“Lovely hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sliema, Malta
“Lovely hotel”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Excellent rooms, location, this may be the best hotel I ever stayed in in Paris. I like the room themes, really a fantastic notion! Excellent room service, excellent room standard! I gladly recommend this hotel!

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Janice B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Arlon, Belgium
Reviewed 14 May 2013 via mobile

Secret de Paris is not only wonderful as concept design, but in any particular aspect of accommodating their guests, the staff is always ready to help you with everything. Every room has a theme, you could be sleeping at Moulin Rouge, Eiffel Tower, Opera Garnier etc. the rooms are soundproof, there is a wonderful sound system, free wifi, you have a jacuzzi or a rain shower in the bathroom, all Azzaro toiletries, you can reserve the spa for yourself anytime you wish and the list can go on, as there is a lot of care for all the details. The location of the hotel is central and convenient, walking distance from the opera and most of the theatres. And there is also the great staff, you feel really welcomed, they will speak your language and try to help in any way (for example I had to re-edit some documents and print them, I wasn't able to do that from my mobile device, the staff borrowed me a laptop and after editing I could wirelessly print my documents! Where else in a hotel you could do that?)
I believe that Secret de Paris deserves all the good reviews, this was the second time we've stayed there, it is our favourite hotel and we'll definitely come back.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CristinaH414
26609991, Directeur général at Hotel Design Secret de Paris, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
Your kind words, your appreciation, your satisfaction are by far the best gift to the team. Dear Cristina, I can't tell you how much we are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your time with us. Two words: THANK YOU!!!

I hope to see you again soon,

Kind regards

Reviewed 11 May 2013

Booked the hotel for a long weekend in Paris after reading several excellent reviews here on tripadvisor. Even with high expectations both me and my wife were pleasantly surprised.

The rooms are of very high standard and the hotel as a whole is gorgeous, setting a very romantic mood. Even more so, the staff was incredibly nice and just made the whole stay perfect.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tor H
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights and booked based on trip advisor reviews. Here is what I think was good and bad but overall would I go again, probably not.

GOOD:
It is a beautifully designed hotel and if themes are your thing you'll love it. Beyond the themes all the fixtures and fittings are very high quality and the bed is very comfortable, and king size not double as suggested. We stayed in an Eiffel Tower room with a rain shower which was lovely. We were given the option to swap room each day but to be honest I couldn't be bothered to pack each day so if you want a particular theme book it direct. The rooms were. mall as described but not so small it hindered our stay, the bathrooms are just glass boxes taking up one corner of tactuarial o if your shy do not book here as although frosted you can see and hear everything. The staff were very friendly and happy to speak English and seemed happy to sort all my queries; extra pillows, champagne glasses and a forgotten safe code. Location we found to be great, easy to reach from gare du nord on line 2 of the metro and a quick 2 minute walk. There are 2 metro stations within a few minutes on 2 lines so we found access to the rest of the city very easy and a nice stroll from either moulin rouge or the opera so close to many of the north western sights.

THE BAD
What let this down for me based on the cost were a few small details. No tea/coffee in the room, you could get this from room service but for 4€ each. After a long day walking I wanted a quick brew, also in the mornings knowing breakfast would be a while as I waited for my wife to get ready I normally stick the kettle on. Breakfast itself was ridiculously overpriced for a standard European buffet at 18€ each per day, we had this once and after felt let down and frankly robbed. This is an expensive hotel but I feel this should be included in the price. The room used for breakfast seems a waste space at the moment and we rarely saw any other guests using the space which doubles as a bar but no atmosphere and lack of an actual bar made it feel redundant, this is no major issue as there are many bars in the area and a great brasserie across the road. Finally you should be aware this is a very adult hotel, not seedy but romantic and although the windows are double, double glazed and there is no traffic noise the rooms are not fully soundproof from the activities of your fellow guests nocturnal activities and a good reason I wouldn't take children, luckily the couple next to us didn't have much stamina.

Overall a beautiful and romantic hotel but with thousands more available in the city I'm sure I can find one that ticks all my boxes next time.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Steven G
26609991, Directeur général at Hotel Design Secret de Paris, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
Dear Steven G,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us in Paris and I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.
I am very grateful for your kind words about our decor and our team members who are indeed very happy to speak English or any foreign language they know :).
Kindly note that we would have been delighted to place a kettle in your room, should you have requested it to one of our team member.
I am mostly concerned about your disappointment regarding our breakfast. I would really like to have more details and suggestions from you by email at hotel@hotelsecretdeparis.com.

I look forward hearing from you soon.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

I was taken to Paris on a 4 day trip, and didn't know where I would be staying. I am so glad it was hotel secret de Paris! The staff could not have been more helpful, and nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were gorgeous. We moved to a different theme each night, and when we went out each morning, our bags were moved to our next room by the time we returned. A beautiful hotel which I would recommend to anyone.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Buckinghamshire
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I was taken here for a surprise weekend in Paris, and the hotel was just perfect. The staff were helpful, friendly and provided fantastic service. Both evenings they booked us at local restaurants of their recommendation, and both evenings we enjoyed splendid food. The decor is unique, and maybe a little overdone in places, but the beds extremely comfortable and the bathrooms fantastic. Close enough to walk to most attractions.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
26609991, Directeur général at Hotel Design Secret de Paris, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
Dear Toby,

Thank you very much much for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor following your stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed the restaurants we recommended and I will certainly share with them your satisfaction. Your words about the team were amazing and are by far the best reward for each team member.

Kind regards,