“Friendly Staff and Romantic Hotel”

Hotel Design Secret de Paris
Ranked #22 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 September 2010

Stayed at the Hotel in September 2010. We have been to France before but never to Paris. Friendly man met us at the door of the hotel and ask us if we wanted a complementary drink while they sorted our room. A friendly lady then showed us to our Paris themed room, We had Moulin Rouge. Lovely comfortable bed and large wide bathroom/wet room. Stayed in Paris for three nights and visited the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe and a trip down the River Seine. Breakfast at the hotel was really good with bread, pastries, ham, cheese, salmon and an offer of eggs cooked however we wanted. Friendly and courteous staff. We would recommend this hotel however we did have a slight problem at the end of the stay when a taxi wasn't booked and we had to go to the main station on the Metro and nearly missed our Euro train!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SSophine

Reviewed 20 September 2010

My wife and I recently spent five nights in Paris, the first three in the 3-star Villa St. Martin. Because we were celebrating our wedding anniversary, the folks who own both Villa St. Martin and Secret de Paris upgraded us to the superb, 4-star Secret de Paris for our last two nights in the city of lights.

Secret de Paris opened in January and is a small boutique hotel (has around 28 rooms, if I remember correctly). Each room is designed based on a well-known Paris landmark. We stayed in Eiffel Tower room (perfect as my wive's favorite sight in Paris is the tower). Take a look at our pictures—quite the room!

The hotel has a Turkish bath, sauna, and exercise room with access included with all reservations. Included with our room was breakfast. The desk attendant told us we could have it in the breakfast room or have breakfast brought to our room for no extra charge. While the breakfast was standard continental fare (fruit, bread, pastries, cheese, cereal, and juice), it also included eggs cooked to order and sausage (being as we're vegetarians, the sausage wasn't exactly a big selling point).

Our stay was exceptional in every way. The hotel is superb. Although we won't be able to afford to stay here any time soon, we would love to spend a few more nights at this Parisian jewel.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HMSoon
Reviewed 1 September 2010

After reading all these postivie reviewes of Secret de Paris in here, we decided to stay here for a couple of night of our honeymoon. We were not let down in any way.
The staff is courteous, friendly and very serviceminded. Examples of the latter is the little guided tour of our "Musee d'Orsay" room we got upon arrival (fancy light settings, and TV hidden in foot end of the bed), and the help we got when we lost a few tickets underneath the TV.

Location is great, close to Montmarte with all its cosy shops and restaurants (and the Moulin of you're into shows), and a mere 10mins walk to Galleries Lafayette, the Garnier Opera an Printemps.

We ordered the additional breakfast which was well worth it. Fresh croissants (of course), baguettes, bread, cereals and youghurt. Even had some warm breakfast options.

Will absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone, but especially couples.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2010

Having seen all the rave reviews on Tripadvisor I had to try this hotel on a recent business trip to Paris. I was not disappointed. The hotel may have a quirky reception but my booking was instantly found and with no formalities I was immediately shown to my room. Each room is decorated in a style to reflect various tourist attractions in the city and I found there to be very adequate space despite some other reviews - Paris hotel rooms are always on the small side. The room was very well equipped with a large digital safe and good entertainment equipment. Most enjoyable stay and one hotel I am sure to revisit.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2010

I stayed at this hotel at the end of a trip around France and Italy with a platonic friend.
Everything was perfect with incredibly helpful and friendly staff. The hotel itself is so different to any other that I have stayed in and the designs are amazing. With a sauna, steam room and gym, I had a very relaxing stay. Even the lighting in the bedroom has three different levels.
The only problem I had was with the bathroom, dispite having a twin room, the bathroom was practically see through and the door did not close completely which was all part of the design. This would be fine had I been with a partner or girlfriend, but I felt extremely uncomfortable using the bathroom with my friend in the room. In the end I used the showers in the Fitness centre keeping my swimming costume on.
The location of the hotel is great, and a nice stroll to most places.
Car parking was about an 8 minute walk from the hotel.
Overall, apart from the bathroom an amazing place to stay and I would certainly go back if under different circumstances.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2010

In Paris for just one night, cancelled Pavillion de la Reine at twice the cost and chose SDP based on Tripadvisor reviews, - very glad we did so. Service impeccable, from a very welcome cup of coffee at our 10 am arrival to being personally shown around our Opera themed room. Veronica took one look at the two of us (both over 6ft tall) and offered us the option of keeping the room immediately available or waiting until later in the day for one with a longer bath that seated two and providing luggage storage and shower facilities in the meantime. Everything brand new, themed rooms excellently done. Best use is made of limited space available - 19msquare but we were just fine. The "Infinity" lift is a unique touch. 3 metro stations within 5 minutes walk. A brilliant night's sleep, and yes the bigger bath was worth the wait. Thanks to Adis and Veronica for making us so welcome - nice to see a team so invested in the success of a new hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicky_and_Ross
Reviewed 26 July 2010

Spent a long weekend here and and can't disagree with most of the reviews below. The rooms are on the small side but are done very nicely and the bathrooms are top spec. Nice little touches like water and juice in the mini bar, filling up the toiletries, lending me an adapter as I had forgotten mine etc. all contributed to a lovely stay. The location is a bit odd, however €7 taxi from Guard du Nord station, you can walk into the centre in about 15 minutes and is 5 min walk from the Moulin Rouge and a tube station. Rooms very quiet.

There is a lovely deli on Rue de Clichy for breakfast. One tip - don't order a taxi from reception as it is €13 before moving - there is a taxi rank 2 mins walk up the road!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple