There are many things to really recommend this hotel (and Paris has many to choose from). It is in a wonderfully quiet location, with the benefit of being very central (Place des Vosges, center of Marais), but tucked away inside a courtyard. This keeps the noise away and makes a very lovely courtyard available to the guests). The Honesty Bar, stocked with every imaginable alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage, includes a fireplace, comfortable chairs, and the informal romantic atmosphere to relax after a long day of walking around and sightseeing. The rooms (we had a duplex) are small (as is the standard in Paris and in Europe), but made excellent use of space and provided a CD player with CD-ROMs, which we found to be a nice touch. downstairs in the duplex is the couch, TV, small table tucked away, armchair, and bathroom with toilet and sink. upstairs is the bed with a surprisingly large bathroom with bathtub and bidet, as well as 2 sinks. the hotel also offers free use of internet for guests, which is both rare and much appreciated. overall, the atmosphere is that of quiet elegance; charm without kitsch. we felt the spirit of Paris and Parisian life without any of the pretentiousness we hoped to avoid at the flashier hotels. the concierge service is excellent as well - they found a casual restaurant for us that fit the bill exactly (Gaspard de la Nuit) and made us reservations. The staff is very professional and pleasant, no trace of anything untoward, and easily switch back from French to English at your leisure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pavillon de la Reine & Spa, a discreet luxury address in the heart of Le Marais! Established in the Place des Vosges, in the heart of Le Marais, both one of the most famous and most historical districts of Paris, the Pavillon de la Reine perpetuates an elegant atmosphere combined with discreet luxury to attract the most stylish globetrotters in the world in their quest for a quiet and discreet place to relax. The Pavillon de la Reine is embellished with its shady gardens s and its distinctive facade. Its historical setting has been totally reviewed by Didier Benderli (Kerylos Interieurs) blended with a contemporary and friendly touch, combining aesthetics with original ideas. The Pavillon de la Reine offers a universe with a subtle and contemporary charm and unexpected combinations of material, colours and styles. The Pavillon de la Reine comprises 54 rooms and suites 4 stars all decorated distinctively, using different shades of colours and furniture. They make use of the surrounding space elegantly and they are in total harmony with the atmosphere unique to ParisHotels Particuliers. Decoration, in some rooms, combines beams with large mirrors and iron bound trunks, while more contemporary dark wood furniture is the focus of other rooms. The Suite de la Reine and Victor Hugo Suite hint at the history of Le Marais comprising graphic literary details, punctuated with a modern decorative touch. The Spa de la Reine by Codage, a revelation to your Senses! The 250 m² Spa (2,420 sq feet) comprises 2 treatment booths, a gym and Jacuzzi as well as a steam bath. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Le Pavillon de la Reine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pavillon De La Reine Hotel Paris
- Pavillon De La Reine Paris