“Very average, but close”
Review of Bistrot Amelot

Bistrot Amelot
Ranked #12,509 of 16,978 Restaurants in Paris
Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Neighbourhood: Bastille / Oberkampf
NY, NY
“Very average, but close”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

A mix of tourists and locals. You can do a lot better by walking several blocks closer to the Marais and by doing some research. If you can't walk any farther from the hotel (Les Jardins...) the try this. You won't be wowed.

Visited May 2013

• Hebrew first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Awful”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

For convenience as I was staying in the hotel next door I choose this restaurant for dinner. The main meal was OK and the starter of pate delicious. I made the cardinal sin, having finished work late the next day I returned only to have what is without doubt the worst beef steak ever in my life. Having spent the past 30 years traveling the world in places that tourists do not go to that is a very telling statement..

I ordered an entrecote steak cooked medium, this came with a salad garnish and sliced fried potatoes. I had 2 bites of the steak and spat them both out. The first was grissle and the second grissle and bone. Seriously it was rank! Overcooked and I cannot guess what cut or age.

Nobody asked as to why I was not eating I called the waitress and asked her to remove my plate, told her my complaint and then asked for the bill. Quelle surprise the bill arrived complete with the charge for the steak. Finally she bought me a bill with the steak removed but a charge for the salad garnish I had eaten and some potatoes! The manager who by the way should have been in Faulty Towers totally ignored me and did not offer any words.

Would seriously recommend that you walk past this restaurant as it is overcharged and very ordinary.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank paul w
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great restaurant with great price/Otimo restaurante com otimos precos”
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Wonderful service, we ate there a few times and the staff was always generous, helpful and pleasant. The food was great and so the music selection/attraction.

Otimo servico, comemos la algumas vezes, nao pela conveniecia de ser ao lado do hotel, mas por ter um otimo atendimento, boa comida e boa musica. Nos sentimos super ben-vindos.

Visited November 2012
San Diego, California
“our lovely stop every morning”
Reviewed 10 September 2012

great baguette and coffee, nice service :) every morning or evening we stopped by here for a nice coffee or snack.

Visited August 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good service, very good food resonable prices”
Reviewed 19 July 2012 via mobile

We were there twice; The waitress was very kind. The place looks good and a little bit too fancy for such bistrot.
Dishes:
Hamburger + potatoes: great success.
Code fish + antipasti: great success.
Code fish + mashed potatoes: very good.
Steak + f. fries: average.
Caprese: good.