Le Pavillon de la Reine
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
Hotel Original(Paris)
  • Room Service
All reviewsplace des vosgeshonesty barhonor barbeautiful squarequiet luxuryduplex roommarais districtprivate courtyardpicasso museumbeautiful hotelsitting areaboutique hotelsteam roomperfect locationfavorite hotelbreakfast is servedan upgrade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 November 2011

Everything about this hotel was Paris perfect. We did have a renovated room (that I asked for in advance thanks to other TA contributors)- so I cannot comment about the others.

Our room was perfectly appointed. Small but with everything one needs, well lit, clean, and beautiful. It seems the doorman/front desk staff & others swap responsibilities, but all are always available and happy to help with bags, or anything else one might need.

The breakfast room is great- amazing coffee and spread...perfect before heading out for the day. The location is absolutely perfect. Right in places de Voges, quiet at night for sleeping, but 2 blocks from the heart of the Marais

We have travelled all over, and I am a hard marker. I love this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a new room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Tim G, Directeur général at Le Pavillon de la Reine, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at the hotel Le Pavillon de la Reine.

I was thrilled to read your wonderful comments regarding our property.
Please be assured that I have shared your feedback with all the teams!

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Tim Goddard

Reviewed 16 November 2011

Everything about this hotel is extraordinary -- the location, the decor, the service. It's my first choice in a city of great hotels.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravelDaddy65
Reviewed 18 October 2011

My wife and I had a wonderful experience and stay. The staff was very friendly and responsive, the concierge successfully made all of our restaurant reservations beforehand and our room (which was recently renovated) was very nice. The location is outstanding and you can easily walk to other areas (or short walk to Metro). It is a very secluded and quiet location, with a courtyard behind the Place de Vosges. A truly great setting in a great part of the city. Our trip was to celebrate a wedding anniversary and it exceeded all of our expectations. We would stay here in a minute next time we come back to Paris.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MDRSW
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Having stayed in many hotels in Paris, I can say that this hotel is exceptional. I will never stay anywhere else again. Stepping from the Place des Vosges you enter a beautiful courtyard leading to the hotel which is a true oasis of calm and dignified beauty. I had a very spacious room (for Paris) with an exceptional bathroom. Quiet and peaceful throughout the hotel it is so relaxing. The staff were exceptional. Professional but friendly and really helpful. They advised me on some wonderful places to eat close by. The honesty bar was a lovely place to unwind and the prices were very reasonable. I could not fault this hotel on any level. Perfect!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank ralphine1
Reviewed 24 September 2011

We chose this hotel at the recommendation of a Parisian acquaintance who suggested the Pavillon de la Reine in the Marais would be a more authentic experience than staying at the more prestigious George V or The Carillion. Perfectly situated near wonderful shops, galleries and restaurants, we enjoyed the music offerings from buskers in the nearby laneway (especially the harpist!) and our daily coffee and macaron at Le Carette a few doors down. Whilst some reviewers have complained about the cost of breakfast in the lobby lounge we found it worthwhile and a pleasant way to start the day. We had reserved a junior suite but were disappointed with the first room shown due to a distinctly unpleasant odour in the bathroom. It was obvious that the problem was already known as the bathroom had two extra air fresheners in place. We were immediately shown two other suites, both immeasureably better than the first. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and but would suggest the rooms that are not up to standard should not be used until the odour problems are rectified.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple