“Not to be missed”

Better Travel Photos
Ranked #83 of 541 Tours in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: From several hours to several days, Better Travel Photos (Paris) offers instructional photo tours and destination portrait sessions in Paris. During the tours our instructors and guides provide one-on-one tutoring tailored to the skill level of every participant, all while introducing the hidden and not so hidden gems of the City of Light. Try this fun and educational way to discover new places.
Ashburn, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Not to be missed”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This was a great experience. Catherine was an excellent teacher. She helped me to get a new perspective on taking pictures. I am now more focused on what I am photographing. I not only learned how to use my camera much better on it's manual setting, but I also learned to not go for the expected angle or shot. She gave me the best tips on how to take better photos. I absolutely loved the fact that Catherine took me to the best sight viewing places around Paris. I would highly recommended it.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank TripsTere
BTP_Sophie, Owner at Better Travel Photos, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments about your photo tour with Catherine. We are glad you enjoyed it, learned further how to use your camera and be creative with your photography. Continue to practice and share you photos with us.

McLean, Virginia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Elena and Le Marais... Lot's of Fun!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We spent an afternoon with Elena in the Le Marais district. This tour is as much about experiencing an area of Paris we would normally not visit as much as it is about taking better photos and operating your camera in manual function.

Elena was an exceptionally patient instructor who took the time to explain how to use the various cameras we brought to the tour. The neighborhood we visited unfolded like an onion. As we passed through doors that opened into courtyards that opened into parks we felt like treasures were behind every door provoking memorable photographs. We were so impressed with the neighborhood that we returned the next day with the rest of our family to show them our special corner of Paris!

Elena then took us on the Metro and returned us to our hotel at the top of the Champs Elysee. Our education on the Metro... from buying tickets to riding safely evoked memories and feelings of my youth when I traveled by subway in New York City the first time.

Thank you Elena! You were the best!

Visited June 2014
3 Thank ChristopherB783
BTP_Sophie, Owner at Better Travel Photos, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your time with Elena, learned about photography along her side and discovered a new area in Paris. It is great that you were able to return with your family later to show them your discoveries.
We hope to see you again in the future in Paris or maybe in London.
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I loved my morning class with Hermione. Her guidance resulted in significantly better photos and a better understanding of how to manipulate my camera to produce the results I wanted. I would highly recommend Better Travel Photos to anyone. And I had fun!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Madelyn A
BTP_Sophie, Owner at Better Travel Photos, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments about your time with Hermione. We are glad to know you learned along her side and had fun capturing the photos you were looking for. Continue to practice and we hope to see you again in the future.
Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Learning and Fun”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I booked a morning shoot for my son and me, mostly for my son to learn how a photographer thinks when shooting photos to tell a (travel) story with images. I sent an email explaining my desires and received back recommendations and was connected with photographer Elena. It was immediately obvious that Elena had read my email and remembered its contents as she arrived very well prepared and eager to help. Her kindness, patience, and creativity with Le Marais backdrop made for a fun time of learning and creating beautiful images.

I began this "workshop" hoping to learn just one new thing to improve my photography to justify the price. I learned more than that and have added at least 3 new techniques/approaches to my repertoire. My experience with Better Travel Photos and Elena was terrific. Thank you!

Visited June 2014
3 Thank havnfun2x
BTP_London, Owner at Better Travel Photos, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments and we are happy to know you and your son enjoyed the photo tour with Elena. We hope you continue to use and practice the points you learned from her. Happy photography!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Tres bien”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Nice tour. Interesting things to be known. Liked the tour very muvj. Had a great time. Would advice it to everybody.

Thank you for your comments. We are glad you enjoyed the photo tour and hope you continue to practice what you leaned during the activity.