“beatiful”

Ranked #1 of 1,181 things to do in Paris
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This beautiful museum, once a railroad station, now houses a staggering collection of Impressionist art, as well as other items created between 1848 and 1914. In 2011, the museum is running a renovation of the top floor (impressionist gallery). Only ground and medium floor are accessible. The top floor will re-open on the 20th of October. Meanwhile, some impressionist masterpieces are not visible.
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This is a beatiful museum, one of my favorite. I went there three weeks ago, it was the afternoon when I got there and there were lots of people. I had the Paris museum pass so I didn't have to queue to buy a ticket. There is so much to see inside, the collection is really fantastic and I spend at least three hours there, my legs were so tired from walking and stading for so long but there are sitting areas and a restaurant inside where one can take breaks. This is a smaller museum comparing to the Louvre so I could see everything in one visit, I wanted to come back though to look at some beautiful paitings again (Monet, mostly) but I runned out of time in Paris. May be in my next visit.

1  Thank Lourdes3300
There are newer reviews for Musee d'Orsay

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Large collection of impressionist paintings. Many, I didn't know existed. We went here over the Louvre, as we'd rather look at art than stand in a line for hours.

1  Thank nick a
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This art museum is placed in a former train station. The building and its environments are really nice, for me much more interesting than the art itself.

Long queues can be expected outside the museum. If you have a prepaid ticket or a museum pass you are allowed fast track to another security check point and you get in in about five minutes.

The museums facilities are quite modern, there are escalators and elevators to bring those with strollers or wheelchairs around the building. Rest rooms are also modern, but not nearly cleaned enough as needed during peak times.

The art collection is vast and you may need a couple of hours to see everything. Some rooms are quite warm while most of the open area of the museum is well tempered.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Lots to see in the Musee D'Orsay. They lent us a pushchair for our youngest which was very helpful. It's a shame that there are so few lifts in the museum, and lots of able-bodied people using them instead of using the stairs, which makes it a nightmare for wheelchair-bound people and ones with strollers. Lots of Impressionist and Post Impressionist paintings here, you could spend all day here...although not with a 2 year old and a 5 year old!

The best in the world
If you like the Impressionists Museum is a must.
There you will find the wonderful paintings of Renoir, Degas, Sisley and others.
All compact and inviting