“Good little find in the Marais”
Review of Equinox

Equinox
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Equinox is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,540 of 17,512 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Le Marais
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We were taken here by our daughter who's in Paris for a few months and has eaten here fairly often. The €15 set menu looked perfectly good but we pitched for the €22 one. A decent bottle of Loire Sauvignon (Touraine) was our choice of wine and we appreciated the well cooked food. The service was a little bit on the slow side but they were busy over the Christmas/New Year period (we were there on Sunday 29th when Paris was heaving). A mixture of Parisians & tourists, I'd be happy to return.

There are newer reviews for Equinox

Reviewed 15 December 2013

We had the 15 euro set dinner which was very good value in itself. The rabbit with mustard sauce and tagliatelle was good, but with all ham all bones still in the meat.

Issues start when we asked for the bill, which we had to do there times before getting it. The waiter subsequently threw a massive tirade of abuse at us as we were paying a bill of 51 euros with here 20 euro bills not having a spare one euro coin. He came it our table three times to complain how our oversight had forced his employee go out fetch change. He kept on pointing at us from behind the bar and complaining and calling us names to his staff. After 40 minutes from asking the bill, we got our change and left. Avoid.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Nice ambience In this candle lit dinner place.
The food is hit and miss. My boyfriend was happy with his, I would have fed mine to the cat.
I ordered tuna and having asked for it to be rare it came so done it was not good. Nothing else was particularly good.
Service is ok.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

This is such a good little restaurant in the Marais district, right in the middle of rue des Rosiers (a must see street in itself). It has inside seating, rather intimate and romantic, but it pays to get there fairly early, say about 8 o`clock, as it fills up quickly after 9.
If, as we were, you are getting sick of eateries that just seem to serve pizzas and bolognaise, the Equinox serves excellent French meals. I had the Canard Confit - duck confit - with camembert cheese and pastry...yum. For the entrée, we had the fois gras on slivers of toast.
The youngish owner/waiter (who looked more like a boxer than a restauranteur) was efficient but busy, and I could see how some may find him a bit offhand. On my second visit, there was also another young waiter to help out, again very efficient, and kept everybody happy with his good humour.
I can certainly recommend the Equinox for an excellent meal, and interesting `ambiance.`

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I had the petit camembert as an appetizer and the duck for my main coarse and both were absolutely delicious. My husband had the penne and loved that as well. We ordered a bottle of wine that was sold out the waiter suggested another wine that turned out to be even better! This restaurant is small and intimate and very romantic! However, the waiter was obnoxious and a bit rude and at the same time he was funny and delightful. You'll have to have dinner there to understand but I can guarantee the food will not disappoint you!