We have (literally) just returned from a 4-night stay at the Pavillon de la Reine and had to say what a wonderful hotel it is. We stayed there last year and fell in love with both the hotel, its location and Paris! So when we wanted to take my wife's parents to Paris this year (their first time) there was only one choice of hotel to make their stay extra special and nobody was disappointed.
It is a very relaxing hotel with great staff, in particular the concierges are incredibly helpful and patient. They are undergoing some work inside the hotel - moving the reception desk, moving the breakfast room to the ground floor and adding a spa downstairs - but you really wouldn't be aware of the work going on other than a blank wall where the reception desk used to be. Apparently the work will be finished in May this year.
The breakfast buffet is excellent with plenty of choice and perfect scrambled eggs. Although the hotel doesn't have a restaurant it really isn't required as there are so many wonderful places to eat nearby to the hotel (as well as 24-hour room service, although we didn't use this). I'm sure you can't go wrong but the concierges are able to recommend excellent restaurants tailored to your preferences. We particularly enjoyed Bistrot de L'Oulette (Stephane is an excellent host, knowledgeable and enthusiastic) as well as Gaspard de la Nuit (both on Rue Des Tournelles) and Le Carre des Vosges on Rue St Gilles.
We stayed in a superior room and the size was more than ample and was actually bigger than we expected - especially for Paris. Place des Vosges is delightful and is in easy walking distance of Notre Dame and the Seine, Bastille, the Pompidou Centre and the Louvre. The immediate area around Place des Vosges also has beautiful shops of every description - but not the big chains of the Champs Elysees if that's what you're looking for! You really feel you're part of Paris staying in this wonderful hotel.
It is on the pricey side, but you certainly get what you pay for in this instance. It is superb. Treat yourself and stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pavillon de la Reine & Spa, a discreet luxury address in the heart of Le Marais! Established in the Place des Vosges, in the heart of Le Marais, both one of the most famous and most historical districts of Paris, the Pavillon de la Reine perpetuates an elegant atmosphere combined with discreet luxury to attract the most stylish globetrotters in the world in their quest for a quiet and discreet place to relax. The Pavillon de la Reine is embellished with its shady gardens s and its distinctive facade. Its historical setting has been totally reviewed by Didier Benderli (Kerylos Interieurs) blended with a contemporary and friendly touch, combining aesthetics with original ideas. The Pavillon de la Reine offers a universe with a subtle and contemporary charm and unexpected combinations of material, colours and styles. The Pavillon de la Reine comprises 54 rooms and suites 4 stars all decorated distinctively, using different shades of colours and furniture. They make use of the surrounding space elegantly and they are in total harmony with the atmosphere unique to ParisHotels Particuliers. Decoration, in some rooms, combines beams with large mirrors and iron bound trunks, while more contemporary dark wood furniture is the focus of other rooms. The Suite de la Reine and Victor Hugo Suite hint at the history of Le Marais comprising graphic literary details, punctuated with a modern decorative touch. The Spa de la Reine by Carita, a revelation to your Senses! The 250 m² Spa (2,420 sq feet) comprises 2 treatment booths, a gym and Jacuzzi as well as a steam bath. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Le Pavillon de la Reine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pavillon De La Reine Hotel Paris
- Pavillon De La Reine Paris