“A memorable stay- the hotel made me smile”

Hotel Design Secret de Paris
Ranked #22 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“A memorable stay- the hotel made me smile”
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Secret de Paris prides itself on being different and quirky- or quaint as my wife described it. It will not be for everyone- it takes pride in its theming of the rooms, and it's mod-cons, which are everywhere in the bedroom. I imagine if you are quite tired, it could be a little disquieting trying to get ones head round the shower, air conditionng and lighting controls, but I actually found myself with a smile on my face in the process, and no small sense of achievement when I saw the TV rise up electronically from what appeared to be a simple piece of furniture. The staff on arrival and during the day have been very friendly and helpful, all speaking excellent English. Breakfast was good, and though the Hotel does not have a restaurant, it is provided by a local cafe- bistro, which allows the Hotel to offer room service. The room- we were in the Musee d'Orsay- was small but comfortable, and value for money probably comparable with other Hotels. Location is good, not too far from Gare du Nord, and at the foot of the climb to Montmatre. A young couple in the Moulin Rouge room opposite us really loved their stay, and I think younger generations will love the modern quirkiness, but I still am glad I have experienced Secret of Paris. It's a long way from the post War Parisian Hotel I used to stay in as a school- boy.

Room Tip: Our room - 41- was opposite a wall of another building ; may be worth checking which side of the Hot...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 28 August 2012

My partner and I Stayed in the Moulin Rouge room.
Room was nicely decorated in the Moulin Rouge style and got us in the mood for the show later on in the evening.
Staff were very friendly only downside was the Car Park which was a bit of a walk away.

Room Tip: Check your bags in first as the car park is a bit of a walk away.
1 Thank 0_Paddy_0
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Fantastic Hotel and pleasantly surprised.

We stayed for only 1x night as it was a special trip just to visit the Moulin Rouge. For starters, the location was brilliant for that and also very close to some great cafés and bars. The Hotel was very modern and tastefully themed. We stayed in the Opera Garnier room which was very light and beautifully decorated. The bathroom was certainly my favourite part as I was impressed with the Jacuzzi bath, mood lighting and rainfall shower. The staff were extremely helpful and polite. I would highly recommend this for couples and people looking for a modern boutique hotel with a fun twist and of course I will be back to hopefully stay for longer next time.

The hotel even provided us with a discount on our parking for 24 hours in the underground car park. I guess the only downside was the walk from the car park but to be honest, who needs a car in such a great city!

You will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: I would recommend the Opera Garnier but i think they all look great!
Reviewed 28 August 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here last week in a Musee D'Orsey room and we really enjoyed our stay. The rooms are small but very nicely furnished with excellent lighting options. We had no view unfortunately but we were offered the option of rotating different rooms to experience the different themes (declined due to not wanting to pack up each day).

The staff are fantastic here and the women on the front desk helped me with a number of restaurant and entertainment bookings. Nothing was too much to ask!

They also have good facilities if you have checked out but want to freshen up before travelling home.

Great hotel in a great location (5 mins on Metro to Champs Elysees).

Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We stayed for two nights and three days at this hotel for the end of July 2012. The hotel staff are very friendly, courteous and knowledgeable. English was not a problem, as was the case throughout Paris in general. The hotel has lovely but small rooms, our first night was in a room that wasn't big enough to open our suitcases in. That was the Trocadero room with a tub. It really is very small. The second night we stayed in the Moulin Rouge room which was much better and perfectly adequate in space. If you have travelled to other old cities and New York, you'll know what to expect. There were no ironing boards in the rooms and when we requested one the only one they had was in someone else's room. There is a small gym and steam room as well as a bar and full kitchen. The rooms have very high tech gadgets and lighting which we really appreciated having.

I would recommend a stay here especially if you get a deal, it's very Parisian and again, the staff are excellent.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the Tocadero room forget the tub go for a larger room with shower. This is a couple p...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We stayed here for two nights. We booked the Moulin Rouge room, apparently there are 6 types of room, each which corresponds to a famous place in Paris "which is the closest you can get to staying in it". A nice concept, and certainly the jazziest room I have stayed in.

Looking back I wish I had actually viewed the rooms on the website prior to staying in it - I have to say the Moulin Rouge was certainly unique but it also gave me a headache. I'm still not sure if it was too over the top, or very cool. The same goes for the lift.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, and provided us with some room service despite there being an accident in the kitchen and the chef being off as a result.

As our first stay in Paris it was difficult to comment on the value of the place. Most things were certainly expensive, but compared to most places we got drinks etc, it seemed to be the going rate. The bed was very comfortable, and we both slept well.

The location was pretty good, about 5 minute walk from the Moulin Rouge on the edge on Montmatre and it took about 20 min walk to get to the Louvre, but the Place de Clichy Metro Station was a 2 min walk. Most of the bars and restaurants seem to be a bit off the tourist trail which was a bonus. Oh, and there is a great bakery a minute down Rue de Clichy.

If you are looking for somewhere a bit offbeat and modern, this is the place for you

Reviewed 26 August 2012

This was out second honeymoon stop and it has not been anything short of fabulous!
The hotel staff were very friendly and very helpful. As ,y wife and I spoke no French and had never been to Paris before, they were very patient with our never ending questions.

We stayed in the Eiffel Tour room. I've not seen many hotels making such good use of space. The decoration was fantastic and the lighting in both the bathroom and the room was great. You could set it to anything from candle-like setting to full brightness.

The location is good as well. We walked to the Opera, Gallery Lafayette and the Louve. Eiffel Tour, the Champs-elysees are a short metro ride away. We even checked out Notre Dam Cathedral, all in 3 nights stay.

I was given the wrong impression about Parisian s not being very friendly with those who don't speak French. To be honest, this could not have been further than the truth. Im planing a short get away with my wife, if we end up going to Paris we are not staying anywhere else! I would definitely recommend staying at Secret de Paris.

The only downside was that the room was not as spacious as other rooms we stayed in during our trip, but this was more than compensated for by the room's elegant design

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple