“So friendly so delicious ”
Review of Pouic-Pouic - CLOSED

Pouic-Pouic
Price range: US$34 - US$56
Cuisines: French, European, Gastropub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Description: Discover Pouic Pouic, a brand new restaurant in the heart of Saint-Germain-des-Pres, its surprising and delicious cuisine, cooked to perfection, made exclusively with fresh seasonal products. Take a look at its beautiful wine list where some of the best vintages are listed beside excellent small producers wines.
“So friendly so delicious ”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

We arrived at 9:30pm on a rainy Tuesday in August. We didn't have a reservation and the waitress wasn't sure if she could seat us. She asked the owner (I assume he was) and he graciously gave us a warm table inside. We started with the shrimp tartar, my favorite item, followed by the pork belly and fish. Both were good but not as great as the tartar. Originally we wanted to get into le comptoir but the line was too long and this place was very close by. We're glad we ventured over here. Highly recommended. If you find yourself in the area do yourself a favor and drop in for a meal.

“Emberrassing for the owner”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We were seated at the same time as 3 other couples. They were first to take our order before anyone else.
Since we were hungry, we skipped appetizers and ordered the beef straight away, for the two of us.
And the waiting begins. All 3 other couples have ordered, gotten their appetizer, eaten it before we even got our meal. That we ordered before anyone else. By this time i was pretty upset.
After 40 minutes we get the plates. My partners meal looks ok. We ordered the same meal but mine is the end-part of the beef. And a small one at that. It was like chewing rubber. I ordered medium done but it was welldone and not edible. Tasted disgusting.
How can the chef even prepare this? How can the waiter send it out to us? The two plates looked completely different.
So we (my partner) ate, paid, and went to leave when the owner apparently noticed that i was not happy with the visit and asked if i wanted a glass of champagne. Are you joking? I wanted a large steak to fill my tummy not a darned glass of champagne.
Will not be coming back and dont recommend anyone to go here. The owner, chef and waited should be ashamed. Paris has so many great restaurants and this is not one of them.

1 Thank Nin182
“Lovely french dinner”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We met up with some friends and had dinner at Pouic Pouic last night. After checking reviews on TA I was sure to make a reservation. The wait staff were extremely friendly and helpful when it came to meal and wine choices (our French is not so great). The wine was superb as was both the entree (we have the cannelloni), and the mains (sirloin and pork belly). However, it was the dessert which was the stand-out for me - a salted caramel mille feuille AMAZING! I would certainly go back to this restaurant if I was in Paris.

New Jersey
“Very Nice Restaurant - Lived Up To The Ratings”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Based on all the great reviews in TA, we decided to try this restaurant. We attempted to make a reservation by phone, but they said they were full. We decided to just walk there and take our chances. Timing was perfect I guess as they had 2 seats that they were able to put us in. Glad for that bit of luck, as we had a great dinner. Most memorable for me was the duck breast. Very meaty and plenty of it. I had a pate for appetizer and cheese for dessert. Wife had beef, which she loved. We also both had really nice wine that they suggested. Our bill came to about 80 Euro's, which is not bad for Saint Germain de Pres area; especially given the food quality. If you can get in, GO.

1 Thank nick a
Warren, New Jersey
“Best meal in Paris”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

If you have plans to visit Paris in the near future, do yourself a favor and book dinner at Pouic-Pouic. Our dinner was so good that my husband and I went there twice during out four night stay in Paris last week! The staff is friendly and extremely knowledgeable about wine, and the chef is phenomenal. Its location is ideal, and although it is a small menu, everything is delicious. Since we ate there twice, I tried something different each night and was not disappointed. Also, for the dessert, the Mille Feuille is lights out delicious. My husband and I try to go to Paris once a year, and I cannot wait to get back to Pouic-Pouic on our next trip!

1 Thank tinasestokas