“Great little hotel, very reasonable price, walking distance from all the attractions.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Villa Brunel

Villa Brunel
Ranked #798 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

Stayed at the Villa Brunel with my girlfriend for 5 nights in June 2012.

The hotel was a great little private hotel with great staff and a great central location.

The room we stayed in, 44, was small but perfect for what we needed as we were not planning on being in the room long.

It cost 45 euros for us to get a taxi from CDG Airport as we were a late flight, but this caused no issues for us when we arrived, the check in was swift.

The Air Frace coach from CDG airport is the cheaper option for 2 people at 17 euros each and it takes you directly to the shopping centre across the road from the hotel.

All the main attractions are within walking distance from the hotel, the Arc de Triumphe a 20 min walk and about a 40 min walk to the Eiffel Tower.

We took part in the 'Fat Tyre Bike Tour' which I will write a review about later, this tour leaves from the south leg of the Eiffel Tower and costs 30 euros for the tour. In groups of around 20 you travel around most of the main attractions around Paris with your guide and stop off for lunch on the day tour, or a ice cream and then a river cruise and wine on the night tour. ( look uo Fat Tyre Bike Tour, Paris on google).

Room Tip: Room 44 was small but perfect for what we needed, larger rooms are available but may be at a more ex...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Paris
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

we were very comfortable during our stay in villa brunel. Although rooms were a little small, they were recently renovated, modern and clean. i will definitley consider villa brunel when i travel paris in the future.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank doctor from tur... Y
Israel
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

Rooms are nice, tastefully furnished, good bathroom (no bathtub). Good location, near Arc de Triomphe/Champs Elysees and Palais du Congres. Many close-by stores, restaurants and cafes (also kosher).
No good facilities for working in the room, tiny desk, no proper desk chair (only a low stool). When I asked for a chair with a back, I was told there were none available.
Rooms smelled strongly of cigarette smoke when I came, night concierge flatly denied it. When I woke up the next morning and confirmed that the smell was there and still going strong, the concierge came with a deodorant spray, and offered to change to another room the next morning (by which I was already unpacked and unwilling to move).
When I checked out, there was an E$30 charge for bedspread cleaning. Upon checking, I was told there was a stain of banana mashed into the bedspread. When I asked why wasn't I informed whenever that happened (three days ago by their account) so I could have had a chance to contest the charge, they told me they didn't have to, that it is perfectly legitimate to let me know only three days later at check out, and if I didn't like the service next time I should stay in another hotel. All this in a rude and arrogant tone of voice. Needless to say that's what I will do.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Canterbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

This trip was part business part pleasure and the hotel was selected by the company (they paid one night we paid the other). The location suited us - we are good walkers and walked to the Eiffel Tower, yet returning late at night we were pleased it was close to several Metro stations. The breakfast although expensive offered more choice than others I have experienced in France. The bed in the Executive room ( if they have special deals or a more spacious room is required - this is the best) was exceptionally comfortable. I agree with the reviewer that no plug in the washbasin is not good. I would suggest that light sleepers take earplugs because although this is in a very quiet area the poor soundproofing on the windows mean that the loud buzzing of motorbikes can clearly be heard. In general the staff were very friendly and helpful and put our suitcase in a locked, secure room on the day we vacated the hotel so we could pick it up later. A useful tip is if you have already purchased your Metro tickets walk down Rue Brunel and take the unmarked steps down underground in the small green area in the centre of Bd Pereire - this takes you to the RER station where you can continue underground to the Metro (good in bad weather).

Room Tip: Look on the website www.villabrunel.com because they clearly label the size of each different type o...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Englishtravelfanatic
Miami, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

Last week, my husband and I went to Paris for the first time to celebrate New Year's. After researching many hotels, we decided to choose Villa Brunel based on other people's reviews and pictures. We are so happy we chose this hotel because it definitely fulfilled our expectations. It's a beautiful "boutique hotel". The room was very comfortable and a good size for me and my husband. The location of this hotel couldn't be better...it's a few minutes away (walking distance) from the Arc de Triomphe and Champs Elysees. The guys at the concierge/front desk are great! They all are very nice, speak English and helped us with everything we needed. Renaud was very patient and took extra time to explain to us how to take the metro, plus made our reservation to the Lido show as well. So, he went above and beyond his work duties.
I am definitely staying in this hotel again!!!

Room Tip: Always choose a superior room instead of a standard room. It's more spacious.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank radiogirl17
Woking, Surrey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

Villa Brunel is very well placed if you are attending an event at the Palais de Congres in Paris as it is only about 200m away. The rooms are generally small, but air conditioned and well appointed and the hotel boasts free WiFi. My only gripe was with the stylish wash-hand basin in the bathroom which has no plug and no way to stop the water running away, which seems very anti-Green in this day and age. However, it was made up for by a double-sized shower. Very good breakfast offering at €12 per person.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business