“Silent Auction "Treat"”
Review of Le Bristol Paris

Le Bristol Paris
Ranked #4 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We "won" a two night stay at Le Bristol at a silent auction for the benefit of Special Olympics of Southern California. We were/are going to be in Paris for two months (in an apartment that we have stayed in when ever we come to Paris [which is often]) and so we picked two nights that might be less hectic than the weekend. This hotel is lovely, to say the least and the staff friendly and welcoming. We had a lovely room with a view of the garden. The weather was on and off so we stayed inside all but 15 minutes. A great pool, a very nice (and reasonably priced) spa, and a beautiful garden. When you are fortunate enough to be taking a mini-vacation in Paris, you can do crazy things like that. We know the neighborhood well, so our 15 minute walk was just down to the Élysée Palace to see if anything interesting was going on (it did not appear to be the case so we walked back to the hotel. We took all our meals there and they will be the focus of separate reviews. This was a once in a life-time stay (unless we get lucky at next year's Special Olympic's fundraiser).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PeterandJinx
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Hotel Manager at Le Bristol Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Peter and Jinx,

What a wonderful experience you were kind enough to share on TripAdvisor regarding your stay last month. It is the highest compliment when you are so “at home” that you do not want to venture far from your residence! We’re really pleased that you were able to benefit from the spa by La Prairie and roof-top pool in addition to sampling the different food and beverage offering. I was particularly delighted that you found the staff both friendly and inviting. This is how a home-away-from-home should feel.

We look forward to you coming for a visit to any of our outlets, whenever you return to Paris! Hope to meet you on that next occasion.

Best wishes,

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,724)

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Like many Parisian hotels this one seems to be turning more International and less Parisian. We stayed here years ago but haven't returned as we continue our quest for our favorite Paris hotel. Crillon and Plaza Athenee, both of which we like, were closed for remodeling so we decided to try Le Bristol again. It is a lovely hotel and the common areas have been recently freshened, in fact so recently that the portions of the lobby were still under cover during our recent visit. Our first room was spacious, rather dated and nothing special. Construction noise resulted in a change of rooms; the hotel upgraded us and we upgraded further at our expense in hopes of a fresher room. We moved to a room in the "new" wing, and it was huge, with many big tall windows and a partial view of the Eiffel Tower, but alas the suite was equally uninspiring; it just felt old. The staff, however, could not have been nicer. The people throughout our stay were very accommodating in attempts to make our stay just right. Our daughter was kindly provided a temporary room until hers became ready -- which was a very, very nice touch. A caution: this room was tiny tiny tiny -- I would not have wanted to stay in it. On balance, the hospitality was great, but I didn't love the hotel, especially not for the cost. I don't care for the location, either. So we'll keep looking for our favorite Paris hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank hoh_11
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Hotel Manager at Le Bristol Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Needless to say we were disappointed to read your comments on TripAdvisor following your family visit late March. I am not sure if we did tell you that the first suite you were assigned is scheduled to be renovated in the next few months. The suite you then were relocated to was redone at the time the Matignon building was converted to an extension of the Hotel. Actually that building opened up six years ago, so we really should not be referring to it as the “new” wing. The other sections of the Hotel were given priority to be renovated as unfortunately you attested to the work taking place on the 7th floor. That entire floor was completely remodeled, and yes, we were truly sorry that you were bothered by noise emanating from that work. The room that was temporarily given to your daughter is of course the smallest in the Hotel, and generally occupied by small children only when the parents chose the suite adjacent.

We were very appreciative that you felt our staff to be helpful and the overall hospitality great. Perhaps on another occasion you could check-in with us, and we’ll show you other rooms that would be more in keeping with your preference. In the meantime, know that we thank you for your candor, and wish you a wonderful summer.

Your sincerely,

Reviewed 21 May 2014

My husband and I are still talking about our experience at le Bristol. We arrived in Paris jet lagged (of course) around breakfast time to this amazing palace. As we entered, we noticed a beautiful white fluffy kitty with flame point ears lounging on the newel post in the entry -- he added some serious glam! (A few days later, we saw some adults were chasing him and trying to keep him in captivity so they could pet him!)

Once we were checked in, Jeremy and Geraldine whisked us away to the lovely neoclassical style sitting room for a few croissants, brioche, fresh juice and coffee to relax while our room was getting prepped. The sitting room was full of beautiful seating, colors and the high ceilings and the light just poured through the room - magnificent!

They led us to our room. We opened the door and there among the Juliette balcony adorned with flowers and greenery was a view of the eiffle tower! There was a hand written note with sparking water and fresh figs beautifully displayed on a tray. The room was fairly large in comparison to other European hotels. There was a king size bed with a sofa, desk and vanity. The bathroom was huge with all white marble floors, dual sinks complete with a killer hair dyer, Hermes soap, toilet, bidet, shower and bath. They also had adapters for us to use.

Now for the bar, just go- you must! It's a glamorous mix of beautiful tapestries, mirrors, upholstered wing chairs, sofas, fireplace- then there is someone spinning music but not in an obnoxious clubby way ...the perfect mix. We had champagne and they brought us dark and milk chocolates. The bathrooms down the hall have amazing recessed curved doors and are automatic. Cool

The service here at the hotel was fabulous. What an amazing start to our trip. The only downside to staying here was that it made our other hotel accommodations on our European venture seem just average!

J'adore tu le Bristol!! See you again on another special occasion!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cmhellwig
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Hotel Manager at Le Bristol Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear guest,

We were so pleased to see that you and your husband are still talking about your visit with us last July. Great memories, yes, that is what it is all about. Your description of your arrival sequence was so detailed, including the first names of those you came in touch with. Jeremy, Geraldine as an example. The experience you shared in our lobby lounge area we refer to as the Jardin Français was very lovely, and then to your guest room with its amenities and a view of the Eiffel Tower making it for no mistake as to what city you’re in!

Our evening bar that we opened in September 2012 is a real hit, not only with our residents, but with Parisians. Our DJs are top, and it appears we are just going to have to have a series of CDs as it is a frequent request!

I really hope the rest of your European holiday was special all the same, but do keep your new Parisian residence on the list for that next occasion as Fa-Raon and all of us will be waiting to greet you warmly back to your new adopted Parisian home.

Best wishes to you both,

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Staying at the Bristol is like staying in paris with warm welcoming friends . In fact It doesn't feel like a hotel at all. You are greeted by name from everyone and they remember every Detail no matter how large or small. I asked what type of rose was in the room service bud vase and before I knew it a bouquet of them were delivered to my room. Guest relations head Stephanie Simonpietri is extraordinary . It's her personal mission to make guests happy- she bends over backwards to do this And boy does she succeed! Honestly, she doesn't leave to go home until you are happy! Many 5 star hotels in Paris have large bright beautifully furnished rooms like the Bristol but its their special attention to details and intense desire to please their guests that sets them apart from all the others. It starts with Didier Le Calvez (who put George V on the map) he somehow knows every guest in each of his 188 rooms and makes sure his entire staff does too. Add in the extraordinary food plus the la prairie toiletries and the prices seem completely justified. Don't bother staying anywhere else when you're in Paris .

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stacey F

Dear Stacey F.,

You have paid us the highest compliment by your comments on TripAdvisor following your stay earlier this month. By saying that you felt being welcome warmly like friends are welcomed at home, you did not even feel like you were really a hotel! The use of the guests’ name is the due recognition each of our guests deserves.

Stéphanie takes her job as guest relations very much to heart. And you did witness that first-hand. It is true that we want all the team to take ownership, and do their utmost to please the guests. Didier Le Calvez our CEO and General Manager is a brilliant hotelier and knows how to surround himself with passionate people. I actually also had the pleasure of opening the George V with him in ’99. And of course we have the masterful Eric Frechon with four Michelin stars, three for Epicure, and one for our brasserie 114 Faubourg, so the food and beverage offering at Le Bristol is very special.

Thank you for being a wonderful ambassador Ms. Stacey F.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I am at a loss of words to describe how Le Bristol impressed us from the moment we crossed the hotel doors...

We encountered the most thoughtful, respectful service from everyone we saw, bellmen, receptionist, at breakfast.... This really made a difference for us, everyone remembered my family and even my name, even if I did not check-in...

Our room was absolutely beautiful - in soothing lilac tones, with beautiful textiles and attention to details. The flower arrangements are exquisite throughout the hotel premises.

Even on a busy weekend, we felt like we could unwind and relax in the plush common area. You are transported in time.

It is absolutely worth it, and I would not think twice about going there again. It is not only for the great food, beautiful setting, but mostly for their attention to detail which impressed us.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank xoxojet

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very generous comments on TripAdvisor following your family visit earlier this month. That you felt most welcomed by all the team, and that their words or actions you found to be thoughtful and respectful is the highest compliment possible for us. I was particularly delighted that the staff used your name at different times when they met you. We agree that recognition and a personalized service is so important.

We are pleased that you point out your appreciation of the attention to detail. No doubt you might have realized that all the flower arrangements are inspired by the colors in the materials either in the guest rooms or in the public areas, so one bouquet does not resemble another. It’s nice that you felt totally happy and content to relax in our more elegant than ever lobby area that just received a facelift over recent months.

Our food and beverage offering that is quite large is under the care of Eric Frechon who has four Michelin stars between Epicure with its three and our brasserie 114 Faubourg. We’re glad you had an opportunity to dine with us.

We hope you will have the occasion to return to your new Paris residence very often!

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Le Bristol Paris is my favorite place to stay when I feel the need to unwind and indulge. The service is exemplary, Le Bar du Bristol is full of glamorous people including the staff. The mohitos are perfection, the food is outstanding. There's the French garden perfect for smoking cigars and enjoying champagne, there are the lovely suites decorated in 18th century French style and the Epicure restaurant and all right in the heart of the city's fashion district on the elegant rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré. I didn't utilise the spa or the pool although I hear it was a view of the city. Next time.

Room Tip: It's an expensive indulgence. Ask the lovely staff to show you the room options, they are wonder...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Melita C.,

Delighted that your guest experience last October was one that merited the title you chose ! Your comments on TripAdvisor were very much appreciated, particularly that you found our staff exemplary. Thrilled that you enjoyed the evening Bar we recently opened in the fall of 2012. Yes, they are not only a good-looking lot but passionate about their business! Today is actually a beautiful sunny day in Paris, and residents as are Parisians are enjoying the terrace and our French garden as I speak. It’s good to see our guests at Epicure, our three-star Michelin restaurant, also enjoying the talents of Eric Frechon’s cuisine on that restaurant’s terrace.

Next time we hope you will have the occasion to use our pool located on the top floor, with stunning views overlooking the city. And of course the Spa by La Prairie which opened in the fall of 2011, has beautiful treatment rooms overlooking a garden and an amazing team of professionals.

Glad the location suited you, ideal for shopping, and that you have adopted us as your Parisian residence to stay when you can. Thank you for being a great ambassador!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

It’s been a little over a year since I’ve had a chance to be in Paris and at the Bristol, but when pulled up it was like never having been gone.
Entering the understated lobby is calming. None of the steely-eyed security that lurks behind the potted plans in some Palace Hotels or kinetic energy that frazzles others. Just calm and understatement.
Le Bristol’s guest records are as good as their greeting as we were shown the room we have had in the past and told, “Welcome home”.
The junior suite was big by any standards and gigantic by Paris. It was clean and crisp and had plugs above each night table so I did not have to pull out extension cords and crawl under tables to plug in my I-phones. The bath was equally big and comfortable
and even had a wicker chair.
Sitting in the secluded garden for lunch and drinks on nice May afternoons hearing, the fountains lightly gurgle made one feel in a special place. And then there is the pool. It may be small but where else can one swim and gaze at Montemarte.
To me only 2 small points separated our stay from perfection. Firstly I am not smarter than the average thermostat. I know that I like my rooms at 19c during the day and 21c at night. The thermostat, unlike most hotel thermostats, was impossible for me to decipher with its maze of symbols and I spent one night with the windows open and the street noise, as I could make the room cooler.
Secondly, at my home we do not charge our guests for wi-fi. Even Starbucks provides free wi-fi. At E$1,300 per night why nickel and dime. If accounting wants higher yields raise the price to E$1,325 and give free wi-fi. I had the same complaint in my last posting; the effect was that the price was raised.
With the Ritz and Crillon soon to reopen part of me says let’s see what they have done to restore their grandeur but part of me says when you have already found near perfection why go elsewhere.
…..unless they offer free wi-fi!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank venamo

Dear Guest,

Your posting on TripAdvisor following your visit in March was very much appreciated. We were so pleased that the whole arrival experience was somewhat like be welcomed back to your own Parisian residence. Thank you for noting those features you appreciated in your suite. And we appreciate that you find the garden with its terrace to be a special place. It is somewhat remindful of being on a country estate. And while the pool is clearly not a lap pool, it is hard to beat the skyline of Paris with Sacré Coeur looming over the chimney tops.

Your two very constructive points are well taken. When escorted a simple and clear explanation needs to be systematically made as to how to regulate the room temperature, it should not be so complicated that you needed to open the window in order to cool the bedroom down. And as to the charging for wi-fi, your comment has been well noted.

Hoping that the overall guest experience will only continue to improve, in addition to addressing the two above points, so that we may have the pleasure of having you return.