“Excellent Paris Experience”

Hotel Design Secret de Paris
Ranked #22 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I would recommend this hotel without any hesitation and would absolutely choose this hotel for another trip. The staff is extremely helpful, friendly and approachable. I found the location fantastic - close walk to bars, pharmacy and food....and about a 10 minute walk to the Shopping mall. Breakfast each morning was delicious ..I chose the romance package and was not disappointed.

Please do not hesitate to pm with any questions/concerns you may have. Book! Enjoy!

1  Thank Tiffiemonkee
26609991, Directeur général at Hotel Design Secret de Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Dear Tiffiemonkee,

What a pleasure reading your comment! Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Secret de Paris with Tripadvisor readers. The Romance in Paris package with its rose petals and champagne is a great way to suprise your beloved one and I am so thrilled it worked for you!I am glad that you found our location convenient to explore Paris, a short 10min walk takes you to the heaven of shopping: Galeries Lafayette & Printemps.

I look forward seeing you again soon

Warm regards,

Reviewed 16 April 2013

secret de paris is the best hotel i have ever stayed in, and i have stayed in a lot. It is not the flashest, or the poshest, or the most expensive but the staff are simply perfect, i can only imagine they all have shares in the hotel. Not to mention the beautiful look and feel of the hotel, what made it so special was the staff. They were all simply outstanding and really could not do enough to make the stay special. ALL the rooms are masterpieces (yes they are small, but big is not always better). breakfast wonderful, rooms wonderful, gym wonderful. Staff - absolutely fantastic.

2  Thank Foodlover156
26609991, Directeur général at Hotel Design Secret de Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

Dear Foodlover156,

WOW!! I am having difficulties finding the appropriate words to express my gratitude after reading your comment. Your words about the team are beyond amazing and thank you for giving us even more motivation to do more for our guests! Please come again and see you soon :)

Reviewed 15 April 2013

Used trip advisor to find this hotel as I had never been to Paris before....reviews spot on! Great for access to the Metro, short distance from Gare due Nord railway station. Took my wife there as a birthday surprise present and she loved it...definite husband points earned!

Viorica on reception was fantastic, I had trouble booking the Moulin Rouge (5 minutes walk from the hotel) in the UK and she sorted it for me without any fuss at all, plus flowers, rose petals on the bed the works. Thank you Viorica x

Room Tip: The rooms are themed, we stayed in one of the Eiffel rooms, sound proofed so no street noise, great...
3  Thank Ian R
26609991, Directeur général at Hotel Design Secret de Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Dear Ian,

I am thrilled that we could contribute to making you earn some husband points :). I can't thank you enough for such a lovely review. I am glad that you appreciated the efficiency of our quadruple glazed window system in the Eiffel Tower room. Last but not least, Viorica was sincerely touched by your kind words and would love to welcome you again and so does the entire SDP team!

With kind regards,

Reviewed 15 April 2013

I went to this hotel 13th April as a suprise hen do, I've always wanted to go to the moulin rouge! We stayed in the moulin rouge room which made the experience even more fabulous! The staff were very helpful, they offered us umbrellas when it rained and had lots of useful advice. The restaurant they booked for us was very tasty and the cafe down the road was incredible! The location was lovely, 10 min walk to Montmartre and we walked to Le Louvre and Notre Damn, about an hour but a really nice walk! It was just out of the hustle and bustle, peaceful! The room was amazing! Although as the bathroom was see through, there's no room to be shy with anyone! It was a wonderful stay and I would definately re visit!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 15 April 2013

The hotel is beautiful, the rooms are amazing. i chose the musee d'orsay and loved it, spent all 3 nights in it, I would return again.
I didn't get the chance to eat in the hotel as i was trying to pack in as much tourist sight seeing over 4 days, so ate on the go.
The staff were extremely friendly and helpful giving directions.
Metros are so close and I would recommend them as they are much cheaper than taxi.
Be careful when going to Disney land that you need to buy a ticket for this zone and when using the ticket machines select English first, just don't try and wing it because you know a few French words. Instead of a day ticket to the Disney station I purchased a weekly or monthly which cost 30 euros each!
Try bistrotters, a unique little restaurant intimate and serves great food!!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We were traveling to Paris in November 2012 for 5 days with my husband, and he has booked this hotel considering the good reviews on Tripadvisor. All in all we were satisfied with the hotel with some reservations. Here comes our review:

Rooms: In Paris everything is "Petit", so are the rooms of Secret de Paris! We had the Opera room as far as I remember. Each and every room has a concept in Secret de Paris and rooms have everything you may need. A mini bar, good but small storage space for clothes and a really nice bathroom with Jacuzzi. In a metropol like Paris, suffering from lack of water, I find having jacuzzi in the room a great luxury! The complementaries provided in the bathroom where also in high quality.

Location: This is the reason why we would stay again in Secret de Paris! Close to Opera, Moulin Rouge,Galerie lafayette, and all shopping attractions, close to Montmartre and French local bistros! Great location for walking trips and also super easy access to public transportation! Superb location!

Restaurant and food: We did have neither breakfast nor dinner at hotel ,so no comment.

Service: Informative and helpful staff, only disappointment was the bad restaurant tipp from reception- L'arome:(

Leisure: Hotel provides small but nice sauna, steam room facilities and training area. We have used it, and it was clean and nice.

Price Performance: It is Paris, not everything is "that" expensive but the accomodation! As I have mentioned my husband has booked the room, if I was booking I would not have paid for a 16 sqm room even in Paris €280 per night! So price performance is not satisfactory.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
26609991, Directeur général at Hotel Design Secret de Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Dear Yaseminb,

Greetings from Secret de Paris! And thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Tripadvisor.I am very thankful for your kind words about our Hydromassage bathtub and I am delighted that you found our location so convenient to visit Paris.
I was suprised to read your disappointment regarding the restaurant L'arome, it is a one Michelin star restaurant with excellent reputation (on Tripadvisor as well) and we only recommended it because we have had great feedback from our guests. I am really sorry that your experience there wasn't satisfactory and we will certainly contact them and investigate further.
Kindly note that our prices always include 24hours access to our steam room and sauna and that they depend on your dates of stay. If you contact us prior to your next visit, we will be delighted to guide you towards a more attractive period.

We look forward seeing you soon!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 12 April 2013

We chose this hotel, as it was well rated; however, we were quite disappointed with our experience. The good news is that the staff is friendly and helpful. They try to point you in the right direction.

The rooms appear new, but there are several limitations. The room is quiet and dark, in part due to the window opens up to a wall that is about 6 feet away. The room has standard built in cabinets with small places to store your stuff. The tv is inserted in a cabinet at the base of the bed. You have to use a remote to bring it up from its cubby hole. The tv can only be viewed from the bed alone. The bathroom wall is made from glass, so one cannot be too shy when showering. Lighting in the bathroom was a bit odd. They use blue lights similar to those in nights clubs to illuminate the space. Perhaps the lighting is used to hide some of the hair that was left in the tub. The biggest complaint for us was the bed. The mattress must have been well used, as there is a depression in the middle. So when sleeping (if you are able to sleep), you will find yourself sinking to the middle bumping into your bed mate. The linen of the bed does not seem to fit the bed, so you will find the sheets also in the middle. They also only give you one pillow each. There were no other pillows in the room to use for sleeping or fill the depression in the middle. It certainly did not lead to a good sleep.

The hotel is described as 4 stars, as there are a number of amenities including a gym and sauna. I am not sure who would use the gym, as it must be 30 degrees in the basement - too hot for most. There is no real restaurant, just a bar/breakfast area. I think that the hotel is over-rated on Tripadvisor, I am not sure how this hotel received such good reviews.

5  Thank ZuZu P
26609991, Directeur général at Hotel Design Secret de Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

Dear Zuzu P,

Your feedback is very valuable and I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review as well as for your nice comment about our staff.

I really regret that you did not inform us about your discomfort when we inquired about your first night with us at breakfast time as we would have changed your room immediatly. I apologize if we did not make you feel comfortable enough to let us know that your Musée d'Orsay room was not what you expected.

Our gym has air conditionning which does not function permanently. However, the temperature is lowered in 5 minutes once we switch it on.

Your remark about the mattress is of a great concern to me and be assured that we will investigate and replace it if necessary.

Finally, we do not have a restaurant in our hotel but room service is at your disposal from 7.30pm until 11pm at night. Otherwise, there are plenty of lovely restaurants around our hotel which our reception team will be delighted to book for you.

I hope to have another opportunity to welcome you in the future.

With kind regards,