“Great hotel for couple getaway in Paris”

Hotel Design Secret de Paris
Ranked #23 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersSilver level
Maputo, Mozambique
“Great hotel for couple getaway in Paris”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Very nice, cozy, well situated hotel (near 2 metros) in Paris. Exquisitely decorated rooms, very nice breakfast and decent gym (rare for a Paris hotel). Very professional, helpful and friendly staff. They allowed us to check into our room early and held our luggage because we had a late flight. The rooms are very comfortable, extremely well decorated with nice amenities (armani toiletries). would recommend to anyone traveling to Paris for a short romantic stay. keep it up!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
26609991, Directeur général at Hotel Design Secret de Paris, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear EdK541, thank you very much for writing a review on Tripadvisor! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Just a little piece of information, our toiletteries are actually from the brand Azarro :). We will certainly do our best to keep it up! I hope you will come back and make sure we did. With kind regards, Caroline Canny

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Tigard, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Just left Paris(headed to Italy now) after a 4 night stay at SDP. The hotel was great and the staff were amazing. They are very friendly and helpful.listen to their suggestions and tips, and you won't go wrong. I Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Derik, the team and myself are very thankful for your review. Be assured that I will pass on your kind words to each one of them. I hope your trip in Italy went as good as the French one.
See you next time at SDP, with kind regards, Caroline Canny
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend came to Paris for a long weekend back in January.

Everything about this hotel exceeded my expectations; The welcoming and friendly staff, the amazingly unique bedrooms, great service, cleanliness and all of the little touches. I could not fault anything about Secret De Paris.

The perfect hotel for a romantic break. Highly recommended!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
26609991, Directeur général at Hotel Design Secret de Paris, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear fairygirlem, thank you very much for remembering us so well a few months after you stay! I am delighted that our hotel exceeded your expectations, we hope to have the pleasure of surprising you again during your next visit. With kind regards, Caroline Canny
Key Biscayne, Florida
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Just got back from our honeymoon! First time for my husband and my return to this great city. The hotel was very well located and the room amenities were all top notch. William is a gem and should get special recognition. He saw to our every detail.

Love the decor.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear sftravel86, Merci beaucoup! I am delighted to read that all went well during your stay with us & be assured that I will pass on your appreciation to WIllman and the team. We hope to welcome you again! Kind regards, Caroline Canny
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We just returned from a three night weekend stay in Paris. The first time for my partner and many years for me since I've been back. I wanted somewhere small and intimate."The Secret" delivered everything I could have wanted and for my partner in particular, being her first visit. I found it on Tripadvisor.It had good ratings and all I will do now is to add to the already enviable scoreline. The pre-arrival service was outstanding as I was able to book two restaurants through Reception in advance of our arrival. It was so easy and the response rate equally as fast. No matter we ended up cancelling one of the bookings for the Sunday night and found somewhere local to Montmartre.
The first option was to book an Eiffel Tower room but we changed this to a Moulin Rouge with a Love Box thrown in, and it was a good decision to have made. The room was not big but then this is Paris, right? Nevertheless we did struggle a bit with the wardrobe space and somewhere to put our luggage. Neither are there any tea/coffee making facilities in the room so we fell back on room service for the early morning tea and coffee and this worked OK. The bathroom was small but functioned well with an amazing shower (no bath), which had body jets as well as a rain shower and a hand-held spray. The lighting system was equally as sophisticated with red bulbs in every lamp, all of which could be adjusted to just about any level you needed to create the mood for the moment.
We opted to have breakfast in the hotel lobby each morning, which was perfect although possibly more expensive than going outside. It's possible to order food through the hotel reception but this will be supplied by an external caterer.Time was short so we opted to take an open top bus tour around the city. There's a number of routes to choose from and it's easy to hop on and hop off whenever you want to and also to use more than one route in any one day. So we lingered at the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre and the Champs Elysee.
The hotel is well placed and midway between Opera and Montmartre and there are a number of local bars and restaurants on the doorstep if you didn't feel like straying too far in the evenings. But just a ten minute walk will get you to Montmartre with more than enough night life including the Mouiln Rouge.
There are just 29 rooms in this hotel but the approach to the decor and service standards make it every bit a 5 star experience. Given the chance, we will definitely go back again.

Room Tip: For a specially romantic weekend it has to ba a Mouiln Rouge...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
26609991, Directeur général at Hotel Design Secret de Paris, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear PapaLen, thank you very much for writing such a detailed review of your experience with us & in Paris! I am delighted to read that you had an overall 5* experience, be assured that I have already shared your satisfaction with the team. Although we do not have a courtesy platter in room, we can bring tea & coffee to your room 24h/day. I am also very grateful that you mentionned the pre-arrival concierge service available, some restaurants are hard to book and it is great to receive your booking requests prior to your arrival! To future travellers: I recommend you do the same as PapaLen :). We hope to see you again soon!

Kind regards,

Caroline Canny
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We booked a trip for my husbands 40th birthday so we wanted something special & we got it with our whole experience in Paris. The Eurostar was brill and meal and wine was very much welcomed along with the fab staff. Upon arrival to the hotel we were very pleased with the location and the external look too, when we checked in the staff were amazing and took lots of time to show us around the hotel and tell us their little stories regarding decor etc, this was a great touch. Our room was the 30's themed and we had a lovely hot tub too. We had breakfast every morning as there was a very good choice and the staff were quick to ask if you wanted anything additional added to it. the use of WIFi in the hotel was a great bonus too. The Metro system was very easy to use with atleast 3 statins within a 2 min walking distance. There is plenty to do in Paris, we visited the Eiffel Tower, The Louvre, Paris ST Garmin stadium, St Chapel and Notre Dame, I would warm you to make sure you take a comfy pair of shoes as you will be doing lots of walking. There are lots of good restaurants but our most enjoyed was called Chez Clement.

Room Tip: There are many checks of room and in my opinion it would come down to personal choice... But from wh...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ellen m
26609991, Directeur général at Hotel Design Secret de Paris, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Ellen, it was a great pleasure for the team and myself to read your review! Thank you very much for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. A 40th birthday is certainly one to remember and I am delighted that we could contribute to a memorable week-end in Paris. We hope to welcome you again. With kind regards, Caroline Canny
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayed ten nights for our 20th Anniversary and were treated to some of the best service and hospitality I have experienced anywhere. Vi and William deserve special mention as they were so helpful and friendly. The hotel was small and yet afforded us the ultimate in privacy as we rarely saw other guests. The decor was gorgeous (I loved the fresh flowers during the day and candles at night). Vi gave us the option to stay in different rooms and so we tried the Musee d'Orsay, the Trocadero and the Artist's Studio - all were outstanding in their own right and had amazingly comfortable beds and pillows with lovely soft towels in the bathroom. The extra special touches - like when we found beautiful Easter eggs in our room on Easter Sunday - made this the stand out hotel it is.

Room Tip: All rooms have sound proofing from the street so are exceptionally quiet and all of the rooms on the...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Marno_13
Dear Marno_13, we miss you already!! I can easily speak for the entire team by saying that we felt very lucky to have you as our guests for 10 days. I really appreciate you taking the time to write such a lovely review & your kind words were passed on to Vi, Will and the entire SDP team.
We hope that you will be coming back all the way from Sydney in the future! With kind regards, Caroline Canny