“PARIS DAY TRIP”

and up
Paris Rail Day Trip from London
Ranked #341 of 563 Tours in Paris
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Looking forward to our Paris day trip on an EvanEvans escorted day trip. Went on Eurostar from London which was great until we arrived in Paris and ended up with a French idiot named Sammy and a Hopon Hopoff bus tour WHICH WE DID NOT WANT. We were toally ripped off with EvansEvans Tours - what we paid for (lots of money) and what we got toally different. Never again - in future we will do our own thing even if it takes a little longer. Don't trust these Companies anymore. Our guide was a complete joke and yes he kept nicking off and always talking on his mobile.

3  Thank Domenic L

Reviewed 14 July 2013

I had never been to Paris. Now I have and have lots of pictures to prove it.

That said, I can't give a glowing review for the escorted tour of Paris by E-E. It's a good way to do Paris in a day from London, but wasn't ideal, and wasn't exactly what was advertised.

As for the oft-mentioned Sammy the Tour Guide...I can understand why some give him bad reviews...he always seems rushed, flustered...he speaks in an accent and broken English...he isn't great with questions. I had no real issues with him and he sometimes fought off generic tourists so our group could stay together, but he isn't for everyone.

As for our day...yes, we saw the Arc de Triomphe but did not get off the bus there. We did get off at the Eiffel Tower, but Sammy quickly explained the line was too long to go up for lunch and views...so we ate at a nearby restaurant. It was very nice, but...

I see now the tour description says we'll go to the Louvre....no. But we visited the quite nice Musee D'Orsay (many works of art you'll recognize: Renoir, Degas, Monet, Gaugin, Van Gogh, etc.). And Notre Dame Cathedral. And the river cruise was nice...although an open-air boat would be better to see things, take pictures. (Try to sit on the left side against the rail for the best pictures).

At the end of the day we had about an hour on our own, dropped off at a major department store. I walked around and got something to drink on a very hot day.

If you are like me...in London, have never been to Paris, just want to see the major sites so you can say you have then never have to go back...this is a fine way to do it. But if you want to really see Paris and experience it, go for 2-3 days.

1  Thank nagled
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I've read the other reviews and low scores regarding this tour and can not relate it to your experience. We booked a day in Paris traveling by train from London on the Eurostar (awesome), and met Sammy at the end of the ramp. It was one of the better tours and tour guides we have ever experienced. Sammy explained everything, kept a look out for us and our safety, worked his rear off getting us into the Eiffel Tower (no waiting in line), Norte Dame (no waiting in line), the Louvre (no waiting in line) and the river cruise (ok, some line, but it was the boats fault, not his). The lines at the Eiffel tower were over 2 hours that day, Norte Dame was wrapped out to the street, and the Louvre was I don't know how long, we took a side entrance (same as Norte Dame).
We saw everything we could have wished in one day, Sammy the tour guide escorted us all the way inside the train station and bid us farewell. Very professional and we would go back to him again if we ever do another trip.

The only problems I noticed was when people on the bus were not listening, Getting off at the wrong stops or not being back at a location at the appointed time. This isn't the tour guides fault. Case in point. At one stop all of us with Sammy got off and another gentleman not on our tour got off also, leaving his wife and kids on the bus as it pulled away. I think he jumped off the get a picture. Anyway, he came running up to Sammy hysterical about his family. Sammy calmed him down, told us to wait just a minute, and Sammy goes running into traffic stopping another bus (same company), puts the man on it and tells the driver to radio ahead so the man can catch his wife and kids. Great performance taking care of people not even on his tour.

I'm sure some stuff must happen time to time that doesn't go well, but our day and guide was awesome and would do it again.

2  Thank lwapo
Reviewed 30 June 2013

6-28-2013- A Day In Paris. My husband and I booked a tour through via tour online as a day getaway from London while on vacation from Norther California. Sammy met us at the train station with a smile and set the mood for the day. I don't know what he did , whether made reservations in advance or just has a lot of friends :). We did not wait more than 5 minutes for anything, starting with the Eiffel Tower, Notre m,the Louvre, or the fabulous lunch we had. He made sure we saw everything in a timely manner, we saw so many more thing than just the few highlights above. He was courteous, knowledgeable, He even knows where all the great restrooms are that are clean and you dont have to wait for, he also kept us on time, he was worth his weight in gold. I don't know about the other tour guides but if you are going to take a day tour I suggest to call Evans and Evans and make sure you get Sammy as your tour guide.

2  Thank Tatiana H
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Only thing positive about this disastrous tour was the competence of our guide Maryann...she tried to make sense out of a nightmare...our group was TOTALLYmisinformed by the EE rep in London regarding conditions in Paris and as a result we saw nothing expected on the tour... in addition, many people were placed in a hazardous situation because EE was more concerned about making their money than the safety of the people ...this was a joke ... i will be requesting a refund of this overpriced disaster

2  Thank Sandra S