“Engagement in Paris”

Prince de Galles, a Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #48 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This hotel is beautiful and the balcony rooms are great. I was upgraded to a room on the top floor with a terrace and loved everything about it. It's where I got engaged! The staff was very helpful and the concierge helped with dinner reservations. Location is great as most everything is within walking distance. It's expensive but highly recommended.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eric W
SimonRusconi, General Manager at Prince de Galles, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Eric,

What an enlightening pleasure to read your comment! Thank you very much for sharing your happy experience on TripAdvisor.

I am sincerely pleased to learn your engagement happened at the Prince de Galles Hotel and I hope it will remain a long lasting memory! Congratulations!

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back into your Parisian Home, I remain at your entire disposal.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I can not recommend this hotel highly enough it was a truly amazing experience and one i will cherish forever.
From the room itself with its amazing balcony which we dined on one evening, to the bathroom and the amenities, the accommodation is truly wonderful, every detail was attended to whenever we required even the smallest request.
Dining in the restaurant also did not disappoint, having the most amazing dinner on 2 nights we were there just cemented my opinion of the level of the hotel and i would gladly return there on my next Europe trip.
Location wise you can't beat it!

Room Tip: ensure you have a balcony!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ShanghaiPatty
SimonRusconi, General Manager at Prince de Galles, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your generous thoughts on Tripadvisor.
I am thrilled to read that you were entirely satisfied with every details of your stay; your dinning experiences and the new decoration of the Hotel, led by Designer Pierre Yves Rochon.

Your valuable comment have been shared with all our Ambassadors, who always strive to ensure our guests’ expectations are entirely met and exceeded.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at the Prince de Galles and remain at your disposal for any assistance you may need.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We have been staying at the Prince de Galles since 2005 ( sans one stay at the Westin Paris Vendome ) and have enjoyed not only the attentive and friendly staff but the exquisite accommodations as well. It is within walking distance of the Champs Elysee yet located in an area which lends itself to a quiet stay. This visit we had a lovely suite ( Makassar ) on the top floor with a private balcony and the widest king bed imaginable. Our room had an elegance reminiscent of the art deco era, the hotel recently renovated/reopened in 2013. Upon entering the hotel lobby one’s olfactory senses is welcomed by an enticingly exotic scent which sets the tone for your stay. It’s a delicious time at a first class hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dr Pat G

Dear Dr Pat,

Thank you for your enriching review and for your loyalty! I am deligthed to read that you enjoyed a memorable experience at the Prince de Galles. The title you gave to your comment "A Parisian gem" means a lot to us since we give a great importance to our guests’ feedbacks.

I sincerely look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in your Parisian Home and I remain at your entire disposal.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 20 June 2014

It is difficult to imagine how anyone could give the Prince de Galles less than a maximal rating. Yes, it is expensive--how about a bottle of coke for 17 dollars---, and yes, there is not enough room on the sidewalk for all the doormen and concierges, but none of this matters. Firstly, thanks to an amazingly well-designed super-king size bed, perfect sound insulation, and quiet temperature control, a revitalizing deep sleep is guaranteed. The marble bathroom is stunning and efficient. This is luxury and location with a capital L---the hotel is at the epicenter of the chic French fashion houses. Secondly, the broad smiles of the staff---from front desk to the cleaning staff---are setting an example for all of Paris to follow. A+ for service, across the board. I have stayed in about 40 hotels in Paris in my life, and this is the winner by a factor of five.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank LucDevroye

Dear Mr Devroye,

What a pleasure to read your so very generous words about your recent stay at the Prince de Galles ! May I kindly thank you for taking the time to write your review that will be useful to other guests. Thank you for being such a wonderful ambassador.

Remaining at your entire disposal, we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 18 June 2014

The location is close enough to the Champs de... but far enough that you don't feel in the middle of the chaos - we walked to the river daily. The staff was divinely perfect. We were robbed in the subway and they were so thoughtful and helpful with the situation. The rooms were clean and the tiled showers were gorgeous - beds were perfect - we loved this spot!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank GarlicWineCheese

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to post a review on TripAdvisor website!

I was truly saddened by the robbery situation you had while in Paris but happy we were able to be as helpful as we could and reading your positive comments is enlightening.

I sincerely hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon in your Parisian Home, meanwhile I remain at your entire disposal.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

was in paris for the weekend and chose to stay here. was very impressed overall and would def go back anytime. here are some pros and cons:
pros:
- fantastic location on george V close to arc de triumph and train station. i actually even walked to the louvre which took about 30 mins
-hotel decor is fantastic. classy and sophisticated. only 1 year old. was given a glass of champagne on check in as it was the 1 year anniversary which was great!
- breakfast was a highlight. i love hotels where it is not a buffet and breakfast is served at your table. very very impressed
- concierge and checkin staff were fantastic and very friendly

cons:
- as a platinum member, no upgrade? was a little disappointed. oh well, it didn't ruin my stay :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
SimonRusconi, General Manager at Prince de Galles, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Mr Dewon,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your "Fabulous" comment on TripAdvisor website !

Upon hotel availabilities we always strive to upgrade our loyal guest and I do hope having the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon in one of our beautiful suites.

Reamining at your entire disposal,
Warm regards

Reviewed 13 June 2014

A piece of wonderful news to share with you all!! I just returned from a Paris trip recently and the choice of my hotel stay during this visit was one of the grand old European hotels Prince de Galles Paris at which I had had my first stay back in 1998. After having had countless revisits there year after year and heard of an upcoming property overhaul year after year, I became impatient and started rotating my hotel stays among all Starwood properties in Paris. To date, Starwood has total of 4 hotels in Paris. To be concise and succinct, I must confidently declare that the renewed and new Prince de Galles is an absolute gem in all aspects: management, staff, service, public/room decors, facilities, restaurants, etc.. I was remarkably impressed with this particular revisit at PDG and look very much forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Ave. George V are very bright and not at all noisy, Be a polite, respectful, and patie...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

May I dearly thank you for sharing your "piece of wonderful news" on TripAdvisor.
I was thrilled to read you were entirely satisfied with the new decoration of the Prince de Galles and delighted to welcome you back in our reborn parisian icon !

Your valuable comment has been shared with all our Ambassadors, who always strive to ensure our guests’ expectations are entirely met and exceeded.