“Can't wait to return”

Hotel Design Secret de Paris
Ranked #28 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 June 2014

All the prior reviews are true - the hotel and staff are great! We just completed two nights at this cozy hotel and look forward to staying here again should we have the opportunity to return to Paris. Carolin and Willman were very helpful with restaurant suggestions and other guidance. Our room was small, like all the other 48 rooms, be quite imaginative in decor.

Vince Cannella

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
26609991, Directeur général at Hotel Design Secret de Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Vince, I am very happy to see that you found the reviews to be truthful and that you added your opinion as well! Just a little modification, we have only 29 rooms (would have loved to have a few more though :)). Merci beaucoup for your lovely comment, we are looking forward to welcoming you again! Kind regards, Caroline Canny

Write a ReviewReviews (1,673)

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Loved the hotel. We stayed for 2 nights. Themed rooms are cool. The beds are sooooo comfy, the shower is excellent and the breakfast was tasty. The one thing that made this hotel more special is the staff; Willman in particular was super helpful. Hopefully will get back again sooner rather than later.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Bonjour Damian and thank you very much for posting a review on Tripadvisor. I am thrilled to read that you loved it :). Be assured that I will share your satisfaction with Willman and the team.
We are looking forward to your visit very soon! Kind regards, Caroline Canny

Reviewed 25 June 2014

The staff cannot do enough for you, the room we had was the effiel tower thyme and it was beautiful. The food in the mornings wash great so many options to choose from just stunning me and my fiancé would come her time and time again!!!!

Room Tip: The efiel tower room number 43 is beautiful.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
26609991, Directeur général at Hotel Design Secret de Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Daniel C, very very happy to read that we will be welcoming you and your fiancé again! Thank you so much for your lovely review, be assured that I will share your satisfaction with the team.

Hello to your lovely fiancé as well, we hope to welcome you again very soon Kind regards, Caroline and the SDP team

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Lovely place with very attentive staff. Our comments:
1. Place is in the 8th arr. and a bit off the beaten path. You need to walk about 10 minutes to find decent restaurants and some activity.
2. Rooms are all themed. We had the Eiffel Tower room and it was very nice. Bathrooms are all modern and very cool. The shower is fantastic.
3. Breakfast is very nice but costs about $25 US per person.
4. Front desk staff is very attentive and tries to please.
5. Sauna and steam rooms are exellent.
6. Late night cocktails in the parlor room were very nice and many people gather there after their days activities.
7. Overall, liked the place a great deal. Only negative is the distance to get to certain things. (example: about 35 minutes to the Seine by walking).

Room Tip: All the rooms are themed and ours was the Eiffel tower room. Very nice, very romantic and OK size...
2  Thank Gary T

Dear Gary T, thank you very much for a well organised and qualitative feedback:)! I will try to be as structured as you in my response:
1. Our hotel is actually located in the 9th district (the 8th is really nearby though). I am a bit surprised for restaurants as we have at least 5 great restaurants located maximum 5min walking distance from our hotel. The reception team is delighted to book a table for you anytime:).
2. Indeed they are, 6 different themes for a total of 29 rooms. Happy to read that you enjoyed yours!
3. Breakfast is almost like a brunch! If you wake up a bit late, no need for lunch after pastries, baguette, Salmon, Eggs, cheese & fresh fruits!
4. I will be delighted to share your nice words with the team
5. And are free for our guests as well as open 24 hours :)

For the distance, we are 10min walking from Montmartre and the Opera Garnier with Galeries Lafayette and yes 35min walk to le Louvre or 15min by metro!

We hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards

Caroline

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed here with the girlfriend for her birthday and had a brilliant time. We stayed in the Musee D'orsay themed room and it was great, quite small but extremely cosy with the comfiest bed I've ever slept in. We had a minor problem when we arrived at the Gard du Nord by eurostar when the private car I booked through the hotel didn't turn up, but upon arriving at the hotel the staff phoned them and it turned out the taxi company had a mix up and the staff arranged with them to pick us up for our departure free of charge!! The staff made us feel extremely welcome and were happy to help with any queries that we had. The bathroom was was really cool with the big bath, hydrojets and blue lighting and the rooms lighting scenarios were simple to use and set the atmosphere great. I just wish we could have stayed longer!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
26609991, Directeur général at Hotel Design Secret de Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear wellieman, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us! Merci beaucoup for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor, it will be my pleasure to share such positive feedback with the team. Since you couldn't stay longer, you have to come back :) We hope it will be soon!
With kind regards, Caroline Canny

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We loved staying here. The rooms are extraordinary. The breakfast were great. It is a little far from all the main sights. Short cab ride but a long walk. Very nice spa and gym area. Beautiful hotel!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Christine042058, we loved having you here :). Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and posting a review on Tripadvisor. Regarding sight seeing from our hotel,the Opera Garnier as well as the Sacre Coeur in Montmartre are 10min walking distance from here. Louvre Museum is 25min walking. For other sites, we have Metro and buses nearby that can get you anywhere in maximum 15 minutes. We hope to welcome you again! With kind regards, Caroline Canny

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I spent 5 nights at the this hotel and could not have been more pleased with my stay. I was greeted by Caroline after a very tiring day. Caroline, the manager, was delightful and very welcoming. She not only welcomed me to the hotel and led me to my room but explained the hotel's concept and was forthcoming about vital information, including their willingness to help track down my luggage which had not arrived at the airport. The other staff was just as delightful. Willman especially was phenomenal in assisting me with dealing with AirFrance when they couldn't locate my reservation the afternoon before my flight home. Juan, early the next morning, was a bright spot in my send off from Paris. I truly cannot say enough about the staff. The room (Eiffel Tower) was small and the bathroom tight but I have no complaints. It was cozy and clean and just great by my standards. The towels were soft but the robe was not and one of the ties was ripped (if you care about such things). The location was fantastic! You can walk or take the Metro anywhere. You are in the heart of a neighborhood which lends more to a true parisian experience. I will return to this hotel for sure the next time I am in Paris. I have no reservations with recommending this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: If I hadn't had difficulties with my lost luggage I would have taken their offer to try a differ...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear ElsieBean, it is fantastic news to read that you will be visiting us again! I am very grateful for your review and thank you for your amazing words regarding the team. Be assured that I will share them with Willman, Juan and the entire team. Because several of our guests had the unfortunate experience of not having their luggage on arrival, we can help in getting information when it happens. Regarding the robe, well it is certainly not a minor detail to me! They should be as soft as the towels and we would have been delighted to change yours. See you soon in Paris!
With kind regards, Caroline Canny