“Quirky and fun”

Hotel Joyce - Astotel
Ranked #63 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 5 August 2011

A boutique hotel with a sense of design humour about it from the bank of leather car seats (complete with seat belts) down one side of the breakfast/bar area, to the strange mirrors, and the wall decorations in the small but perfectly adequate bedrooms. The hotel is on a quiet side street, a very short walk from the metro. Staff are friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. The breakfasts are OK and there are complementary soft drinks and snacks available from the bar - so would be good if travelling with family too.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 August 2011

My wife and I stayed four nights staying at the Joyce Hotel.
All I can say is that we worship the Lacal.
The room is not big but has plenty of space and super comfortable.
Is very well located, staff is five star, always willing to help and advise in addition to always have a smile;)
Breakfast is very good and in addition has open bar 24 hours a day.

A hotel that we recommend and we hope to be housed in a forthcoming visit to Paris.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RuiQueiros
Reviewed 1 August 2011

My daughters (19 and 15), my mother and I stayed at the Joyce Hotel in early July. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The hotel is located on a quiet street but it is a short walk to a busy shopping district and The St. Lazare train station. The complimentary breakfast, snack/beverage bar and solarium eating area were great! The staff will open bottles of wine that you have purchased to drink in the comfort of this eating area. I cannot give enough praise to the front desk staff. They helped us find our way around Paris and beyond and gave us many helpful hints. The upper floors are reached by a tricky spiral staircase but an elevator is available. Coline was wonderful! I'd recommend this hotel and I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: If you have a preference, some rooms face a quiet courtyard that overlooks the solarium and some roo...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2011

My sister and I have embarked on a Euro2011 trip and decided to stay at Joyce hotel for our Paris stay. Neither of us where familiar with the country so it was such a delight to have been given some wonderful suggestions from Samuel, the night time Joyce concierge. He was a fantastic help and provided us with exceptional service! Def. one of the reasons why I would come back to this hotel if I am ever in Paris again. Aside from the wonderful staff (as they where all very friendly and helpful), the hotel itself was beautiful, chic and spacious. I work in the fashion industry and was blown away with how trendy and modern this hotel is. One of the best hotels I have seen in terms of decor and layout. The neighbourhood is quite and safe, but close enough to some dance bars for my sister and I to have some fun! The metro was also very close and easy to navigate amoung all the subways lines. We had no trouble getting anywhere in the city. As a frequent traveller, I was very happy with the hotel and would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for more of a modern, trendy place to stay. There is an open bar with pop, food and coffee around the clock and free of charge.. one way to save a few euros! The bathrooms where also very big and the water pressure and blow dryer was perfect. Stay here.. you will not regret your choice.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I am in the middle of a Euro trip with my sister and chose to stay at the Joyce Hotel while we were visiting Paris. We stayed in Paris for 4 nights and absolutely enjoyed everything in the hotel.
The service by the staff was EXCELLENT.
We were well attended to by the staff especially the night staff Samuel who went WAY over and above his job to ensure that our stay surpassed our expectations. He helped enjoy Paris as both a tourist and as a local and helped us get around the city via metro.
We also had assistance from Khalid who was great to suggest many trendy and local restaurants, clubs and bars.

We stayed in room 302 and had two twin beds, a good size very clean wonderful bathroom, AC, TV, and a window that opens up. The beds were comfortable and the blankets were warm. Our room was very modern and cosy yet there is not much of a view as our room faces a brick wall yet they have decorated the wall so it is not an eye sore and you can look straight down into the dining area lounge on the main floor which was cool because we could see what was being served for breakfast and decide if we wanted to eat or not.
The hotel offered free WiFi throughout the hotel including in our room, many channels on the TV, an alarm clock with an iPod dock, reading lamps, hangers in the closet, hooks for out jackets behind the doors, clean towels, shampoo, conditioner, soap and a shower cap.

The location of the hotel was perfect for us. It is on a very quiet street yet around the corner was the hustle and bustle of the city.
We were in the Opera District and 5 minutes walking distance from Galleries Lafayette and many bars, clubs and restaurants. We were also walking distance from the Metro and was able to get to any tourist location such as the Eiffel Tower, La Louvre and Chateau De Versailles in no time.

The best thing about the hotel was the fact that there was free WiFi which was EXTREMELY COVENIENT, the staff, the decor and the unlimited non-alcoholic drinks and breakfast in the morning.

If I have to choose something, the least thing liked about the hotel was the lack of an in room iron or mini fridge and the fact that I had to obtain a new password for the WiFi every day from the front desk. (It was for security purposes which is understandable.)

Overall my experience at the Joyce Hotel was amazing!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I stayed in this hotel for 7 nights in May '11. The decor was great and the place clean. However, I felt I was paying way too much at an average of 240 Euros a night. (There were promotional rates for some nights but apparently they couldn't be applied to 7 nights booked in a row!! )
Here's why it wasn't worth the price:
There aren't many facilities considering that it's a 2 star hotel. The rooms and lift were very small. My luggage barely fit into the noisy lift, which reminded me of a dumb-waiter. My "double" bed was actually smaller than a queen size because my husband and I could not even turn. It was supposed to be a "superior" room, although I'm not sure if we were actually given one. No kettle in the room but there was an Ipod dock and free wifi which we had to get the password every day.
There was NOTHING in the neighborhood and the nearest convenient store was in Pigalle, 10 mins walk away and a red light district. No other shops around.. Streets there were FILTHY and we constantly had to look out for dog poop. Not very pleasant for a holiday.
I regret spending almost 2K Euros on this lousy stay and I wish I had gone elsewhere. Will not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank joasiss
Reviewed 27 July 2011

The Joyce Hotel in Paris is a small, very modern hotel. The rooms are small (as mostly in Paris), but very nicely decorated: with designer lamps, comfortable bed, surprisingly nice wall decoration and a nice bathroom. Also the rooms are very clean.
Just behind the small lobby is the breakfast and lounge room. The breakfast was simple, but of high quality. The bread was fresh and good and one could chose from e.g. a variety of marmalade, cheese and hot drinks. During day time a complimentary bar with some sweet and salted snacks as well as soft drinks was on offer in this lounge area.
We were lucky to book for a very good price (special offer for opening?). In the meantime the room prices have increased.
Acces to metro and bike stations just around the corner. 10 minutes walk from Galleries Lafayette.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends