“Fantastic Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
SW London
“Fantastic Hotel”
Reviewed 30 December 2012 via mobile

We had one of the Eiffel Tower rooms on the 1st floor for one night. It was so peaceful and comfortable that we slept in the next morning and missed the very civilised late breakfast! It's served until 11am at weekends. We were expecting a small room but it was bigger than expected and really well equipped. We loved the lighting, the shower, the bed, water and juice on arrival etc. People have commented that the bathroom is not that private, but it didn't bother us - the top half of the glass partition is clear. We used the sauna and steam room and probably spent more time in the room than we would have done normally because it was so pleasant. The bar is cosy and they make a lot of effort with scented candles but maybe some classy contemporary music might add to the atmosphere? There was hardly anyone using it - too busy enjoying their rooms! The staff were extremely helpful and welcoming. Altogether a very nice place to stay when visiting Paris and we'd definitely go back.

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank TheRelaxationClinic
26609991, Responsable réception at Hotel Design Secret de Paris, responded to this review, 14 January 2013
Dear Guest,

We are very grateful for this message.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our Tour Eiffel room and that you noticed all the details that contribute to its unique atmosphere!

I would like to highlight that on Sunday, our breakfast is served until noon in order for you to enjoy our comfortable bed a little longer.

We are also glad that you enjoyed the romantic and relaxing settings of our lounge in the evening. We mostly play French music in our bar in order to match with the Parisian surroundings but we would love to hear your suggestions by email at: hotel@hotelsecretdeparis.com

I have passed your kind words to all team members and they certainly look forward welcoming you within the monuments of Paris during your next visit.

Mail: hotel@hotelsecretdeparis.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Dover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Stayed for a long weekend which was long enough. The style here with its themed rooms is good fun, our room was on the small side. Fun bathroom with modern fittings and lights but the best shower in a long time. Firm bed, we slept very well and felt no funny aches that can ruin a break away. Friendly staff for Paris as they can sometimes be frosty. Ok location bus, taxi and metro all within walking distance. Why can't anyone in the UK manage to make a coffee the way they do over here ? Amazing. Would come for another break and try a different room.

4 Thank Dan H
Dear Mr Dan,

Greetings from Secret de Paris****-Design Hotel’s Team!

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor.

I am very happy to learn that you appreciated the atmosphere of our rooms, felt comfortable and that you enjoyed our multi-jet shower.

Be assured that it will be a great pleasure welcoming you next time in Paris and serve you many cups of our coffee that you enjoyed so much!

Sincerely Yours,

New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 26 December 2012

We had a blast here! Our first stay in Paris at the Secret De Paris made our 10 year anniversary so special. From the first time we arrived there was 5 star treatment. We really thank the staff for good memories. Being that I am a coffee lover we where treated to a great cup of coffee while our room was getting ready upon arrival. All the staff here made us feel so great! The rooms were spotless due to a great maid service . we enjoyed 3 different room types.I really loved the Moulin Rouge it was supper romantic. They recommended great restaurants and did not make us feel bad because our French was not up to par! I really want to thank them for all their hard work. Breakfast was great! and my eggs were made fresh daily. Love the contemporary feeling and the candles at night really sets the mood right for any couple. If you are looking for the old Paris feel this is not you place but if you looking for something updated with all the love of Paris in it then this is your place. Enjoy everything the hotel has to offer. They really want you too!!

Room Tip: If available ask the hotel staff to change to different room consepts. Enjoy every room and its amme...
5 Thank Marquand P P
26609991, Responsable réception at Hotel Design Secret de Paris, responded to this review, 16 January 2013
Bonjour Madame et Monsieur Marquand,

We are delighted that we had the chance to welcome you in our hotel for this extremely romantic moment.

You narrated so well the experience we strive to provide to all our guests that I cannot add anything more, except gratefulness.

See you next year on your 11th anniversary for more adventures and joyful instants!

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 22 December 2012

The staff were fantastic nothing was too much trouble. Extra mile service! Rooms fantastic, me and my partner stayed 3 nights and tried three different rooms from the waterfall shower to finish on a double jacuzzi bath. Would definatly return if back in Paris! Also great location to jump on the metro or catch a bus to take in the views. The staff recommend restaurants and popular places to grab a bite to eat as it was our first time to france. 5 star. Thanks again!

• Stayed December 2012
5 Thank Benlocke
Dear Ben,

What a great pleasure reading you!

I would like to thank you for such positive feedback. I am happy that we made your first visit to Paris a memorable experience and that you enjoyed the different rooms, with their unique design.

Please be assured your kind words are the best gift for our team.

See you next time for more Secrets!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2012

My husband booked this hotel as a birthday surprise and we were not disappointed! We had to wait a while for our room to be ready and ended up having to go out for some food. We came back to our Moulin Rouge themed room and were amazed. A really thought through design, brilliant bathroom and painted walls. We were able to enjoy a rainfall shower on our first night. As we were only staying for two nights we were given the opportunity to change rooms and move into the Eiffel Tower themed room. Again we were not disappointed - this room was slightly bigger with a full Jacuzzi bath, again the themed painted walls were really special. We didn't eat here so cant comment on the food and also as we changed rooms each night cant comment on the cleaning.

Room Tip: Always ask if you are able to change rooms to experience to boutique hotel to a full.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mrs_J_2012
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 December 2012

When I booked the hotel in November, the ranking was "7th best hotel" in Paris. Now I see is ranked 13th... I would rank the bed and cleanliness as superb. I could sleep for 12 hrs on this bed and have no back pain. But that is most of the good part that is expected for a '4-star' hotel.

The hotel is a boutique hotel with themes for each room. I stayed at the "Eiffel tower" room and there are "Moulan Rouge" and "Museum of O'rsay" etc. But I am not into these cute things. The room is very small. It was smaller than the Hotel Relais Bosquet Paris I stayed prior to this hotel.
The bathroom does not have a tub.... The shower/bathroom is covered upto 5 feet, but above that is a see-thru glass, so you can see the room while you shower and the other person in the room can see you taking a shower, at least your head portion, and if you are a tall person, more parts of your body. For guys, this might be a turn on, but it turns out some women are not a fan of such configuration. If you are in your 20s, this might be an interesting hotel, but my wife and I were not impressed.
The shower lighting is a blue fluorescent glitzy light.

The location is kind of middle of no where. The subway is nearby and all that, but I didn't find many nice cafes nearby. The lobby is very small. Only the rooms give a feel of a 4-star hotel, but the lobby does not. The hotel seems mislocated. It does not blend well with the surrounding. You have to be there to see what I am talking about...

The hotel has Sauna, which I didn't go, but it is there. There is a minifridge with complementary free juice and bottled water. The temperature control was nice. The staff was nice and friendly. The room was clean and bed was superb compfy. But overall, I would not go there again, but will try a different 4-star hotel if I ever return to Paris... Sorry to say this, but I feel even the 13th rank is a bit overrated. More like "20th"...

Room Tip: "Eiffel Tower" is dull... Try Museum O'rsay.
5 Thank Jay C
26609991, Directeur général at Hotel Design Secret de Paris, responded to this review, 29 January 2013
Dear Jay,

Your feedback is of the outmost importance to us and I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor.

Our ranking is solely based on our guests ‘reviews and I am very sad to read that we did not meet your expectations. Nevertheless, it is great to learn that you found are rooms to be very
comfortable and clean, I have passed on your nice comments to our housekeeping service.

We have a total of 29 rooms in our hotel, out of which 20 are equipped with bathtubs. Whenever a bathtub is requested, we try our best to allocate accordingly. I regret that we were not informed of your preference prior to your arrival.
The lighting scenario of the Eiffel Tower room was inspired by the flashing lights of the Tower that lights up every hour for 15 minutes from 9pm onwards. The glass between the room and the bathroom is a special “crash glass” that reminds the straight lines of the tower. Privacy is guaranteed up until a certain height in all our rooms. However, the level of transparency varies from one concept to another. Should you have informed us of your discomfort, I would have been delighted to take you through all our concepts personally so that you could pick your favourite one.

Finally, I am surprised that you found the 9th district of Paris to be unappealing. I would welcome more details about your experience in the area on my email hotel@hotelsecretdeparis.com
The 9th area is known for being a blend of culture and lively night life. Our hotel is surrounded by Theatres and walking distance from the famous department stores, the Opera as well as the typical Montmartre area.

Last but not least, I am delighted that you found our staff to be nice and friendly and be assured that our entire team would love to welcome you again and turn around your experience at Secret de Paris.

Kind regards,

Caroline Canny
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 12 December 2012

The experience at Secret of Paris is a true 5 star service and a very reasonable price. This hotel is in a good location with great transportation. The staff is very helpful and the provides graceful service.

The hotel features themed rooms. Each reflecting an aspect of Paris. I stayed in the a Moulin Rouge room. Cool red walls and lighting.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Barak B
26609991, Responsable réception at Hotel Design Secret de Paris, responded to this review, 29 January 2013
Dear Barak,

I can't thank you enough for sharing your enjoyable experience with us with the Tripadvisor community!

I am sincerely touched by your kind words about our team and service.

We will be delighted to welcome you another time in one of our 5 monument rooms left for you to discover.