“We will recommend to everyone we know who is going to Paris”

Hotel Design Secret de Paris
Ranked #28 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 June 2011

We had the privilege of staying at Secret de Paris Design Hotel in June. The staff greeted us and was so helpful and friendly. They all spoke great English and were able to give us some ideas of how to get to many attractions. They greeted us by name every night and morning. The rooms were so cute and made the trip so much fun to sleep under the Eiffel Tower. The idea to this hotel is to find the key to your dreams and we truly did. The breakfast is additional but so worth the money and a great way to start your day off. They make eggs any way you want and mine was served using the eggs for eyes, the ham for a nose and the toast for the mouth. The staff is so much fun to be around. They serve cocktails in the evening and it was a great way to end our day. They gave us a map and told us about the double Decker tour bus that we took to see ALL of Paris and it was a great and fun way to see the city. They have computers that they will let you use to check and send emails in the lobby. The rooms have CD and DVD players in case you want to watch a movie. The kindness of those entire staff was out of this world. Staying at this hotel was a hugh part of us having such a great memory of Paris. I highly recommend you staying here and enjoying a wonderful boutique hotel experience. It is a PERFECT place to stay. Look no further this is your hotel to stay at. (Keep in mind I travel a LOT for work and this is one of the BEST hotels I have stayed at ANYWHERE. Book this hotel and enjoy your stay!!)

4  Thank Colts102294
Write a ReviewReviews (1,673)

Reviewed 24 June 2011

My husband and I stayed at this little gem of a hotel for 9 nights in June.

I cannot rave enough about the quality of this hotel, from the charming rooms to the wonderful staff.

When we checked into the hotel we were shown around the hotel and our room personally by one of their lovely staff. When we got to our room we were also presented with a bottle of Moet and little snacks as a thank you for our "extended stay". If this lovely little gesture wasn't enough, when we checked out they also removed one of the breakfasts that we had at the hotel from our bill.

We stayed in the Musee d'Orsay themed room, but were also given the option of switching rooms if we liked throughout our stay. We were so comfortable and loved our room so much we ended up staying put.

The spa in the room and rain shower are perfect after a full day of sightseeing, and the different lighting concepts were a nice touch.

A lot of people complain about the size of the rooms... to this, all i have to say is that you have picked the wrong city. Considering how little time you spend in the room when holidaying in Paris, it is more than ample in size. The beds are comfortable

I think this hotel is perfect for couples but probably not as suitable for families.

Thank you so much to the team at Secret de Paris for making our stay in Paris so wonderful!

5  Thank Jacsicle_10
Reviewed 18 June 2011

I hesitated writing this review because I am afraid my fave hotel in Paris will not be available next time I want to book it!

I have been coming back to Paris every single 8 weeks for the past 12 years. I have tried numerous hotels: from chain hotels to palaces, bed and breakfast et al. This is the FIRST time ever I find a hotel with truly quiet rooms. Amazing!
The insomniac I am could finally sleep.

Amenities are neat: in-room Jacuzzi with chromotherapy, zen lighting, etc....
Champagne bottle when you check in.

Staff is simply amazing: smiling (not-so-easy to find in Paris believe me) and very helpful.

I had several radio/TV interviews and I could be refreshed thanks to the staff amazing work and the hotel great construction.

I will definitely go back there though I just discovered that my secret is too well known, it is fully booked for next week :(

ps: I wanted soy milk for breakfast, they offered to go and buy some for me which they could keep in their fridge for my upcoming breakfasts....

Room Tip: The Eiffel room is amazing!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank vorsoni
Reviewed 15 June 2011

It was a really nice hotel.

it was an surprice for my girlfriend and when she saw the rooms i saw it in her eyes that she loved it. The rooms where big enough and had all the comfort we needed, even some extra.

Especially the service was verry nice. If you wanted advise, they were always ready to take time for you. Viorica and Giulia helped us with everything, from what to see to what to do and what to eat, the advise was excellent. Thanks to them my weekend was a succes Their english was verry good so i didn't had to try speaking French.

When i go back to Paris, i'm not going to search for a hotel. I know for sure, im going back to secret de Paris.

Thank you, Secret de paris, Viorica & Giulia for the nice weekend.

Reviewed 8 June 2011

stayed one night at the hotel in the Museé D´Orsay room. The room was very small. The bathroom was nice with the jacuzzi. The bed was comfortable and the complimentary juices and watrs were nice touch. I felt the service in the hotel was a bit over whelming and overly trying. But they all spoke good english and were very helpfull, the breakfast was great, I highly recommend it. The Moulin rouge is only a five minutes walk from the hotel and two metro stations are within walking distance too, so it is quite conveniently located.

Reviewed 4 June 2011

We stayed at the Secret de Paris for four nights for our Honeymoon, and we had an amazing time. When we arrived at the hotel we were given complimentary cocktails, then given a quick tour of the hotel and shown to our room - the Musee D'Orsay room. The room was gorgeous with mood lighting, jacuzzi bath and a rain shower, and there were bathrobes and slippers to use, and complimentary water and orange juice. It was quite hot in Paris when we there and it was great to come back to the cool air conditioned room and chill out.
We had breakfast every morning which, again, was just lovely - fresh croissants and pastries, cold meats and cheese, cereal and eggs - perfect!
The hotel is in a good location with plenty of cafes and restaurants nearby and two metro stations within 5 minutes walk.
Finally I just want to stay how friendly and helpful the staff were while we there, thank you and hopefully we'll be back!

1  Thank louisem123456
Reviewed 3 June 2011

Not too far from the city centre & close to the Moulin Rouge, Near to the Metro so an ideal base for exploring Paris. The hotel is small & because of that all the staff know you & treat you very well. Nothing is too much trouble & always smiling. I would stay there again without hesitation. No proble with communications as thier perfect English made up for my poor grasp of the French language. The rooms are small but well designed , it's the forst time I've stayed in a boutique hotel & really loved it.