoyed all the delicacies that we discovered on the tour – I hope you managed to purchase a few treats to take home with you too! I’m just sorry that we couldn’t get you into a croissant class this time around. But I suppose it’s a great excuse to come back to Paris and see us again soon ;). A bientôt!
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Baguette Baking”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My daughter had already done a couple of classes here and enjoyed them so much that I booked us on the Baguette course.
It's not a cheap activity but it is well worth the cost. The class was well organised, entertaining and set at a level so everyone could take part.
I'm an experienced bread maker but have never managed to produce great baguettes before, but this course has changed that. Eric took the class with flare and style, he made jokes and kept it light hearted but was very serious when it came to instructions. The class is in English and part of the enjoyment was meeting travellers from all over the world.
The course took up a morning and at the end we had fresh bread and vegetable bread that we enjoyed for lunch.
There were lots of tips, techniques and information to learn.

Bonjour maggie-ts
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your baguette class with us and are very pleased to hear that even as an experienced bread maker, you still learnt a few new tips an techniques to help you perfect the art of baguette making. We know that you have already had a go at making your baguettes at home, so keep up the good work! I hope your daughter will have a chance to practice her new found skills from her classes too and we’ll hope to see you both back with us on your next visit to Paris!