“Friendly Owner and Good Food, Exceptional Value!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Tire Bouchon

Tire Bouchon
Ranked #11,983 of 16,854 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Neighbourhood: Quartier Latin
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Friendly Owner and Good Food, Exceptional Value!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Exception value, and good food for budget travelers. 6 of us browsed along rue de Descartes and decided to try this little restaurant. It is located a bit off the busiest section of the street. Early bird (before 8:30pm) 3 course dinner is 13 EURO or up. The owner treated us with shot glass size cocktails, and the kids with juice. Water is free. We ate at this restaurant twice during the 10 days in Paris. Highly recommend it! Can't believe I am the first one to provide review.
The only down side is, the space is a bit tight.
Metro: Place Monge / Cardinal Lemoine

• Visited June 2014

Cheshire
“Finally a French Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

So after Lebanese and Vietnamese (see other reviews) on the last night we ambled down Rue Descartes not sure where we would eat (no TA research for the last night) and on checking out TB the owner came out and explained his menu. He was very nice, not pushy and not offended when we wanted to walk on for a while.
His chat and the fact that the restaurant was nearly full helped make our decision, so we returned and were glad we did. It's a cosy place downstairs (later diners we taken upstairs), with old pictures and photos on all over the walls which did give it some character.
Anyway we had a E23 set menu, the food was excellent, my carpaccio starter was one of the best I've had and my wife's choice of steak (with Merchant sauce - a red wine sauce) was great. Washed down with a few beers and a red that was not silly money (E23 I think). I had a nice cheeseboard, my wife a chocolate desert that was very good.
Antoine is a nice chap and this is a great restaurant, it made for an enjoyable and relaxing end to our trip.

• Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Hospitality second to none - food ok...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

This is not the best restaurant in the area in terms of quality of food, but it makes up for it in quantity and hospitality. The owner was amazing, welcoming us from the moment we perused the menu from outside, and offered us free aperitifs.

Set menus at 17 and 23 euros offered reasonable choice, and our 23 euro choice had the usual suspects of duck, steak and traditional French cuisine. Nothing about the food was outstanding, but portions were large, and enjoyable. He even threw in a free bottle of beaujolais noveau for me. So go if you want large portions and to be treated like royalty, but to be honest, Le Volcan opposite serves the better food.

Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great value - the best service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

We agree with what reviewers are saying about the wonderful host and owner. He was very attentive and great character. I had the beef carpaccio for starter which was delicious and sopped up all of the olive oil on top with bread. Then the steak bavette for my main which was generous in portion and delicious and I ended with peach melba which was an absolute delight. My friend and I had 3 courses each with coffee and half bottle of wine and it was around €50, you don't need to pay ridiculous amounts to eat well here.

I would definitely recommend if you are in the area.

• Visited October 2013
Temple Hills, Maryland
“Delicious Meals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

On our first night in the Latin Quarter we were walking around looking for a restaurant for dinner. There were so many restaurants to choose from, but Antoine, who was at the front of his restaurant, was very welcoming, and we decided to try his restaurant. The food was very delicious, with very generous portions, and he was very attentive to us. He told us that the cook was from America; we met him and complimented him on his fine cooking. The inside seating is a bit snug, but charming nonetheless. We came here several times for dinner and enjoyed it every time. On our last night, he brought us two glasses of wine (we are not really wine drinkers, and so have never ordered any with our meals) and dessert (which we never ordered because the meals were so filing). I thought that was so very sweet of him. He has postcards from visitors posted around his restaurant. I sent him one and will look for it when we return in 2015.

• Visited December 2012