“great homemade burgers and"Pomme Frits"”
Review of Le Zinc

Le Zinc
Ranked #4,151 of 17,628 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Great service,reasonable prices and arguably the best chips you'll ever taste!!Go right inside to avoid the nicotine fiends on entrance!!

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Lunch at ZINC today was fabulous! Took along walk from hotel to Eiffel Tower, checked out a few menus at cafes nearby. Dining alone today since friends arrive tonight. I was NOT going to waste a beautiful day in Paris. Love the cafes! This place was full, lively and had a few good options on the menu. Friendly staff, no wait for table, minimal wait for food to arrive. I chose the ESCARGOT as I always try to eat as many as I can before I leave Paris.... never had better escargot anywhere, definitely not in USA. Also had the Steak with fries. Amazing!!! Large escargot, full of flavor, best I've ever had. Steak was cooked perfectly, very juicy, good flavor and fries were wonderful. Truly enjoyed lunch there, may have to go back before I leave. DEFINITELY would go back when in Paris. Can't complain about cozy seating, that's every café in Paris!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

We go to Le Zinc everytime we are in Paris and we are never disappointed. It is always busy with a great noisy and loud vibe, indoors and out with an eclectic crowd. Although we have reviewed it before and made some claims about the beef tartare, it still has not been beat by any other bistro in Paris on a taste/price basis. Unfortunately, the salmon tartare was not available as it is only on the summer menu. The "salmon brick" was very good as an alternative as the salmon is baked in a phyllo which keeps all the juices in. Fries are always amazing. Staff were excellent as always. If you are visiting Les Invalides, Ecole Militaire or even the Eiffel Tower, Le Zinc is not that far away (the 6 and 8 subway lines are also right there), it is a must stop (and good bakeries surround it too!!!)

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We chose le Zinc from around ten other restaurants near our hotel because it was nearly full, always a good sign, and because my wife liked the menu when we had passed by earlier. This was our first experience eating a real meal in Paris, but although we have no Parisienne experience to compare, having dined around the world we know quality value and good food, and le Zinc delivered on all accounts.
We started with onion soup, naturally. Large servings in deep bowls with "lids" of bread and melted cheese. Fantastic! I had to have the boeuf borguinion with tagliatelle. The chunks were tender and had the rich flavour you'd expect. My wife enjoyed her goats cheese and spinach lasagne, which was creamy and rich. Two glasses of Bordeaux and who could ask for more?
And to all those who say that eating out is so expensive in Paris, the bill was comparable to a meal in a similar style restaurant in Melbourne. The service was really professional, too. None of the American "Hi, my name is whatever and I'll be taking care of you tonight".
If there weren't so many other places nearby we would definitely go back. In fact, we still might!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We dropped into this charming bistro french venue and were pleased with service, food and atmosphere. I would describe it as typical French Bistro/restaurant and had a good range of menu choices which seemed to cater for those wanting something French as well as a less adventurous palate, but all really nice all the same.
Waiter was attentive without being to intrusive and was available to serve when needed. just the right balance. thanks for a nice evening.