“This is Paris style”
Review of Le Bristol Paris

Le Bristol Paris
Ranked #6 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 13 May 2011

Just for another short business trip the Bristol is good. The staff could be more friendly and speak a bit better English. But maybe I just have to get used to that accent. The hotel is charming and I felt good to be here.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank gabihaus

Reviewed 13 May 2011

My wife and I stayed here for one night on the recommendation of friends who were a reliable source of a 5-star hotel recommendation. They said either the Bristol (their first choice) or the Crillon (their second choice). Since we would be there for just one night (as a couple traveling from London), we figured we'd splurge and go for the best. This was definitely it. The service from the moment you arrive is beyond courteous and every effort is made to make you feel special and at home (if you're lucky enough to be treated this well at home. The hotel was very recently renovated and Woody Allen shot his most recent film here (Midnight in Paris). The room we were given was a one-category upgrade from what we booked, and it was gorgeous, with genuine antique furniture and classic French charm, but a brand new room, so it was the opposite of old and musty. The bathroom was white onyx and had two sinks, a tub, and a very spacious shower. Water pressure was great. One minor gripe is that wi-fi in the room was extra (I think about 20 Euro), but this is the kind of hotel where, if you have to ask....

Breakfast in the oval dining room was cooked to perfection and special requests were taken in stride. No attitude here, other than to serve at your command. Really, they couldn't have been more courteous and seemingly appreciative of our visit. The morning we left, I mentioned that we had heard some noise from the room down the hall that was still being renovated. The manager came out immediately and apologized profusely and wanted to make sure that our sleep had not been disturbed! They were so wonderful as hosts and the hotel is spectacularly gorgeous in every way, with a prime location just a couple of blocks from the Champs Elysee. Two final items: The hotel has an indoor pool which we did not use, but which is heated and is the right size for swimming laps. Also, there are two OTHER Bristol hotels in Paris (more like 2 or 3-star types, I was told), but make sure your taxi driver knows that you are looking for the one on Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honbore. You won't regret a stay here.

• Stayed: May 2011
3  Thank DrewFromNY
Reviewed 24 April 2011

You know you're somewhere special when the head waiter at the Michelin 3-star restaurant sees you coming out of the elevator and offers to carry your bags. This lovely property could be forgiven for a touch of snobbishness, but there's none to be found. The quality of breakfast at both restaurants is outstanding; the hand-made jam and pistachio croissant at the gastronomic restaurant are not to be missed. At dinner the chicken cooked in a bladder (of what?) is a lifetime memory. Not a cheap place to stay, but worth every euro.

Room Tip: Even the old rooms have been refurbished
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank DRudd88
Reviewed 7 April 2011

Re-visited Bristol for the first time since the new addition. I had a junior suite in the new addition--fantastic luxury surrounding with a view of the inner courtyard so great view and no street noise. I very much like the new addition restaurant (114 Faubourg) for breakfast--much sunshine which I like in the morning. Location is great and staff is great. The Bristol is on the corner of two of the most fashionable streets in Paris. I had dinner in the gourmet restaurant on Saturday evening--one of the best restaurants in Paris. A light touch with amazing flavors. Formidable!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank JAH123
Reviewed 6 April 2011

I think the Bristol is the best luxury hotel in Paris for families. There are bunny shaped biscuits and cuddly toys to greet the kids. A special pack of shampoos and soaps and an excellent room service children's menu.
Rooms are spacious and some have terraces. There is also a pool on the roof with a beautiful view across to Sacre Coeur.
We ate in the restaurant 114 Faubourg with three of the kids. Our twins aged 12 and 17 year old daughter. The food was excellent. Both my daughter and I are vegetarians and this did not mean we got second best.
It is the service that charms at the Bristol however and makes it a lovely place to stay. Relaxed and welcoming, it's rather like being at a super posh Grannie's for the weekend. As my seventeen year old daughter said, "It's a luxury hotel where I feel relaxed and don't feel that people are watching my everymove."
The kids ordered The Sun and a coke for breakfast and it was duly delivered. A sign of the perfect service.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2011

My girlfriends and I spent Christmas week in Paris and stayed at the Le Bristol. The staff were very friendly. When we checked in, the staff gave us a very detailed tour of the hotel. We arrived at 10 am, hours before the hotel's standard check-in but they were still very accommodating and let us in to our rooms early. Because I was with 2 other girls, the staff reconfigured the suite to accommodate 3 twins beds. Our first evening there, our room felt a little too cold despite turning up the heat. I called downstairs and an engineer came within minutes and fixed the problem.

We thoroughly enjoyed the hotel and all its amenities, including the indoor pool. We ate at their 3 Michelin star restaurant and although I'm not a foodie, I definitely enjoyed my experience of the multi-course meal there.

The hotel is also located in a very central location. We could walk to champs elysees within minutes and all the great shopping were nearby on St. Honore.

So all in all, my friends and I had a wonderful time. The only bad glitch was on our last evening there, we went to the business center to check our flight status. When we walked in, there was a staff person there and immediately she asked me if I was a guest at the hotel. When I said yes, she asked for my room number. I don't know if she thought I was a random person who just walked in from the streets but I was a little taken aback by her approach. Besides this woman, all the other staff were super friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful so I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 February 2011

We have been coming to Paris for over 40 years and have stayed at a variety of upscale boutique and grand hotels on both the Right and Left Banks. Until staying at Le Bristol, we had not found one to which we wanted to return. But Le Bristol stood out. Outstanding service by the concierges for a variety of large and small requests. The front desk, food (delightfully decorated Michelin 3 star restaurant), decor (recently completely refurbished with the addition of a new wing), outdoor gardens/dining, and location were perfect. Le Bristol met our very high standards in every way.

We had planned to stay at Le Bristol at the beginning of our trip and at another hotel at the end. Instead, we cancelled our second hotel and came back to Le Bristol. We were greeted warmly, and we felt as if we were coming home.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple