“Valentines Day in Paris” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hotel Design Secret de Paris
Ranked #18 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersSilver level
Centralia, Illinois
“Valentines Day in Paris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed Feb 12th through the 16th. From the moment we walked in the door, we were impressed. The service is unbelievable. Willmam greeted us, gave us maps and explained the metro. He went above and beyond. Everyone here is very helpful and courteous. Highly recommend to anyone!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Centralia434
26609991, Directeur général at Hotel Design Secret de Paris, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Centralia434, Valentine's day is always a special time at the hotel and I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay so much! Willman and the entire team were delighted to help you find your way around the city of lights :). Thank you very much for such a lovely review, we hope to welcome you again. Kind regards, Caroline Canny

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

We have just returned from a 4 night break in Paris and what a wonderful hotel this is. The staff are amazing and so friendly their English is great. The hotel is a 3 minute walk to the metro station which is great. Breakfast was great - it set us up for the day and the food was great. I would recommend this hotel to couples as it is a really romantic and relaxing hotel. Such a wonderful time, thankyou to everybody who made our stay so perfect!

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank crosbie93
26609991, Directeur général at Hotel Design Secret de Paris, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Laura, thank you very much for your amazing words regarding the team & the hotel. I am thrilled that we could contribute in making your time in Paris a special one and a romantic one! We hope to welcome you again. Caroline & the SDP team
nc
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

We booked this for a weekend - the rooms are small and awkward the shower/toilet was built into the room and was entirely of glass. We expected small as we have stayed in Paris often but this was tiny. Definitely not for families. Rooms were clean. Area Ok but not in a great location to get a feel for the city. Booked after seeing rave reviews but can not believe the reviews are so positive, it might be unique but totally impractical, we moved to a more central location, to a cheaper room without the glass toilet after one night.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank bobbyex11
Dear brudney, thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor following your stay with us in October 2013. I am sorry to read that our hotel did not meet your expectations in terms of design. The partial transparency (glass is transparent only above 1m30) is part of the decor and is mentionned in many reviews of our hotel. When you explained to me after one night that you were uncomfortable with it, I understood, which is why we did not charge you any late cancellation fee and offered our assistance to find a hotel with a design you would enjoy more. I hope that the rest of your stay in Paris was enjoyable! Our only objective is that our guests are comfortable with us, which is why we are at your disposal 24/7 to answer any question regarding our hotel prior to making a reservation. With kind regards, Caroline Canny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

I booked a surprise trip for my husband to Paris in September and chose this hotel after researching for the most romantic hotel in Paris. I was overjoyed with our room D'orsay, it was soooo romantic and they even had a little spa downstaires with a steam room and sauna. The bath in the room was amazing, I couldn't stop playing with the buttons, lights in all different colours and all different speeds for the bubbles. The service was fantastic. I fail to see how Anyone could be disappointed.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Bradleycooper
26609991, Directeur général at Hotel Design Secret de Paris, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear BradleyCooper, thank you very much for an amazing little comment :) I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our amenities as well as your Musée d'Orsay room! I have passed on your kind words regarding our service to the team. I hope to welcome you again. Kind regards, Caroline Canny
Ray, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

This small hotel is probably one of the best decisions that we made in Paris!

Located halfway between 2 different subway metro stations (2 different lines too!) so getting around was easy. It’s also located about a 15-20 minute walk to Opera area where the shuttle from CDG airport drops you off (10 euro per person, way cheaper than a taxi). Saint Lazarre train station is only 10 minute walk as well. Great since that’s a central metro hub, with many lines connecting, or if you do a day trip out of Paris (we went to Normandy), its very close.
We stayed 6 days, and we changed rooms 4 times, because they have different “themed” rooms with different amenities to try. There is NO CHARGE to change rooms so take advantage! Very very cool! The Orsay themed room was our favorite, with a pop up TV, at end of bed! All rooms have LED mood lighting, 42” lcd tvs, modern fixtures, great 2 person bubble jet tubs in rooms! Extremely clean

Hotel has a sauna and a steam-room as well in basement with a workout gym. They provide bathrobes and slippers in every room for this purpose. We didn’t use the exercise equipment, but tried the rest. Very very nice. Internet connection is good, never went down while we were there, and plenty fast enough for emails for facebook photo uploads.
Front desk is helpful. That’s an understatement. They booked dinner reservations, gave us a US plug adapter, band-aid for my wife…. Really amazing. Perfect English. Actually they speak 7 or 8 different languages!

Location: we walked a lot on our trip, and this was relatively close to Sacred Heart, Moulin Rouge, and the Opera. Area was nice, not too busy, and not too touristy. Many local shops and bakery/delis around to get some snacks.

Breakfast was excellent. Starts at 7am for you early risers, and goes until 10:30 for those that sleep late like we always did! They cook eggs and omelets to order, as well as having fresh bakery goods, yogurt, deli meats, salmon, fruits, etc. Great fresh squeezed juices as well. Not an “American Denny’s” breakfast buffet, but we loved it.

Book this place. With only 25 or 30 rooms, you really get private attention if you need it, but its not like an old mom and pop place. This is a top-notch, first class place. First floor reception area is large and open. Recently built, modern, and super clean. I cannot recommend this place any more highly. 5 stars!

Room Tip: Switch rooms daily! Cool experience!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ray V
26609991, Directeur général at Hotel Design Secret de Paris, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear Ray, I am very flattered that you consider our small Secret^^as one of your best decision while being in Paris! Also happy to see that you had the courage of packing your bags quite often to change room and enjoy the different decors. Front desk is and always will be delighted to help out the best way they know how, be assured I passed on your kind words to them. I hope to welcome you again, you'll have to tell me more about this "American Denny's" next time:). Kind regards, Caroline Canny
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

Fantastic hotel! We stayed here for 3 nights in January 2014 and loved it. It's in a great location, a few minutes walk from leige metro station, from where you can reach the main Paris attractions really easily, and a few minutes walk from the Moulin rouge. Our room, the trocadero, was gorgeous. There were lots of special features including different light settings and a wonderful Jacuzzi bath, perfect for easing those aching muscles after lots of walking! There's a free safe, robes, slippers, hairdryer and toiletries included. The rooms are sound proofed so we both sleptvery well with no noise. The breakfast at the hotel is well worth the 15 euros, it was delicious, with a full continental range, plus eggs however you want them, a choice of fresh juices and tasty pastries. The staff at the hotel were so friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much bother. They helped us navigate our way around Paris and even booked restaurants for us. We were blown away with the exceptional service we received. I really highly recommend this hotel, and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear MKeddie, after such a magnificent comment, there isn't much left for me to say except that I am very grateful for your kind words about the hotel & service you received. It looks like you may not have had the time to enjoy our Secret Garden with its Steam room & Sauna open 24hrs. I hope you will be able to come back to try it :). With kind regards, Caroline Canny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Highs
Beautiful Decor
Very quit rooms from street except the Atelier d'artiste room.
Wonderful reception staff. They were incredibly nice, helpful and spoke English very well.
Had high end features.The programmable lighting in the rooms were awesome!
Lows
Really tiny rooms for price and location..exception was the Atelier d'artiste room,
The cleanliness was not great...I am a clean freak though. We had the Discovery package and changed rooms three times during a week stay. First room (Moulin Rouge) was clean but had slight mold in shower. Second room (atelier d'artiste) had a lot of mold in the bathroom tiles. Third room (Opera Garnier) which was the worst, had a lot of mold in bathroom as well as stained sheets with hairs in the covers as well as the towels. Also, when I took a shower I discovered there were not any bathroom towels.
Overall very nice hotel minus the small issues.
Room tip
Atelier d'artiste has pitched ceilings and not great for tall people...

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank purpleladyslippers8
Dear purpleladyslippers8 (hope I got that right!), I am very grateful that you took the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. Also, I was delighted to read that you found the team so nice and helpful! I passed on your compliments to them. Following your remarks about the cleanliness, I personally went to inspect the rooms you stayed in and I must say that I was unable to find any trace of mold in the Atelier and the Moulin Rouge. I must apologize about the Opera as I found some, be assured that it was instantly cleaned and the housekeeping team was informed. Should you have informed us during your stay, we would have been delighted to wash it off immediatly. I hope to welcome you again. Kind regards, Caroline Canny