“Very enjoyable stay”

Hotel Design Secret de Paris
Ranked #27 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We enjoyed at our stay at the hotel & the staff were very friendly & helpful. Our room was beautiful with adjustable lighting & a huge jacuzzi bath and also very clean. The hotel is in a good central place for travelling to see the Parisian landmarks via the Metro. Looking forward to our next visit to Paris.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Gillian S
26609991, Directeur général at Hotel Design Secret de Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Gillian S,

A few words to thank you for a very enjoyable comment :) We are also looking forward to your next stay!

Caroline & the SDP team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,672)

Reviewed 23 January 2014

My 50th birthday trip started out a bit rocky (partly due to jet lag). I was initially not happy with the room and they made a mistake in leaving a bag of rose petals in the room fridge which was supposed to be a surprise (my hubby had paid for the romance package). Part of the confusion was our fault.
However, that was to be the end of our disappointment. From that point on the staff bent over backwards to make us happy. They had a bottle of champagne waiting for us at dinner, the room was beautifully decorated per the romance package when we returned (loved the sexy tub in the Orsay room). The next morning they comped the fabulous breakfast AND they had bought a birthday cake and presented it to me at breakfast complete with candles. Needless to say, I felt like a spoiled diva for complaining in the first place.
It is a beautiful hotel, immaculately clean and sexy. Just know the rooms are small and the Orsay room looks out on a wall and interior courtyard.
I wish I could remember the name of the young man who worked very hard to make us happy, but I cannot. He is from Cuba if that helps identify him to management because he deserves a raise.
The biggest compliment I can give is that I will stay here again on our next trip to Paris!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear raindiva,

I am so grateful that you remembered us a few months after celebrating your 50th birthday in one of our Orsay Museum room! It was our pleasure to spoil you on such a special occasion and I am delighted to read that you will be coming back.
The young gentleman from Cuba is Willman :), thank you for your kind words about him.

We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

My daughter and I stayed at SdP at the weekend and although it was my first time my daughter had stayed in September and loved it. I was not dissapointed it is such a really lovely spotless,comfortable and friendly hotel I would recommend it to anyone.We stayed in the Eiffel tower room bed was so cosy,shower fabulous juice and water what more could you ask for?Hotel so well situated for the things we had booked in fact within walking distance.Was sorry to leave but will definately be going back in the future it was absoulutely fabulous.

Room Tip: We stayed in Eiffel tower room and it was so quiet but I would say all the rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
26609991, Réception at Hotel Design Secret de Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Dear Eileen B,
What a wonderful comment! Thank you so much, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us as well as your Eiffel Tower room and its hydromassage shower. We definitely wait to see you and your lovely daughter again!
Marie Laroche

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I booked this two-night trip as a surprise for my girlfriend, and was looking for a romantic hotel in the middle of Paris that would fit the bill. I was willing to pay a little extra for something that would impress, but I can't afford the prices of the top-league hotels. Everything was perfect. All of the staff we met were exceptionally friendly - beyond the usual courtesy one would expect - and very helpful. The room (designed to look like it's inside the Eiffel Tower) was beautiful and clean, and our massages relaxing after a day of travelling. We're planning to do more of these trips and try different hotels in different places, but next time we come back to Paris we'll be back here for sure.

4  Thank David F
26609991, Directeur général at Hotel Design Secret de Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear David,

It is fantastic news to read that you will be coming back during your next visit. That is the best reward for the team and myself.
I am very grateful that you shared your experience on Tripadvisor and be assured that the team has read your review and were very touched by your kind words!

We all look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

We usually stay on the Ile St. Louis but wanted to try somewhere different this time.We saw the great reviews on here so decided to try the hotel and new neighborhood.We loved both the hotel and neighborhood! So much more real and less tourist! Great for shopping,eating and walking.Loved our room too,the Atelier room.Our only problem was on and off internet service.Also loved the Sauna,Steam and Exercise room.The staff was super friendly and helpful,especially with restaurant recommendations.Would return again!!

4  Thank AndeeFeldman

Dear AndeeFeldman,

We are so proud to become your « new favorite »! We are really grateful you shared your impressions on TripAdvisor. We do hope, that thanks to your review, other travelers will find us.
My apologies for the on/off wifi, the technician came and it has now been fixed.

We really hope to see you again

Marie Laroche

Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Have stayed in lots of Hotels in Paris and this has to be one the the nicest for the price. Was afraid at the start that it might be too much of a gaud fest but the hotel is decorated in good taste.

Our room Opera was nice but small however this is the case in most hotels in Paris. It had a flat screen tv, stereo with mp3 options, nice lighting a decor. Bathroom was also small but had a nice rain shower and a jacuzzi bath ( fits 2 ! ), also had complementary water and organelle juice included.

Staff also very nice and if I had one complaint it would be that they spoke English to us too much ( we're in France after all ). Good breakfast and although we didn't have time to use the Gym, Sauna or steam room it looked very good.

Finally had a drink at the bar in the evening and taught the wine menu could be better, would be nice to have the option to buy wine by the glass but otherwise good hotel, well run and in a very good location in Paris.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
26609991, Directeur général at Hotel Design Secret de Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Dear Morrib2,

Thank you for taking time to write a comment on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure for us to greet you and make you discover the room-concepts of our hotel. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and the services we offer.

Regarding the Wine Menu, we are currently working on a new Menu for our Bar and we will definitely offer wine by the glass as an option! We hope to welcome you again later this year to make you discover this!

To conclude in French :-) Merci d'avoir séjourné à Secret de Paris et c'est promis, moins d'anglais lors de votre prochaine visite!

Reviewed 16 January 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at SdP for four nights at the beginning of January and we absolutely love this place.
We were greeted by Willman (I think that's his name) who took care of our suitcases before giving us a guided tour of this beautifully decorated hotel. It was reassuring to see the amount of detail that had gone into every corner of the design; if you're looking to escape the homogenous premiere inn type hotel, you've come to the right place.
The staff were incredibly friendly and accommodating, the location is easily walk-able to any of the major sites (the moulin rouge is 5 minutes around the corner...if that's your thing) and the facilities are brilliant.

Room Tip: We opted to stay in the "opera" room for our entire stay, although it is possible to swap...
1  Thank Charlie C

Dear Charlie C,

Thank you very much for a fantastic and very rewarding review!
It was Willman's pleasure to introduce the secrets of the Secret to you and your beloved one.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in 2014.

With kind regards,