“once again”
Review of Chez Gabrielle

Chez Gabrielle
Reserve with
Chez Gabrielle is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #77 of 17,020 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Champs-Elysees
kinross
“once again”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We have been going here since Phillpe and Natille took over the restaurant which is at least 10 years they always remember our vsiits as they coinside with our mutal wedding aniversariesTheir food does not need us to tell about it just go it is well worth the visit. BUT BOOK AHEAD ITS SO POPULAR

Visited May 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
“Poor ”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Went here after TA REVIEWS I don't know what they were eating or whether the chef was of but when I entered the place the staff were quick to seat us course we had reserved a table. Once I sat down u knew I had made a mistake the ambience was plain the atmosphere non existent and the service poor . All the clientele were American, which is not a problem but in Paris if locals don't eat there it's not good the food was plain and tasteless. I had ordered a bottle of wine but had to ask again when the main arrived. My glass was also empty when the starter arrived as my aperitif had been finished. No conversation with staff and it's obvious that people who eat here only do so as they don't wish to eat with Parisians. Maybe I have been spoilt by Parisian cuisine and the French experience by eating out in two other restaurants of far superior standard and somewhat surprising lower rating. This place is lacking any of the ingredients for a French Resturant and by looking at the dress of some of the clients ( jeans & trainers) they haven't had a proper French dining experience or they would have known to make an effort

3 Thank Medic2663
Natphilgab, Propriétaire at Chez Gabrielle, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Madam and Sir,
My husband (the chef!) and I are sorry you had little enjoyed your dinner Chez Gabrielle.
Saw your comment nothing do agreed you!
I had still kept you our best table to celebrate your wedding anniversary! I was supposed to put a candel on your dessert but you have not taken any...
About "Americans"; this Saturday was a holiday weekend for the "French" and many of our Parisian customers were gone! However, be aware that we receive all our clients in the same way and their satisfaction is our engine.
And I can't let you think and say that our restaurant is a restaurant for "tourists" in the pejorative sense of the term.
It is true that there was a little delay on my part for your half bottle of wine but it seems to me that you do had not asked me it at the beginning; just 2 glasses of wine.
In conclusion I beleive that the previous opinions and our note on some sites you have can be left thinking that we were a different kind of restaurant!
Without being a gourmet restaurant we consider ourselves a family restaurant, simple and cooking fresh products.
You also should have seen a difference with the price of the food!!!
The service is smiling, available and effective.
But I seem remember that actually, upon your arrival, you were under bad conditions! A good time at the restaurant is an exchange and this saturday we could not exchange together...
We really hope that you enjoyed your wedding anniversary weekend in Paris and we will keep in memory delighted English couple celebrating their wedding anniversary every year Chez Gabrielle!
“Good but not as good as last time”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

One of my favorites on our last visit to Paris and I couldn't wait to go back. We ordered the fois gras on gingerbread, the scallops, the filet, a fish dish and each was good. The creamy sauce with the scallops seemed too rich this time. The parmesan cream on the filet, tasty, just a bit too much though. I ordered the peach in cognac with lemon creme brulee and this was super refreshing. Light, just right. We also ordered a chocolate cake, very good but somewhat ordinary. The truffles at the end did not disappoint! We enjoyed the evening and will return, but have more realistic memories next time.

Visited May 2014
Westlake Village, California
“Our favorite Parisian restaurant!”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My husband and I we're fortunate to call and reserve a table for two for the same day. The meal was exceptional. We ordered tuna & sea bass (we were tired of steak), red wine & dessert. Fabulous meal and we are definitely foodies! The two women that serve are extremely friendly & helpful. This is our favorite restaurant and we will return!

• Visited May 2014
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Year after year, again and again, it's always Chez Gabrielle"”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

As we were dining, they turned away multiple groups that wanted to dine without a reservation. The restaurant holds 30 seats, so be sure to call ahead.

This was our fifth time dining at Chez Gabrielle, travelling with our dear friends, Greg, Cathy, Rich and Jan. Jan, the one who referred us nearly 5 years ago, loved it as much this time as the first time. I love the location off the busy Walgrem Rue, on a narrow side street with no view at all - but who cares? The food is magnificent. The moment you walk in, you are greeted by the owner, Natalie, and her assistant, Sabrina. You can anticipate with confidence your Five-star French food experience, with fair prices, will be well worth your visit. All six of us loved our table, food choices, and dessert. The chocolate mousse balls, at the end of dinner service, are over the top and another reason why we keep coming back. We look forward to our next visit!

We love traveling, and this year we have visited New York, Chicago, Dallas, Texas, Las Vegas, Maui, and Playa del Carmen, Mexico. Each destination has great restaurant choices, and I qualify Chez Gabrielle as one of Paris’ finest.

• Visited April 2014