“Big price for small room”
Review of Pink Hotel

Pink Hotel
Ranked #986 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Melbourne, Australia
“Big price for small room”
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Paris hotel rooms are often small and expensive, but I still feel this wasn't good value. We have been travelling Europe for over two months and have plenty to compare it with. It is a long walk from Gare de Lyon. At Reception, they tried to charge me the full price, although we had organised another price on Venere.com - and it wasn't until I produced the details that they altered the charge. The wi fi was a bit slow. The air conditioner buzzed loudly at frequent intervals during the night. The shower screen stuck. There is no room for a chair in the room. There is a lift. We paid €8 each for a French breakfast ....

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rarisang

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Slovak first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Transport links are excellent. The room is nothing special probably a little on the small side. Staff very nice and helpful

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Bury, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I visited Paris recently for the first time and stayed in this little hotel. Firstly, don't let the website fool you! It's a lot smaller and less "boutique" than it would have you believe. However, that being said, it's good for somewhere to rest your head and the transport links are second to none as there is a Metro stop a couple of minutes down the road. Nice and clean but as I said, it's a teeny room, not what I expected at all.

I didn't have breakfast after seeing the poky little breakfast area - it wasn't really that appealing to me so decided to opt out. The surrounding area isn't really that great for food but I did go on a weekday so maybe that's why.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Moscow
Reviewed 1 October 2011

Stayed in the hotel 19-21 September 2011. The room was booked for 3 nights but I checked out 1 day earlier. Booking conditions presumed the charge for 1 night if the reservation was cancelled less than 2 days prior to check-in or in case of non-appearance. I did not cancel the reservation and appeared. However, the Hotel treated the conditions in their favor not listening to my arguments. I paid for 2 nights and then left. In several hours they charged my card for additional night without my authorization fraudently using my card data. HOWEVER, AT THE SAME TIME THE SAME AMOUNT HAS BEEN CHARGED FROM THE OTHER CARD THE DETAILS OF WHICH HAVE BEEN LEFT ON THE WEB-SITE WHEN BOOKING. SO THE SAME FINE HAS BEEN CHARGED TWICE. Try to question this transaction but no reaction from the hotel so far.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Natalia N
Leiden, The Netherlands
Reviewed 16 September 2011

The rooms are quite small and clean but one doesn't feel suffocated because of the large windows. The back rooms are quiet, IF no problem arises. In my case, unfortunately, the air conditioner was broken and produced an awful sudden noise (even if turned off) which woke me up in the middle of the night. The hotel has NO internal phone, so one needs to get dressed and get downstairs to talk to the receptionist, who told me that nothing could be done and they would check the following day. Which was not the case. So the crazy machine woke me up again, until, on the 4th and last night (!) they decided that they could move me to another room.
Even if next to two metro stations, the lines are not very convenient to get to the city centre, so one needs to take at least 2 metro rides or a metro+train ride to get somewhere near the centre.

Room Tip: The back rooms are quiet
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ellula
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 2 September 2011

The hotel is between 2 metro station. It tools about 10min by metro to reach city center. Every saturday there's farmers' market and flea market on sunday nearby the hotel. It's fun to stay here, especially in weekend everything is closed in Paris.. There are cafes and supermarket nearby as well..

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ErnestKusuma
Sydney
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Apart from a bad experience in San Fran a few years ago, this is by far the worst property I have ever stayed at. Sure, I didn't expect 5 star luxury when I got there, but I also didn't expect what I found. Tiny tiny tiny rooms, nothing warm or inviting about them. A toilet that is right behind the door that it is a hassle to get in and out, a shower door that gets stuck, water that takes a long time to warm up, the skirting around the bed literally stapled down that when I tried to tuck in the sheets I pricked my finger with the staple and very bad sound proofing. You can hear everything happening elsewhere in the hotel - bad sound proofing and everything echoes. Only 1 tv channel in English, from memory. I may be wrong with that one though. The worst thing of all was the very rude man down on reception. We dreaded having to deal with him and when we left and returned during the day we hoped that he was not on shift at the time. The breakfast was short of pathetic. A very very very small space with 2 tables shoved to the side of the reception desk with some horrible tasting yoghurt, cheap fruit salad all watery out of the can and a roll or two. My husband said he didn't want coffee and then the guy poured it anyway. My husband left it as he doesn't drink coffee and then the guy complained that it was not drunk and therefore wasteful. We actually checked out ahead of time and moved to a different hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple