“No need to stay here- there are better 5 star hotels in Paris”
Review of Le Meurice

Le Meurice
Ranked #41 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Despite receiving daily apologizes either in a letter or by the guest relations manager either about baking paper in omelette and about the room service mistakes and about the house keeping service- I honestly wouldn't stay here again. I visit Paris at least twice a year and there are many hotels you can stay in that are better than this.

The rooms are clean and the bathrooms are big but the service is terrible. It was a busy time in January and the restaurant could not cater for everyone. Outside the hotel entrance there wasn't anywhere you can eat so room service at this point was my only choice after a very long day. The food is very over priced for what you are getting. I felt the hotel did small really "cheap" things to save money - no basic bread and butter or a basic side salad with some of the meals in room service food, wifi not included, at breakfast a man walks around with a trolley of juices and cake trolley and goes around to the tables asking which juice or cake you would like leading you think it is complimentary when it is certainly not. If you sit at the bar and order a cappuccino it is cheaper than when you sit on one of the lounge chairs in the SAME room!!! Have you ever heard of such a thing?

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
17  Thank Jeela J
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feeling about your stay at Hotel Le Meurice. Your comments are very important to the management and the team, for reflection, and off course to take action in order to always improve our service.

We are deeply sorry that you were not satisfied of your stay and would like to sincerely apologise for the problems you encountered during your stay.

I would very much like to discuss your experience further. If you would, therefore, be kind enough to contact me, directly at the hotel. I would be happy to discuss your disappointment further.

Franka Hotlmann, General Manager, Le Meurice

Write a ReviewReviews (1,168)

Reviewed 9 June 2014

The hotel location is excellent. It is within walking distance to all attractions. It is in a very good area. The service was excellent in reception, concierge and restaurant. Valet and doormen not so attentive.
The rooms are not worth the money. We had an executive room and it was dull , dark and outdated. The view was of the other rooms. They said it overlooked the courtyard which was an 8 x 10 space with two lounge chairs. Our room had a leak from the room above so we were moved to another executive room. The second room was better but not overwhelmed. There is no outdoor area for dining or drinks. The dining rooms were beautiful and the service was excellent. Overall not worth the money.

Room Tip: Room 335 was dark dull and poor view. Room 631 was much better.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank rosetraveler55

Dear Rosetraveler55,

I thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay at Hotel Le Meurice. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our service and the location of the hotel. I shall pass the comments to the relevant teams.

Your feedback is the most valuable and I sincerely regret that your experience was less than perfect in regards to the room. This certainly does not reflect the high standard in which we pride ourselves here and we would like to apologise again for the leak you found in your room.

Furthermore, we have different room styles and rooms with a view on the Tuileries Gardens that could be more to your liking. If you decide to give us another chance and stay with us again our team would be delighted to make you visit different rooms so you find one that matches your expectations.

Franka Hotlmann, General Manager, Le Meurice

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights when in Paris and i can not fault it in any way.

Of course it is not a cheap hotel, however you get what you pay for in Paris.

Service was amazing, Presidential suite was the best i have EVER Seen, pics attached.

Having breakfast in Dali (3 hatted restaurant) was a great way to start the day and was an experience in its self.

Staff could not be more obliging and this is a hotel i will make sure i stay at when ever i am back in Paris.

Room Tip: avoid lead in room type as it is pretty small. Presidential suite is amazing if you have the EUR18,0...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank firstclassboy
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Firstclassboy,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at le Meurice. We are pleased to know that you were pleased by the presidential suite as well as your stay at Le Dali and that you are planning to stay again. I shall pass your lovely comments to our staff. We hope to welcome you again soon for your next stay in Paris.

Franka Holtmann, General Manager, Le Meurice

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at Le Meurice in March of this year. From the moment I arrived I knew it was going to be an amazing experience. The hotel is very grand, we dined in the restaurant and enjoyed cocktails in the bar both of which were very good. My room was incredible, I wish I could have taken the bed and bathroom home with me! I would have to say this is the most luxurious hotel I have ever had the pleasure of staying in and for a hotel of such a high standard, the atmosphere was fantastic and very relaxed! The staff were first class and very professional, just what you would expect in a hotel of this standard. I will return one day, for a special occasion and when I have managed to save up for it!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank njs91
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear njs91,

Thank you so very much for your amazing review.

I am so happy to read that we succeeded to make you dream from the beginning to the end of your stay with us.

I will be delighted to share your kind words with my teams. It will be a great reward to their continuous efforts to make this place the most exclusive and quintessential Palace in town.

We hope to welcome you back to Le Meurice very soon!

Thank you again!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife kindly took me here for my 40th birthday - staying for three nights.
Its a seriously lovely hotel. Opulent, very grand and the staff are very nice. Although grand, the hotel is also relaxed.

Its perfectly situated opposite the Tuileries Gardens for easy access around Paris.
Cost - my wife paid - but I suspect it is definitely on the pricey side.! But, its recommended. Made for a perfect base for us for the few days we were there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank steve_lansdell

Dear Mr. Lansdell,

Thank you so much for having taken the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to hear that we fulfilled our mission to make your birthday trip a memorable one.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the hopefully not too distant future.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Beautiful view (you can see Eifel tower, Louvre, Toulerie jardin), nice roon but the service dosen´t match with 6 stars hotel. And my paint desappeared when I just check in. I think they shoud look at the camera and see what can be happen...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Ditanaka,

Thank you very much for sharing your impressions on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for your comments regarding the beauty of our rooms and our views on the city.

However I am most concerned by your comments regarding our service. I would be most gratefull if you could grant me few minutes of your precious time to talk to me directly regarding your experience.

Please feel free to send me your contact details on my email address franka.holtmann@dorchestercollection.com and I will be in touch with you shortly.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

This review is long overdue - I had a wonderful 4-night stay here in February 2012. Le Meurice is of course one of the premier luxury hotels in Paris, and they sure let you know it. We enjoyed drinks in Bar 228 and breakfast in the beautiful eating area in the lobby. The room was quite luxurious. Particularly noteworthy was the large, sumptuous bathroom. The location is also wonderful, around the corner from Place Vendome, across the street from Tuileries Garden, down the block from the Louvre, and a short walk to Place de la Concorde and Champs -Elysees. I am glad I stayed there on my first trip to Paris. If you've never stayed at the Meurice, you can't go wrong there, although I enjoyed the Shangri-La more.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear DeliciousIz,

Thank you for being so thoughtful in giving your appreciation of the time you spent with us after all this time !

I am truly thrilled to see that you keep such good memories of your first stay in Paris and that we helped to make this trip a memorable one.

We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back on your future trip to Paris so that you are able to discover the novelties in the hotel since your last stay, our revamped Spa Valmont and our restaurants now overseen by Chef Alain Ducasse.