“Clean, good budget hotel”
Review of 121 Hotel Paris

121 Hotel Paris
Ranked #1,566 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
north devon
“Clean, good budget hotel”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We checked into hotel 121 with an open mind, We found it to be perfect for our needs, room was small and very clean as was the bathroom with a nice shower. Breakfast was basic and adequate, public areas were keep clean and well presented. The staff were very friendly and helpful. For the price we paid we have no complaints at all. Would have liked a kettle in the room though. Very close to Brochant Metro which is handy.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank NorthDevonHenry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I went in October 2012. Unfortunately for me it was Paris Fashion week or something like that so lots of the hotels were all booked up according to my travel agent. So I went for this one. Paying £80 a night for 6 nights is definetly not worth it!

I am a French native and felt very insulted that when greeted by the receptionist, she spoke to me in English, especially when I would respond in my first tongue: FRENCH! So already I am being judged and I havent even stepped into my room yet!

When I gave her my details, she told me that she had no records of me having a reservation there. I was very fustrated and quite flustered after carrying my suitcases up that long road! After 10 mins of her going back and forth, she realised that she was supposed to be checking me in for the hotel next door; 121 and not the Majestic. However, my room "wasn't ready" so I had to wait in the lobby for what she said might be 2 hours! The moment I sat down she said my room was ready, as if to annoy me off. She had no phonecall or maid that told her it was so I am assuming she was messing with me.

So I enter the 121 hotel next door to find the lift out of service. There was no sign that it was out of service... the doors just never opened. And just my luck, my room was on the very top floor. I made 2 trips up and down to bring my suitcases up. When i opened my room, I saw to my surprise that the door opposite that joins my room to another room was wide open with a couple doing "bed business". Welcome to Paris! Why they never closed the door is beyond me but I had to get my sheets changed just incase they had done it on my bed too.

So once I sit down disgruntled on the very low bed, I notice on the wall that wallpaper has been shredded! Honestly what kind of hotel was this!? The only thing goood about the hotel was the bathroom. Clean Towels changed everyday and was spotless.

Other then that, the room in my opinion was quite filthy. A ridiculous amount of dust underneath the bed and inside the cupboards. NO working internet, which I needed so I had to pay for the use of a public wifi connection. All the plugs are also in a ridiculous place so unless you dont intend on watching TV or have a very long extension lead, you will either be standing by the door or the edge of your bed for your phone lead to reach you.

And then there was the fridge in the room... I think I pretty much know what the smell of a decomposed cow smells like.

I am stopping the review here because the thought of thinking how much I have been ripped off by is getting me very angry. And I have only described the first hour of me being there!

Please, to everyone looking at this hotel. Do not do this to yourself! I guess its ironic that the tube station is 30 secs away if you wanted to make a quick getaway!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Clayé G

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

Vigo
Reviewed 19 September 2012

I stayed in this Hotel on a business trip to Paris, last August. One night, late check-out and early check-in.

I chose this Hotel because it was very cheap (compared to available nearby hotels) and very well located for my meeting. Based on previous reviews, my expectations were already low.

I checked-in on the Hotel next door, since reception is closed during the night. Check-in (and check-out) was remarkably fast and efficient.

The room was unexpectedly large (for a budget Hotel in Paris) and reasonably clean (floor, bathroom, linen...). The furniture was old but acceptable, except for one of the two mattresses, which was in very bad shape). Walls look run-down, due to their age and usage (a few stains in the wall paper). The same applies to the bathroom gear and window curtains.

Wireless internet was not working (not even at the adjacent Hotel where I checked-in). Some noise from the street (acceptable, though) but no noise from other rooms. Only a handful of non-french TV channels.

I did not try the Hotel breakfast, but there is a nice "boulangerie" just in front which I strongly recommend.

The Brochant Metro Station is only a few meters away, which is very convenient.

For me the Hotel worked fine, since I only needed a cheap place to sleep for a few hours. On the positive side I had convenient location, reasonable cleanliness and efficient check-in/out. On the bad side there are several signs of bad maintenance (wallpaper, some bathroom equipment, 1 of the mattresses, non working internet), some noise from the street and a mild "low cost/run down" ambiance that is bearable but might affect your stay (your mileage may vary, though).

In order to provide a comparison point, I would say this Hotel is some notches bellow IBIS, concerning service, maintenance and looks. Room size was average to good, for a Paris Hotel. Maintenance was lacking. Price and location were good.

I rated the Hotel as "average" based on location the low price I payed, but this is more a 2-star Hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Danbury, CT
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We stayed as part of a tour group and had a fair experience. As an adult, I would rate it okay... Room was clean and fresh linens every day. Shower was "interesting" to try and get it to work properly.. After 4 days, we had it mastered!!! HOWEVER, in order to get any internet we had to go to the hotel next door ( they share desk and hotel workers) and it was very spotty and slow. Only got it in evening so you could never talk to US in the AM..Only was able to get through once during the week!!! You have to stand on your head to make it work!!!! Staff was nice and the continental breakfast was decent... Great access to Metro so that helped. the restaurant next door was good for pizza but nothing else.. Try the cafes on the next street---they were amazing...

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank CTmomDanbury_CT
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I am used to reading reviews before booking, but the reviews I read, were not so encouraging. Anyway, I took the risk cuz most of the hotels I found were more expensive & this one wasn't too far from the city center. But honestly, I didn't like it at all & would never recommend it to anyone. The rooms are so small, & bed sheets & towels not very clean, breakfast was ok. The area around this hotel was a little scary at night. The best two things in my opinion was the bakery infrom og the hotel & the the underground station was two minutes walk.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Rana A
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2012

This was a 1 night booking for 4 friends and myself , all done through my regular travel agent.
We arrived at reception to be told they had no booking for our party . We pushed the issue and they found a booking for 1 room and told me my friends must allready be booked in . I explained my friends were with me and was met with a blank look .
After being quite insistant we were given a room in the hotel next door .
Next the receptionist told us we had to pay again as they only took card details as security.I explained that we had allready paid the travel agent and he did not have my card details and there was no way we were parting with more cash , he just gave in and gave us keys .

on the upside the rooms were clean and tidy and this is good value and near to everything.
So unless like me you are traveling in a group of 5 large men be very carefull of this hotel.

Room Tip: book elswhere