“A Parisian home away from home!”

Bed & Breakfast Bouchardon
Ranked #13 of 137 Paris B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My husband and I were absolutely BLOWN away by our entire experience at BBB! Our first trip to Paris was made extraordinary our hosts kindness, sincerity, and generosity.

Booking was so easy between Josepf and I. We were able to email our correspondence and ironed out all the details before we arrived. I especially liked the map and directions he provided from the airport to the BBB... Very helpful! Saved us loads of time to our awaiting coffee and snacks with our hosts! A quick evelvator ride up and we were home!

The location is ideal, being smack in the middle of a typical Parisian neighborhood. The proximity to three convenient metro stops was so nice! We mostly used the Strausbourg-Saint Denis stop since it was the closest.

Every presentation of drinks, snacks, breakfasts, or train picnics was literally a WORK OF ART that was almost, almost too pretty to eat. Our hosts asked at what time we would care to take breakfast and then we would spend an hour or two WITH THEM discussing not only tips for Paris, but our lives! They both seemed genuinely interested in getting to know us and even shared their own fascinating journeys.

The room was perfect in every way! Having been to Europe before, we know the scale of things is not "Texas sized", but the arrangement of the furniture, wardrobe, and private bathroom made the room easily flow. The bed is heavenly! The mattress and linens are exceptional!

We have traveled a great deal and always try to stay in a bed and breakfast. I assure you, this was the best experience we have EVER had! I honestly cannot think of one negative thing to say. When we do return to Paris, there would be no other choice than Bed and Breakfast Bouchardon!!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank hebert4806
There are newer reviews for Bed & Breakfast Bouchardon

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We had a splendid stay at B&B Bouchardon in the first week of March! We felt very welcome because of the two perfect hosts. And the impressive and carefully prepared breakfast in itself already deserves 5 stars! Jozsef gave us some very useful tips for restaurants and parcs. The location is not a touristic one (we liked it!), though on a convenient walking distance from for example le Centre Pompidou.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank elizabennet79
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Having read the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor we decided to book the BBB for a long weekend visit to Paris. We have just returned from a four night stay at the BBB and would highly recommend it.

The hosts, Frédéric and Jozsef, are very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about Paris. We can’t praise them enough as they both take a genuine interest in their guests and made every effort to ensure our visit to Paris was memorable. As our French is not very good, we were relieved that they also both spoke very good English.

The apartment and room is spotless and is equipped with all the necessities, including hair dryer, clock, IPod, kettle with coffee, a variety of teas, chocolates, sweets and bottled water. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and the room quiet, despite the apartment’s city location.

We were invited to a complimentary drink on arrival, which was most appreciated and the breakfasts really are truly amazing! The BBBs breakfasts take the ‘breaking’ of the night ‘fast’ to a completely new level! Each day they were different, not only in terms of the selection of foods offered, but in their presentation, which was a work of art and we always looked forward to them with great anticipation and we were not disappointed! Frédéric always took great pride in explaining the treats on offer and on Sunday Jozsef made sure our eggs were cooked to our individual preferences!

The BBB is very easy to reach by foot from Paris Nord station. It is also a short walk to the metro station Strasbourg Saint-Denis, which makes it an ideal location for sight-seeing. However, it is also well placed to allow you to explore the less touristy areas of Paris and the selection of excellent local restaurants to choose from within walking distance from BBB. We will most certainly stay there again the next time we visit Paris.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carolyn T
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I will never stay anywhere else in Paris again. I was initially looking for a hotel for a five-day trip with my boyfriend, but after reading the enthusiastic reviews on Trip Advisor for the Bed & Breakfast Bouchardon, I decided to try it. We were thrilled!--with the hosts, the room, the location, and the breakfasts. Jozsef and Frédéric are two of the most interesting and warm people I've ever met, and they made us feel so welcome from the second we arrived. It was such a different experience from staying in an impersonal hotel, and for the price you could not get anything in a hotel half so lovely. The room is small by American standards, like most European guest rooms, but the view is quintessentially Parisian (charming rooftops that look like the set of La Bohème), and the room is very quiet, clean, and pretty. The location is fantastic, too: just north of the Marais without the Marais prices and noise. Other guests have commented on the breakfasts, which are as breathtakingly beautiful and delicious as everyone else has said. We loved talking with Jozsef and Frédéric over breakfast, and we were amazed to find ourselves missing them when we left Paris for Switzerland. We have been recommending this B&B to everyone we have met since our trip. Thank you, Jozsef and Frédéric!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank V J
Reviewed 30 January 2014

My first impression the first morning I woke up and looked out of the window of this fabulous location was "I must still be sleeping or I'm dreaming wide awake"
The entire stay was beyond my wildest expectations or imagination! They provided so much detail information about places to see, eat and get around that I felt like I was at home. The room and separate private bathroom were beautiful and clean. After all of my very enjoyable restful nights in the comfortable bed, I looked forward to the amazing breakfast prepared daily! I plan to return to Paris one day and of course stay at this Bed & Breakfast again. I highly recommend it to all and I can't imagine staying anywhere else in the future. Thank you Frederic and Jozsef for the amazing time at your B&B and of course...Rendez-vous la prochaine fois et vous remercier pour le séjour de rêve de vacances!!!
Russ

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank fRuss11
Reviewed 11 January 2014

It seems like a very long time ago that we had the pleasure of staying with Frederic and Jozeph at the wonderful Bed and breakfast Bouchardon. Although the room is small, the bed is very comfortable and the shower is a good size. The breakfasts were amazing and I can still see the wonderful array of fruit, croissants, yoghurt and the list goes on. Each day we hit the streets of Paris with a delightfully full stomach and a plan. The "plan" was the Red Book and the advice, both provided by Jozef. We never got lost and found that knowing where we were going made Paris "easy" for first time visitors. The kindness displayed by both Frederic and Jozef was appreciated and, of our 10 weeks in France, (staying in b&bs mostly) this was in the top 3 and such good value For accommodation in Paris. Location wise this b&b would be hard to beat, central to everything, yet, when we returned to the b&b, we were able to relax. Thank you so much Jozef and Frederic. We will never forget your kindness.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nellanna
Reviewed 5 December 2013

The B&B was lovely and the hosts were great. The room, including the bath was spotless and every detail was thought of. The location was also great. We really felt at home in this lovely flat and looked forward to the breakfasts every morning. Each day was a different work of art with fruit. I can't imagine where they got such great fruit in Paris in November. Marvelous!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple