“Good food”

Neighbourhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
Norway
“Good food”
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Easy to drop in without reservation, tasteful food from a limited menu at an acceptable price.

• Visited June 2012

Houston, Texas
“Our best dinner in Paris”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Our concierge at Hotel Castille recommended this restaurant for our last evening in Paris. It was literally around the corner from our hotel. The ground level floor looks like a wine shop, the restaurant is up a spiral staircase.The staff was incredibly friendly and the owner actually waited on our table. We started with a great white wine blend (I already forgot the name). For appetizers we had foie gras and tuna carpaccio, both were excellent. For the main course my wife had the squid, it was the best (non fried) squid I can recall having, tender and flavorful. I ordered the steak (1/2 kilo, I believe), which I would call "Texas sized". It was delicious and came with potatoes and salad. For dessert, we were recommended the chocolate souffle and the tiramisu. Again both dishes were excellent. The tiramisu had a top layer of pistachio creme/pudding that made it exceptionally good. My wife and I both agreed that this was the most flavorful meal of our trip. If we lived in Paris, we would be regulars here!

• Visited May 2012
Palo Alto, California
“Great find---”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

The concierge at the Ritz recommended the restaurant to us, and it is just a short walk from the hotel in a charming neighborhood.

The restaurant is tiny, and consists of several rooms. One of the rooms was too bright for our little romantic dinner so we chose to sit in the bar area, and as a result had great service. The staff speaks English well and was very warm.

The food was AMAZING. The wine list was also remarkabe for a restaurant of this size, but given the name not quite as amazing as the food. I had a rack or pork that was the best I've had in my life. Great meat perfectly prepared. My date had cod--- it cam a little too uncooked for her and the staff immediately and cheerfully replaced the dish with one that was to her liking. Again, the meat was super quality.

• Visited April 2012
Moscow
“Short but very tasty menu. Nice personnel”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Some minor issues like forgot to cook veal medium rare as requested and did it standard way... but general experience is - really tasty, friendly and quite quick. Would really recommend this restaurant if you are looking for a bistrot

• Visited March 2012
Acsot
“over priced for average food.”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Had the mushroom soup which was ok then we had the duck which was almost impossible to eat because it was so tough... don't waste your money!

• Visited February 2012