“With love... Paris !!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #42 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
Bridgetown, Saint Michael, Barbados
“With love... Paris !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

My visit to Paris is Trully amazing ,,,,food,shopping ,people,cultures !!
You made my stay superb...I love my room,,super classy bathroom with I love the most
And the lobby is Fantastic decor and chandelier that sparkle every steps of my night
See you in July 2014 ...Le Meurice ❤️

Room Tip: If you are in to a classy Hotel.....This is yours!!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Nikki L
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear Nikki L,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review regarding your last stay at the Hotel Le Meurice.

We are really happy to know that you enjoyed the Hotel and its location. Your satisfaction regarding the hotel decoration is very important for us, and I will be very pleased to share your comments with all of them.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in July to Le Meurice and we wish you a Happy New Year!

Yours sincerely,

Franka Holtmann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

I first heard of Le Meurice in a biography of Wallis Simpson who used to stay there. So I booked for 3 nights after an apartment stay and although I was in the cheapest room, the staff treated me as if I were royalty. The room was small but comfortable and the bathroom beautiful. Although the main restaurant was booked out for dinner, I was offered a table for lunch which was superb. One morning I was unexpectedly given a plate of delicious French toast. Celeb spotting included Sting and Jacques Chirac. The experience was well worth the cost.

Room Tip: Book well in advance if you want to have dinner and also book a table in the lounge (yes!) if you pl...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Patricia F
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Doctortrish,

Thank you so much for this more than rewarding review.

I am truly thrilled to hear about your experience with us.

It has been great pleasure for me to share your comments with all our teams.

We sincerely hope we will have the pleasure of your return visit soon.

Best regards,

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

This morning I have been to LeMeurice desk to kindly request that I be shown the Function Rooms where an event could be organised.

I have been revolted by the low quality of service provided by the desk: a sales person was called, and requested that I book a timeslot to get a glimpse of the Meurice Function Room offering. That was the second time - even though on Christmas eve all Function Rooms are empty - that I was given the same distasteful service.

Each and every palace in Paris where I have made a unannounced request for a quick visit of the salon, I have received a cordial and prompt assistance. Alas, the Meurice has decided not to meet the french standards for professional courtesy - at Palace prices, this is not only a distasteful but an absurd commercial policy.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
16 Thank Adieuaberlin
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Dear Sir,

I am very concerned by the negative experience you mentioned on TripAdvisor.

Your feedback is extremely important to us, I would like to follow up on your visit and comments. I would be most grateful if you could grant me a few minutes of your precious time. I hope we can connect soon and I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely yours,

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

If you are looking for a place that will mesmerize you with Parisian chic, luxurious interiors and grandeur, this is the perfect hotel for you. The location is superb, the rooms are well-appointed and the bar downstairs is amazing for pre-dinner (or even pre-lunch) champagne. Magnifique!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Vonkhan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor this very nice feedback about your recent stay at Le Meurice.

We were truly delighted to read how much you enjoyed the charm of our interiors, your accommodation as well as the location of the Hotel. We were also thrilled to see you could appreciate the magic atmosphere of our Bar the 228, having a glass a Champagne and listening to our live band music before dinner.

Kindly know that your appreciation means a lot to us and that we have been delighted to share it with all the members of the team who have contributed to the success of your stay with us.

We sincerely hope that your stay amongst us will remain unforgettable over time to come and that we will have the pleasure of your return visit soon.

We wish you a wonderful holday season!

Margate, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

I write this just over a month after our stay…
On entrance the hotel is what you would expect courteous door staff where nothing is too much trouble with a grand entrance that befits the heart of Paris.
As our luggage was whisked away we were shown to our room which was beautiful and well laid out. The bathroom was lavish with a bath made for honeymooners, a very comfortable bed and plenty of wardrobe space the view of the court yard was what it was and Paris just peaks over the building.
The staircase was impressive and if you look closely you can see parts of the hotel as it was in a gone by era.
The drinks at the sumptuous bar with attentive bar staff made for a pleasing first evening.
Breakfast was fantastic the prunes in red wine were divine and the grapefruit juice was smooth and refreshing the eggs and your choice of accompaniment cooked to perfection. I left each morning fully sated and looking forward to the next morning. I must say eating in the restaurant opposed to the lobby is far far superior the staff in the restaurant were incredibly courteous and on the ball and made it a wonderful experience
Nothing was too much trouble by any of the staff from front of house to the cleaning staff.
Having said all of this it is a shame that the management staff at Le Meurice do not take note from their staff on the ground that work under them, they make the hotel what it is.
On arrival a pre authorisation hold was put on my card for the full 3 days of the stay plus 10%. This would not have been a problem if I had been TOLD about it. On departure I could have used cash or another card to pay for our stay, the account I had used was a small account that I have had for 20 years I keep it open with a few direct debits and use it as a special occasion account (Our wedding and honeymoon being the biggest occasion to date) .
On departure I paid for our stay (same card) and on to Reims and Bruges to finish our honeymoon. In Bruges I tried to use my card but it was declined I did think it strange but have heard of peoples issues with using cards abroad and it wasn’t important as we did have other means to pay.
On arrival back to the UK in the early hours of Sunday morning still floating from a wonderful honeymoon I checked the bank to see if I could see the problem with the refusal of my card. Only to find that I was over drawn (on an account with no overdraft facility) the 3 Direct debits I have on the account had been returned the Friday just gone???!!! After a lengthy conversation with telephone banking who told me that that the full amount of our stay had been taken from the account 4 days previous and there was still a pending charge awaiting from Le Meurice - the negative balance and the positive balance equated to the full 3 days of the stay plus 10%.
I contacted the hotel first thing that morning. What was to follow was 2 days of going around in circles with ‘Yes madam we made a mistake, what do you want me to do about it’ with a final promise of I will go to my management and someone will get back to you.
The outcome: yes the money was returned to my account 10 days after we checked out, I did incur quite hefty bank charges and the hotel feels that they have no responsibility to these charges they still continue to ignore us and most importantly NOT once did we have an apology from the Le Meurice to say “we are really sorry that your honeymoon ended with such a bump!”
I really do feel that it would not hurt for management to have a couple of training days with their staff!!! Maybe they might be able to imprint on management how far courtesy can take you!!
Tut tut Le Meurice you are not above désolé!

Room Tip: Check what is being charged and when. If you can a room over Rue de Rivoli would be magical
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank totallyinsatiable
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your visit to Le Meurice and I am sorry to read that your visit did not meet your expectations. We would very much like to discuss your experience further if you could kindly contact us directly at the hotel.

Best regards,

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

This is one of if not THE best hotel I have ever stayed in. When I think of Paris I picture an old, grand, ornate, over the top hotel and that’s what it is. I had an upgraded room, (part of the AMEX program) which was beautiful. The only thing was my view was into a courtyard. Now that I have read other reviews I wish I had asked for a view of the Tuileries Garden. The bar is elegant, comfortable, and warm. The location is perfect. I can’t wait to return!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear Lani K,

Thank you for being so thoughtful in giving your appreciation of the time spent with us.

Thank you so much for this very enthusiastic review regarding your recent stay with us.

We were truly delighted to read how much you enjoyed our Bar as well as the location of the Hotel and the service you received.

We hope to have the occasion of welcoming you back in a not too distant future and we will be pleased to book a room overlooking the Tuileries garden.

Warmest regards,

Mamaroneck, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

This was our second stay at Le Meurice, both of us on business this time, and while I still take issue with the contemporary decorative efforts in the lobby and restaurant, the hotel, as a whole, is wonderfully elegant with superior service. The rooms can't be beat for size, comfort and quiet.
Food and drink are expensive both in the room and at the bar, but that can be avoided or indulged as based on your purse and mood. The location is perfect. We had a special business rate. We had to move for our last night to use a credit that we held at a so called boutique contemporary "five-star" hotel on the left bank -( which cost more than Le Meurice!) - which felt like we had downgraded to a youth hostel....the comparison made Le Meurice shine all the brighter!

Room Tip: We have never stayed on the park side as those rooms are premium and we fear they might be noisy. Qu...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear McWarg,

Thank you for sharing such a glowing review of your stay with us here on TripAdvisor - to know that we had made it such a memorable one for you means the world to us.

Our staff takes great pride in ensuring that our guests receive exceptional and efficient service at all times, so I am sure they will be most encouraged by your comments.

For business, or leisure, we certainly hope to welcome you back again the next time your travels take you back in Paris.

Yours Sincerely,