Art Hotel Batignolles
US$355
US$357
US$327
  • Room Service
Mercure Paris Bastille Marais(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$163
Mercure
US$243
US$210
  • Restaurant
Hotel Astoria - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$555
US$787
US$747
  • Restaurant
All reviewsles pucesde clichymetro stationbreakfast room in the basementnice hotelplenty of bars and restaurantsfree wifiminute walksafe neighborhoodmain sightscomfortable roomwould stay againpleasant stayhotel is situatedflat screen tvrecommend this hotelwithin walking distance
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The rooms were clean and modern. As my French is poor I was grateful that staff spoke good English.Close to metro stations and patisseries that serve inexpensive breakfast. The one negative aspect was that twice hotel cleaning staff walked into our room when we were asleep.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank pollypocket64
JohannaAmar, Responsable réception at Art Hotel Batignolles, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Customer,

First of all let me thank you for leaving us a nice comment. This is very helpful for us to improve our services so that we our clients have nice and pleasant stay among us.The objective of our team is to make the client feel at home as far as possible.

Concerning cleaning staff, we are very sorry that you were troubled twice and we will make sure that such things won't happen in future.

We hope to see you again at the hotel.

Best Regards

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed there one night during my business trip. Hotel is about 300 m far from metro station La Fourche. Rooms are good, clean with nice view. Moulin Rouge, Sacre Care is in walking distance - 10 minutes. I think, that the hotel is overpriced. If you want nice hotel, with good possibility of connection in good location - I can recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LeandKe
JohannaAmar, Responsable réception at Art Hotel Batignolles, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Clients,

We thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment.
My team and myself, we are very pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay at Art Hotel Batignolles and that you appreciated our services.

Thank you for having shared your experience.

Please do not hesitate to ask us for upper floors for next visit.

We hope to welcome you again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights on a recent visit in Paris. The hotel is clean with modern decor and all the amenities you would expect including a hairdryer, fridge with complimentary water and a safe. The hotel also provides free WIFI which is very fast (unlike some hotels I have experienced before). The TV only has BBC World so it would have been nice to have a few more English channels seeing as I was travelling alone.

The room was quite a nice size for Paris... not huge but not cramped. It also had AC which meant I could keep the window shut while sleeping (any city is noisy at night!). Having said that... the hotel was quiet at night. The lift is terribly slow!

The location is decent... A 5 minute walk to La Fourche station which will get you to all of the places you need to go. When coming from Gare De Nord... I got off at Place De Clichy and walked from there (I couldn't deal with too much changing lines with a suitcase).. The two stations are quite close to each other.

The area itself is a little run - down and not, in my opinion, the best that Paris has to offer. However... There are two restaurants next to the hotel that looked very nice (I tried one and the food was lovely).

Overall, a great stay and a bargain at the price... would definately recommend...!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank missbettyems
JohannaAmar, Responsable réception at Art Hotel Batignolles, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Betty,

First of all we thank you for leaving a nice comment and also for your recommendation.

It is good to know what we can do to improve our services to make the your stay as far as possible a pleasant one. We have noted down your point concerning the more english channels and we will try to add some more.

As far as the lift is concerned, we do agree that is a bit slow . This is because it is a hydraulic one and since our building is a classified one by the authority we did not have the option other than putting a hydraulic lift rather than not having on at all. But there is also a positive point, it does not make noise at all.

We are really thankful to you for recommending us.

We hope to see you again.

Best Regards

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I spent 5 nights at the art hotel. in feb 2014 as a lone visitor but been to paris on several previous ocassions
The hotel is not too far by tube from Gare du nord but involved a change and was a little tricky to navigate.Best to get a taxi if you have a lot of luggage.
However La Fourche is the nearest metro and it is just a 10 mins walk to the hotel.
the rooms are compact but clean and tidy and quite modern. there is a fridge and the tv had some english channels. There was no tea/coffee making facilites.
The downsides were that the first room i checked into was not properly cleaned in the bathroom. The receptionist was very helpful and apologetic and offered me a choice of available rooms. I chose one facing the street which was fine although the safe box didnt work and they called a locksmith to fix it.

This is paris and sometimes there we problems with the water system which lead to the water being switched off but this only happened once for 30 mins and I was notified in advance of this.
also the lift is small and it has narrow stair case leading up to each floor but this is typical of paris.
The bed was comfortable and I slept well and the shower and water pressure was fine.
I didnt try the breakfast , but the hotel is 5 mins from a main road which has plenty of bakeries, and cafes and mcdonalds if you prefer.
There are restaurants next door and across the road. I tried Le puce which was ok but nothing special. If you walk down the rue legendre away from the main road and past the HSBC bank you will find a range of bars and restaurants inc chinese,indian,japonese foods.
The best restaurant i tried was Coome Chez Maman a small traditional french resutaurant about 10 mins walk form the hotel with really good food. best to book in advance as it gets packed in the evening.
The hotel is not located in the centre of paris's attractions but it is close to the metro and you can get to most sites within 30 mins by metro.
I walked from the hotel to the sacre coeur cathedral, its about a 30 - 40 min walk depending but was a nice stroll.
Overall an enjoyable stay and yes i would stay at this or another Art hotel in future.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel for the Paris marathon weekend, based on previous reviews, its price and its location to the start line. The hotel itself is well-maintained and attractively designed: we had a corner room on the third floor and it was extremely comfortable. The staff were also very friendly, with the woman who checked us in on the Friday particularly helpful with directions.

We knew nothing about the area before arriving but it's also good. The bar/restaurants directly underneath and opposite are highly recommended, the hotel is close to good transport links and the area felt reasonably safe.

The only comment would be the noise: our room, on the third floor at the corner, overlooked the bars/restaurants I mentioned, which operated until 2am on Friday and Saturday nights. I used earplugs and slept through it but, if staying, you might want to ask for an upper floor or a rear-facing room.

I'd stay again - it was really very good.

PS: An Art Hotel should maybe have some art on the walls!

Room Tip: Go for an upper floor - and at the back if you're concerned about the noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 12,358,174,207,414

Dear Clients,

We thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment.
My team and myself, we are very pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay at Art Hotel Batignolles.

Please do not hesitate to ask us for a higher room for your next visit.

Thank you for having shared your experience.

We hope to welcome you again.

Best regards,