“Dire Food - Go Somewhere Else”
Review of Casanova Pizzeria Ristorante - CLOSED

Casanova Pizzeria Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A family run Italian Restaurant which prides itself on quality, service and authentic Italian flavours and dishes, we are approx 100m from Porte d'Orléans Metro station (on Line 4) in the 14th Arrondissement, we are also in sight of the Tramway station on line T3.We have strived to provide distinct areas within the restaurant depending if you want to watch the world go by in our terrace (and if the weather is kind we have outside seating too) or perhaps you would like a more intimate setting within the snug, wherever you choose we are sure you will have a fantastic meal.
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Yes the staff are friendly, but the food is dreadful. My husband's seafood pizza was swimming in liquid - a result of frozen seafood topping I suspect. My daughter's margherita pizza had a burnt base. Linguine frutti de mare - also made with frozen seafood. Desserts were just awful, bought in chocolate mousse, yuk. Average Italian wine list. Save your Euros, go somewhere else, really.

diablolod, Owner at Casanova Pizzeria Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Sorry the food was not to your liking , I can assure you the fish on the pizza and linguini is not frozen , sorry your fresh pizza base was burnt and I will post a picture soon as I get time showing the chef making FRESH home chocolate dessert ! Mind it will be difficult to convince experts like yourselves .
Hope you enjoyed your stay in Paris hope you come again maybe you can show our chef how to make desserts we are always willing to learn
Look forward to your next visit to Paris

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We ate at this restaurant on a trip to Paris recently. My friends meals were lovely but I had been looking forward to a nice creamy chicken tagliatelle dish, however the only chicken on the menu that I could see was escalope (which I thought would be breadcrumbed) which was just dry grilled chicken and some dry sliced fried potatoes. It wasn't especially Italian, but it was hot. What redeemed the restaurant for me was the decor and very friendly staff, and as I said, my friends meals were great, I just wouldn't recommend the pollo. The three cakes and a coffee which was on the dessert menu was quite a good size, although the coffee was very very strong, the limoncello icecream was lovely.

1  Thank kbabe31
Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

We were going for Chinese next door but being veggie I would have ended up with a bowl of rice so we went to Casanova instead. Best decision we could have made. Staff were friendly with a great sense of humour. Food was amazing - try the gnocchi. And the house red is also wonderful. Desserts were faultless and we are not a group who are easily pleased but would very much recommend anyone to eat here and we will go back if ever we are here again (or maybe tomorrow) :)

Reviewed 13 May 2013

Food was excellent service was very good very busy with both French customers and tourists as we stayed in the hotel nearby it was lovely to just walk a few minutes down the road

1  Thank Marta062
diablolod, Owner at Casanova Pizzeria Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

Thank you for you review, we are all pleased at Casanova that you enjoyed your meal
We hope you enjoyed your stay in Paris

Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

The starter was average but the main course was very good. Good and nice family restaurant with nice atmosphere. Wine was good not many but good Italian wines. We will visit again if possible.

1  Thank Allan J