“Luxury on the Tuileries Park”
Review of Le Meurice

Le Meurice
Ranked #40 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Hartford, Connecticut
“Luxury on the Tuileries Park”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Our first experience staying at Le Meurice over Thanksgiving was excellent. We chose this hotel since the Ritz has been undergoing renovation and it was the closest in style, luxury and service to the Ritz (our favorite) as you can find in Paris. The location of Le Meurice is perfect on the Tuileries Park, next to the Louvre and a short walk to Champs Élysées, Rue FSH , Galeries Lafayette , Printemps, Musee D'orsay and it has easy metro access at Concorde or Rivoli. The lobby of Le Meurice is absolutely a "see and be seen" atmosphere. The food at the hotel was delicious, and the dining room of Alain Ducasse is stunning. The hotel is very expensive but it's location, service, and elegance nearly justify the price.

• Stayed November 2013
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Keropie,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at Le Meurice of last November.

I am delighted to hear that you elected us as your home in Paris during the Ritz renovation and I am truly thrilled that we have fulfilled our mission to make your stay a memorable one.

It has been a great pleasure for me to share your words with our staff and particularly with the Alain Ducasse culinary team who contributed to the success of your stay at Le Meurice.

We thank you again for your kind forward and look forward to welcoming you back!

Franka Holtmann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Le Meurice has been ranked among the most elegant hotels in the world… and having been there, I can see why. This hotel combines contemporary chic with 18th century opulence in an ideal location - situated between Place de la Concorde and the Louvre. The rooms are… well, just beautiful, decorated in the style of Louis XVI.

I was fortunate to visit the hotel around Christmas and it was stunning.

I set up a hotel tour with Pascale Floc’h, the Assistant to the Front Desk Manager. Ms Floc’h gave me the most in-depth tour I’ve ever had in a hotel – the lobby, the incredible spa, multiple hotel rooms on every floor, and the Michelin restaurant… I did not take nearly enough photos.

One of the first thing that impressed me as I entered the rooms of le Meurice were the entrance hallways. Many rooms had entry hallways. These hallways give you the sense you are in an multi-room residence, and not simply a hotel room. The rooms are large, the hallways make they seem more so!

The attention to detail at le Meurice is impressive. You can see in how the rooms were setup for incoming guests. EVERY room I entered had a welcome gift… and each gift was specific to the incoming residents.

In a “couples” room there were champagne and flowers; in a room expecting two young girls there were green umbrellas and candy. In another room, other children’s gifts were laid out, waiting. Le Meurice makes an effort to know their guests and makes every effort to create a memorable stay.

The hotel opened in 1835 and contains seven floors with 160+ rooms. There are many types of rooms including:
• Superior Room
• Deluxe Suite
• Executive Suite
• Prestige Suite
• Presidential Suite

All rooms feature exquisite marble bathrooms with shower and bath. One tip: Request a Deluxe Room in the 23 series; they feature huge bathrooms with gorgeous double sinks.

World renowned chef Alain Ducasse proudly oversees all Food and Beverage at le Meurice. The three Michelin starred restaurant is highly acclaimed by food writers worldwide.

From the minute you arrive at Le Meurice, the staff is warm and welcoming. They are well-trained, professional, and take a genuine interest in their guests’ stay.

Located in the heart of Paris, it’s just a few minutes walk from Place Vendôme and Rue Saint-Honoré, the Musée du Louvre, and overlooking the Tuileries Garden, you can’t get much more central than le Meurice.

Book your stay with a Virtuoso Travel Advisor, you can get the following Virtuoso amenities:
• Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
• Daily full American breakfast for up to two in room guests
• 85 EUR Food & Beverage credit to be utilized during stay (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
• Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear RPT1887,

I cannot thank you enough for your amazing review following to your stay at Le Meurice last December.

It has been an immense pleasure to share your kind words with my team!

I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of your return visit soon and that I will have the opportunity to thank you in person.

Charleston
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Le Meurice is impressive, even before you enter, with staff greeting everyone outside the front doors. The entrance is nothing short of royalty - chandeliers, furniture, and mirrors are opulent to say the very least. The concierge were always helpful and provided wonderful restaurant recommendations.

My only complaint had really nothing to do with the hotel itself. Our neighbors seemed to enjoy slamming their door after midnight (multiple times). When mentioning this to the front desk, they quickly took action but were unable to move us to another room (hotel was fully booked). One other concern was that with a hotel so grand, why charge for internet... especially as there appear to be a concentration of patrons there on business.

One may be concerned with the size of the rooms, but considering you're in paris, the room is quite reasonable. Beautifully appointed rooms that are cleaned / turned down twice a day. The bathrooms are covered with marble.

Location - I cannot imagine a more central hotel.

All in all, should you have the means, Le Meurice is a perfect choice for your next Parisian visit.

Room Tip: Dali apparently stayed in a suite which now is split into rooms 101,102, and 103
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RunningGatorDoc
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear RunningGatorDoc,

What a pleasure to read about impressions regarding your recent stay at Le Meurice! I was truly thrilled to read your review and please be assured that I shared it with all my team!

I am delighted that you did appreciate the décor of our rooms and Italian marble bathrooms as well as the services of our housekeepers.

However, I am saddened to hear that your stay has been a bit tarnished by noisy neighbors who were slamming their doors late at night and I feel sorry we were not in measure to move you to another room. Regarding the Internet connection, I completely understand your point of view, and please kindly know that a free access option will soon be available.

I am very happy that your overall experience has been a success, thank you for recommending Le Meurice as the perfect choice for a Parisian visit and for mentioning our very central location!

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Le Meurice in the hopefully not too distant future.

Florida
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Nice junior suite. Good room service. Cocktail lounge and dining room are lovely. Nice bath and bedding was very good quality. In the heart of tourist land! There was a lot of construction noise early am hence 4 stars.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Chicagolover59,

It has been a pleasure to read about your impressions following to your recent stay at Le Meurice and I thank you for taking the time to share them on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to learn that you liked your Junior Suite and that your experiences at the Bar, restaurant and room service have been a success.

Thank you for mentioning the bath and bedding that you find remarkable. All our rooms are indeed equipped with beautiful marble bathrooms with walk-in shower and deep bathtub. The quality of your sleep is most important for us, that is why we have selected the highest quality for our bedding.

I am also very glad that you enjoyed staying in the very heart of Paris, two steps far from the Louvres, Orsay Museum, St Germain des Près, and so many other lovely places.

I deeply regret to learn about some construction noise that you heard early in the morning. After investigations, it appears that the there were some renovations happening in the building next door for which we had not been informed. Please be assured that when we need to make some works in the hotel, we always schedule them later during the day in order to disturb the least the tranquility of our guests.

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Le Meurice and in the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Orem, Utah
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 4 days and loved the location and the service, but the pricing was way out of line for the accommodations. The public rooms were wonderful, the food was very good, the service was excellent, however the rooms were not up to the standards of the cost. We have gotten much better value for equally priced hotels.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Ray J,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Le Meurice on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to read that you did appreciate our public areas that have been renovated by Philippe Starck, the cuisine of Alain Ducasse as well as the services of our staff.

However, I am deeply concerned to hear that your bedroom did not meet your expectations. Please be assured that we pay a lot of attention to the quality of our product and I regret your deception.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for a future stay, I am sure that we will be able to find a room that matches with your expectations.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope we will have the pleasure of your return visit soon.

San Pedro Garza Garcia, Mexico
Reviewed 25 April 2014

The Meurice is an elegant and great located hotel.
The rooms are spacious, the bathroom big, practical, perfect.
But the most important is the expectacular service we recieved from everybody!
The hotel personel were kind, helpful, always smiling and trying their best.
Perfect!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ninfa L
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Ninfa L,

Thank you very much for choosing Le Meurice for your recent visit in Paris and for taking the time to share your kind comment

Your words to describe our hotel are very representative of the atmosphere that we want to deliver to our guests and we appreciate to read that you get this feeling. I am also very pleased to learn that you truly enjoyed your stay with us and that the services of our team members did meet your expectations.

We are now looking forward to welcome you again at Le Meurice.

Faithfully
Bedford, New York
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed at Le Meurice in the spring of 2013. We had a gorgeous suite with 2 large bedrooms and a large living/sitting room (thanks to my friend Camilla who organized our trip!). The furnishings were beautiful and the rooms were immaculately clean with comfortable beds and excellent linens. The restaurant in the hotel was fabulous as was the service. In fact, all of the public rooms of the hotel are stunning and exactly as you would imagine a beautiful hotel in Paris would be - my 12 year old twin sons were in heaven! Also, the location is great you can walk to the Louvre and the Musee D'Orsee as well as the left bank. It is true that this place is expensive but they do deliver and if you want a very special place to stay while you're in Paris - this is it!

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Dear marie c,

It is a real pleasure that one year after, you are still thinking about your experience at Le Meurice. We duly appreciate your feedback and are pleased to read that you enjoyed your suite and its atmosphere.

Le Meurice pays a lot of attention to provide a special welcome to its young guests and it is pleasant to read that your son did enjoy it.

It is an honor to be considered as the place to stay in Paris and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again.

Sincerely