“Tres Upmarket”

Ranked #4 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Stanley, United Kingdom
“Tres Upmarket”
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

This is one of the top hotels in this area and we decided, as a treat to go in for a drink. We knew it was going to be expensive but I think it was value. The barman greets you, takes you to a table and offers a selection of chocolates and a small aperitif prior to ordering.

Beckham stayed here while with PSG.

Plush surroundings and very classy. But bring a thick wallet.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pat C
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Directeur de la Restauration at Le Bristol Paris, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your posting on Trip Advisor following your last visit in March.
We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your moment at Le Bar of Le Bristol Paris. The atmosphere of understated elegance you kindly described is what all our team always looks for, to make our guests ‘moment as discreet and relaxed as possible.

We hope you enjoyed the selection of chocolates and the small aperitif offered by our barman. You indeed discovered our “cocktail gift box” an exceptional collection featuring the creation of two French best Craftsmens Maxime Hoerth our Head Barman, and Nicolas Choiseau, Master Chef of La Maison du Chocolat. We always do our best to offer the best quality of products for guests’ satisfaction, so reading your comment is a real pleasure for us.

We look forward to welcoming you again during your next stay in Paris.

Kevin Chambenoit
Food and Beverage Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
New York, NY
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I stayed at the Bristol for several nights in March. The service and the room were fantastic, amongst the best in Paris. Pricy? Yes. But worth it. My one suggested improvement? To graciously offer wi-fi instead of a daily newspaper.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank travellish
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Hotel Manager at Le Bristol Paris, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing such an inspiring title for your TripAdvisor posting following a recent visit to Le Bristol Paris! We thank you for your thoughtful comments regarding the room product and our service!

We have noted your constructive comment regarding wi-fi, and thank you that.

Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Without doubt this is the best hotel I've ever stayed in. Nothing was too much trouble. This hotel simply exudes first class service, luxury, calm. Everything is done superbly. The location, room, décor, food & service were second to none. Expensive? Yes, but justifiably so. For a special treat, which it was, this hotel is unbeatable. The room service breakfast was delicious, the food in the three Michelin star restaurant was the best I've ever eaten and the service is just impeccable. I felt like royalty. Nothing was too much trouble. Even the check out experience was fantastic. This hotel exudes luxury. I really hope I can go back again - soon!

Room Tip: Pick a garden facing room if you can - beautiful views and quieter
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wwsinging
Dear guest,

What a pleasure to read your posting on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay. That you consider your guest experience to be the best ever is the nicest compliment possible. And your comment regarding the entire experience was in your mind excellent for the value expected.

All the staff take very much to heart such comments as yours. Epicure’s front team are always thrilled when they measure up to Eric Frechon’s three-star cuisine! And of course Room Service, in a hotel such as ours speaks loads for the food and beverage operation. It always is important that on departure that the staff show sincerity in wanting to know about your guest experience, and encourage you to return. I am happy to see you felt it fantastic.

Your comment that for you “nothing was too much trouble” means a lot. Everything should be seamless. We are very privileged to have a great location, and European owners that continue to give us the support to improve our product. I noted your preference for rooms overlooking our stunning garden. I am glad that you felt the Hotel exudes luxury.

We look forward to return visit, and maybe you’ll have the opportunity to visit our Spa!

Toronto
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Hotel Bristol for six nights during early April. Our room was comfortable, the location ideal and the staff outstanding. For my birthday they sent a chocolate mousse cake to our room (they must have noted the date when they took my passport). Then, when I finished a spa treatment they gave me a scented candle and said happy birthday! We can't wait to return.

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Kimberley S
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Hotel Manager at Le Bristol Paris, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Kimberley S.,

Glad that you had a memorable birthday celebration with us this past April. We appreciated your commenting on TripAdvisor with regards to the small niceties to mark the occasion! We too look forward to a return visit.

That you found the Hotel not only comfortable, in an ideal location, but the best part was that you found the staff “outstanding”. We thank you for this!

Croydon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Le Bristol from Monday 25th November 2013 to Thursday 28th November 2013.

Our first impressions, as my partner and I arrived at the hotel, were that it was very clean and well presented. There were people at the entrance to greet you and take your suitcases, and we were made to feel very welcome by them and the receptionist.

The room we’d paid for was €733 per night and we discovered we’d been given a free upgrade because we’d booked through grandluxuryhotels.com, so we actually stayed in a room priced at €1800 per night. The space was smaller than I was expecting for a room of that price but it was still a decent size. There was a king sized bed, along with a desk, side tables, numerous lamps, two chairs, a chaise longue, a large wardrobe, a walk in closet and a television. I was disappointed to discover that the television only had about five English channels and one of those didn’t work. The only channels they offered which I actually watched were BBC1 and ITV2. I was shocked because I assumed if someone is paying that much money for a room you would be provided with the full Freeview package at least.

I also discovered we had to pay €24 per day to use the Wi-Fi which I thought was ridiculous. We were already paying €733 per night so I assumed the hotel would provide Wi-Fi for free.

There was a mini-bar in the room with various alcoholic and non-alcohol drinks, and there were snacks in a drawer. I was shocked to discover how expensive the items were – €12 per bottle of water or coke, €12 for a small box of Pringles, €10 for a chocolate bar, to name a few. There wasn't an area to make your own hot drinks which was a disappointment because I didn't want to have to phone for room service every time I wanted a drink, especially with there being a £3.50 surcharge whenever somebody brought something to your room.

There was a separate bathroom with a medium sized shower, a large bath a two wash basins. The hotel provided us with dressing gowns, towels, flannels, body lotion, soap, shampoo, conditioner, shower hat and nail file. My only negative comment I would say is that housekeeping gave brand new items every day, even if they had barely been used, which I found quite wasteful – but I supposed others would want fresh products every day. I found the reception staff very accommodating when I realised I’d forgotten the adapter for my hair straighteners as they sent one to my room immediately.

My partner and I decided to dine in our room for dinner. We chose our food by telephoning down to the reception and were told our food would arrive in the next 30 minutes. It arrived in plenty of time and was presented on a trolley, complete with tablecloth, which was wheeled into the room and acted as our dining table. The waiter organised our chairs and ensured we were happy before he left the room. The food was delicious and the portions were very generous but it was very expensive – nearly £140 for steak and chips with green beans; a prawn stir fry with rice; and a bottle of wine.

My partner and I were entitled to a free American breakfast during our stay and had to fill out a menu of our requirements and hang it on the door the previous night so it could be collected. The breakfast consisted of poached eggs on tiny circular pieces of toast, a selection of pastries and rolls, toast with seven different flavours of preserves, a pot of diced fresh fruit salad, fresh orange juice and a hot drink of your choice. The breakfast arrived on time, again on the table clothed trolley, and we were delighted with the amount of food on offer and if we’d had to have paid for it we would have thought it was worth the money.

That evening we went out to a restaurant called Ledoyen and on our way back we went into the hotel bar for some cocktails. A gentleman met us at the door and took our coats before directing us to a table. We were given a free cocktail whilst we decided what we wanted which I thought was very nice. The bar staff were very friendly and were very knowledgeable in the different cocktails on offer. I glanced through the cocktail menu and couldn't find anything I liked so the waiter made me a cocktail of my choice. I asked for anything with passion fruit and he concocted it within minutes. It tasted fabulous. My partner had a limited edition cocktail, followed by a whisky based drink and I asked for a strawberry cocktail to be created for me. The cocktails were so nice that we came down the next night for more. They were very expensive but we didn't mind because the drinks were so lovely. We also treated ourselves to some bar snacks but regretted it after we saw the portion size – 4 king prawns for €16!

My partner and I spent a lot of time outside the hotel, sight-seeing and shopping. We would have spent more time in the hotel but it was so expensive we couldn't afford it. We did however treat ourselves to a spa experience. We booked the Midnight In Paris experience which lasted 4 hours and cost €750. It included a duo spa suite with private steam room and whirlpool; two relaxing foot treatments; two aromatherapy made-to-measure massages; two facials; and champagne and canapés on your own private terrace. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience and we’re glad we did it, but again it was much too expensive for what we actually experienced. I've been to many spas before and experienced the same treatments for a quarter of that price.

For dinner the second night my partner and I ordered steak and chips; and steak tartar with onion rings. The food was lovely, but again much too expensive. I understand that Paris is a very expensive country and hotels are always going to charge more for food and services anyway but it was still a surprise.

When we went to check out I was shocked to discover that the room service bill was just over £900! I honestly didn't think we had spent that much money, especially when we hadn't taken anything from the mini bar. Along with the room bill the total came to about €3100 for the three night’s stay.

Personally I would not recommend Hotel Le Bristol to any of my family or friends because I know they wouldn't be able to afford it. I could not fault the building or the staff; the environment was lovely and the staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. It was an experience but a ridiculously expensive experience and I wouldn't return as I don’t think it was worth the money.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank emma_pelling
Dear Emma,

I am very embarrassed to see that my reply to your very detailed posting that we saw a few weeks back, was inadvertently not sent. After taking so much time to record your guest experience from the moment of arrival until your departure, late last November, I must say that it was very interesting, and I’m certain helpful for many TripAdvisor readers. Although you say that you would have liked to spend more time at the Hotel during your three day stay, but that you “couldn’t afford it”, you seemed nevertheless to have a good sampling of our different offerings. Pity that your overall impression was that you “don’t think it was worth the money”.

If you don’t mind I’ll start with your last paragraph where you found both the environment lovely and the staff extremely friendly and accommodating. We appreciate you high-lighting that finding. I was also delighted that you felt the American breakfast ordered through Room Service, would have been worth the money had you not had it included in your package through Grand Luxury! Thanks also for that.

Really pleased that you enjoyed our evening bar that opened in September 2012. You seemed clearly to find the staff thoughtful and most competent as mixologists able to rally at your different requests. I have also noted your comment on the price of the tapas of king prawns. Except for the price of the tapas, you gave the impression that you so enjoyed the bar experience, yet expensive for you, but you didn’t mind. Again, thank you for your candor.

Now with respect to the number of English channels available, we are sorry that in fact one channel wasn’t available, and we are, thanks to you, looking at adding three more key channels. Your comment regarding Wi-Fi is duly noted.

Do know that upon request we are pleased to provide a coffee maker or tea kettle for the convenience of our guests. We appreciate your comment regarding the prices for beverages through Room Service being more than in the different food and beverage outlets. Your observation regarding the items available in the mini-bar are also noted. Room Service in a hotel of our category is certainly not inexpensive. And if I understand correctly, you spent an average with Room Service of €370 daily for the three night stay. You seemingly wanted to treat yourselves, but in hind-sight I am only sorry that you considered that you perhaps treated yourselves over and above what you should have.

I also understood that although your spa experience was enjoyable, for the Midnight in Paris four hour experience, you did not feel the value for experience received. At least we are glad that you are glad you did it!

Thank you for pointing out that our Housekeeping team had tendency to remove the bathroom amenities when they were hardly touched. You are very correct, this is not all what should be the practice. Our Head of Housekeeping will be watching this carefully with her supervisors. Also pleased we were able to provide the adaptor necessary.

I’m certain that you will have occasion to return to Paris in the not too distant future, and that you will be looking at other hotels in Paris. Do not hesitate to let me know if we may assist you in any manner whatsoever. We appreciate you taking the time to go into such detail regarding your particular guest experience. We’d hope that you’d want to return to the evening bar!

Best wishes,

shanghai
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Spent 2 night at the le Bristol. Arrived by Eurostar and about 15euro by taxi From Gard du Nord to the hotel. Every single staffs was exceptionally friendly, helpful and professional. Both night we had dinner at 114 and food was to die for.
Huge thank you to Marjorie Gomez and her team. They make us stay so special.

I would definitely come back and recommend this hotel if you looking for the 1st class experience.

Only 1 little thing, there is no rubbish bin for cotton pad and buds in the male locker room at the pool.

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank miscdazc
Dear guest,

Thank you for your posting on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. We were delighted that it has been your best experience to date. Marjorie our Assistant Front Desk Manager was thrilled that you considered yourselves specially treated by her team. Also Patrice and Benoit, Managers of 114, and Eric Debordes our Chef were so pleased that on both evenings you were more than pleased with your dinner.

That you found all the staff with whom you came in contact exceptionally friendly, helpful, and always professional, was the best compliment for all the team. Thank you for your thoughtful comments.

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I was with a group of women who went for a hot-chocolate tasting. We called it "Haute Chocolate," which means "fashionably elegant" which is how we felt. We sat around a coffee table and our server was gracious throughout our afternoon and didn't rush us The chocolate was hot, thick and creamy. We loved how our server poured it into our cups very artfully. By the way, this hotel is where "Midnight in Paris" was filmed. We took a tour of the grounds and saw a resident cat. It was 12 euros each, a bargain in Paris. Go, just for the experience.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank yumaborn
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Directeur de la Restauration at Le Bristol Paris, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for your recent post on TripAdvisor website.

I remember you and your party so well such as Jean-Philippe, your waiter, who enjoyed so much serving your table and share his Paris knowledge.

I sincerely hope that you would be able to come and visit us once again for another great tasting at Le Jardin Français.

Best regards.

Kévin Chambenoit.
Food and Beverage Director.