“Can't Say Enough How AMAZING this Hotel IS!”

Hotel Design Secret de Paris
Ranked #23 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Design Secret hotel in March of this year. The room was phenomenal! The property owners have gone to all the extra (and costly) steps usually forgone by hotels: sound proof windows that allow an entirely quiet room even if overlooking the busy street, seemingly sound proof walls that make you feel alone in the hotel because you can't hear the neighbors, curtains that close completely to allow for jet-lagged travelers to make the room dark and get some rest, the list goes on and on! And while the room itself was superb, the real award goes to the staff who kept both the room and the whole hotel sparkling clean, warm, and inviting. Every member of the staff was not just friendly, but went above and beyond to make us comfortable. Stay at this hotel. Favorite_Place_Ever!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Laurel T
Write a ReviewReviews (1,660)

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We were in París in Aug had a great time stayed on night was a great place ! Love any place in París were of to another hotel for the rest of vacation meeting up with some friends for the next week ! Amazing the people and places too see we just love it !

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

What an amazing hotel the secret de Paris is. The rooms were perfect, very clean and offered awesome facilities. The staff were fantastic throughout. We were greeted at the door and escorted to our room and was offered a tour of how to use the gadgets/facilities in the room. I couldn't recommend this hotel enough. Will definitely be returning to this hotel......BRILLIANT!!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Ian F
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This is our first trip to Paris, and not to mention, our first destination for our honeymoon. The hotel is fantastic. The stay could not have been more pleasant. I did a good amount of research for boutique hotels, and had heard that rooms were small in Paris hotels, but to our surprise, the room was a very decent size. Very much like nyc hotels, but slightly smaller. The"themed" element of this hotel was totally worth the amount spent. We got the Discovery Package, which meant that we could switch rooms during our stay. We stayed 4 nights and booked directly through the website. At check-out, it stated that we were allowed to changed rooms once. However, at check-in at the hotel, the concierge told us that we were allowed to switch rooms however much time we please. Obviously we took advantage of that. We ended up experiencing the Trocadero, Eiffel Tower, Moulin Rouge, and Musee D' Orsay. Our favrite was the Musee D' Orsay. It was the most modern room, and it seemed bigger than the others. The Trocadero was ok, there was nothing too special about it. The Eiffel Tower room was one of my top choices, and I would rate that room as my second favorite. The Moulin Rouge room is a must for couples, although it seemed that our air condition was not working as well in this room compared to the others. The Front Desk staff was extremely helpful and very friendly. We are from NYC and we totally forgot to bring the outlet converter to charge our cameras, the front desk staff had every converter you can imagine. Everyday, we would stop by the front desk to tell them we wanted to switch to another room. All we had to do was pack up all our luggage, and leave it in the room. At the end of the day, when we returned to the hotel, all we had to do was stop by the Front Desk again, and pick up our new key card. Never once did we experience any issues. The location of the hotel is very central and convenient as well. We were within a 3 minute walking distance to 2 metro stations, and 2 minutes from the Moulin Rouge theater. We took the RER train from the Charles de Gaulle airport, and transfer to the metro. It was about a 45 minute train ride to the closet metro station near the hotel. We had no problems. As a native New Yorker, Paris metro systems is very similar to NY, except that everything is in French. There were quite a few metro employees hanging around at the stations offering assistance. There are a few brasseries, supermarkets, a japanese restaurant, and police station in the area. The are several other ethnic restaurants within a 10 minute walk from the hotel. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone, and we will absolutely consider this hotel if we return to Paris. The city itself is amazing. You will need to spend at least 4 full days to cover 80% of all the culture that Paris has to offer.

Room Tip: Definitely opt for the Discovery Package. It is the small price as if you were to pick a specific ro...
3  Thank Annie C
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Such a beautiful hotel, with awesome themed rooms, so unique. After my boyfriend and I searching for months for somewhere romantic and special to stay in Paris this was my first choice, it ticked all the boxes. Beatutiful location, Gorgeous themed rooms. and being just around the corner from the Moulin Rouge it was perfect.
The staff couldn't do more for us, they brought us a bottle opener for a shop bought wine, breakfast in bed was amazing, even if we did order it at half 1 the night before.
Any couples looking for a unique experiences of Paris this is the place to stay, they offer a different room every night if you wish. We were lucky when we went that our friends were in another room so we got to see inside 2 of the rooms. both were of high quality and perfectly themed for Paris.

Would definitely recommended to a friend and would definitely visit again and pick another room.

Room Tip: All the rooms are amazing, we stayed in the Moulin Rouge which had very romantic lighting.
2  Thank Sophie F
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights earlier this month and was surprised with everything about it. The lady on reception was very helpful, explaining various restaurants and points of interest in the surrounding area.

I had forgotten a UK travel adapter and was provided one for the length of my stay, as well as an adapter for a USB so I could charge my phone. Little things like this go a long way and I was very happy with the service in this regard.

The rooms weren't the biggest but it's to be expected in Paris. Great sized TV, lovely bed & draped curtains. Bathroom was nice and the amenities were always stocked up.

Housekeeping knocked on and I politely informed them that I was OK for now and would be in the room for a while. When I came back after leaving, the room was clean. Simply faultless.

I cannot recommend this hotel enough. In a great part of Paris and will be staying here again in the future.

1  Thank Nathan H
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Booked this hotel after doing extensive research and based on its Tripadvisor reviews. Booked two rooms for two couples. Let me say that it's rating is extremely well deserved! I travel frequently, and rarely have I encountered service to the level offered at Secret de Paris. Everyone, and I mean every single staff member, was extremely helpful, friendly, and at times went above and beyond to ensure a positive stay for us. We arrived at the hotel in the morning well before our rooms were ready. We were greeted with a smile and a warm welcome, bags brought in for us, and offered coffee/water while we waited. Being exhausted, we were directed to the steam room and showers, and given robes, towels etc to make us more comfortable.

It then turned out that we had picked up the wrong suitcase at the airport, and were missing one of ours! No worries though--the staff took it upon themselves to make all the phone calls with the airlines, and helped fill out all paperwork, all through the day, so we could spend time enjoying Paris. We got our bag the next morning!

Didn't end there--we had booked Eiffel Tower tickets through the front desk several days in advance. On the day we were supposed to leave, I get a call in the morning from the front desk asking me how I was getting there. They wanted me to be aware of station and road closures, and offered an alternative route there so I would be on time! One night, we casually asked if they knew of any Fondue restaurants that were worth trying. They said they would check. We forgot about it, but the next night we returned from sight seeing, and they said they had made reservations for us at a great Fondue restaurant! It was easily one of the best restaurants we ate at during our trip. They also arranged Airport pickup and transport back, frequently pointed out local restaurants or directions to sights, even provided umbrellas for us on a rainy day (which competely saved our trip to Versailles I might add). Whenever we wanted water or coffee, it was there. Thank you, Secret de Paris!

As for the rooms, they are exactly as the pictures show. Immacculate, clean, very well appointed. Each room is themed. You even have the choice (if available) to switch rooms to try out other themes. We stayed in the Trocadero room and opted to keep it for the week we were there. Had a lovely large window that opened onto the street. The other couple had the Musee d'Orsay room and loved it as well. Coming from the US, you may think the rooms are small, but expected for Europe. Each room is perfect for a couple, with two large suitcases. We had four large suitcases (we were coming from another trip), but still made it work w/o feeling overly cramped.

Breakfast was good, and convenient if in a rush. Though it was pricey, and most of the time I simply went to the bakery across the street for a quick croissant or baguette, as we are usually not huge breakfast eaters. The location was convenient enough. It was slightly off from he main tourist area, so very quiet. Many restaurants and bars very close by. Good area to get the local feel of Paris. Minutes walk from Moulin Rouge. Two metro stations close by (within two blocks), that can get you to all major sights within 5 -15 minutes. Montmartre two stops away. Or if you prefer to walk, its 10 mins to the Opera Garnier and Shopping malls, another 10 to the Louvre and all thats around it. There's also taxis if needed.

I never feel compelled to write reviews, but this time I did. Overall, a great stay and experience. Would definitely stay here again. Highly recommended. But shhh, keep the secret to yourself :)

2  Thank VASMD
26609991, Directeur général at Hotel Design Secret de Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear VASMD, I can see that this is your first review on Tripadvisor, but what a review!! Merci Merci Merci :), for all your kind words and appreciation of the service you received. The team and I were delighted to assist you during your stay and getting such feedback from our client is the best reward for their hardwork. We hope to welcome you again!
Kind regards, Caroline Canny