“Excellent location, boutique hotel”

Le Pavillon de la Reine
Ranked #41 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Unbeknownst to us, we stayed in the sister hotel Pavillon des Lettres two years ago, so we were delighted to learn when we arrived that we chose wisely again. Both hotels are terrific!

The hotel is nestled inside a courtyard in Place des Vosges. It's a nice quiet, secluded location without a lot of street noise. The hotel is beautifully designed in luxurious fabrics with nice attention to detail including the wall coverings of the tiny elevator.

We got upgraded to a two-story loft/suite with living space on the first floor and bed in the loft area. The bed was comfortably firm, which is exactly how I like it. My only complaint is that the loft gets quite warm at night, and I prefer to sleep in cooler conditions. I consistently woke up around 3-4 am mostly from being too hot.

Unlike Pavillon des Lettres which is situated amongst many luxury brand shops, Pavillon de la Reine is close to many interesting boutique shops and modern brands like Sandro and The Kooples. This made for great shopping for me.

There is a Metro stop nearby, Chemin Vert. Hailing a cab was a pain so when we needed one we usually summoned Uber or had the hotel call us a taxi.

We had massages at the spa which were pleasant but nothing to write home about. Then again, we have the best massage therapist in the world back home so he has ruined us for massages with anyone else.

We didn't have a chance to eat breakfast at the hotel but I ordered room service one night. The salmon lasagna is delicious.

This is a delightful hotel; I highly recommend it and would love to stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Irene A

Reviewed 17 December 2013

This hotel gave us a lot of privacy. We went to Paris in the year 2012 as a newlywed couple for our honeymoon. They took good care of us and arranged whatever we wanted. Every room has a fireplace with it and it is quite interesting. The service rendered by the staff of the hotel is impeccable and I truly appreciate it from the bottom of my heart. They also have a fantastic bar in the lobby of the hotel. My wife and I almost were there every day during our stay at the hotel. The French bread was exotic and we enjoyed it every morning. Overall a thrilling and peaceful experience. We could not measure it more.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Tim G, Directeur général at Le Pavillon de la Reine, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2015

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at Pavillon de la Reine.
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Your comment is very important to us and we will make sure to share it with our teams.

We hope to see you again very soon at the Pavillon de la Reine!

Kind Regards,

Sophie WEISS
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Nice renovated palace, "hotel familier" with a patio in the center that gives to these buildings the sense of privacy and personality they have. Good but small bedrooms. They need 3 sqm more to be perfect. Bathroom clean but small. The service is very attentive. The hall/living room at the entrance with fireplace is a cozy place to drink something in the afternoon after the long walks during the day in Paris. Lovely place, good location in Le Marais.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
tim g, Directeur général at Le Pavillon de la Reine, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear Guest,

I was glad to read your kind words following your recent stay at Le Pavillon de la Reine.
I have also taken note about your words about room sizes, I just wanted to inform our rooms are all larger than required, and also comparing to many other hotels of samel level.
Please do come and visit us again soon.

Best Regards,
Tim Goddard,

Reviewed 7 December 2013

In cities where I have had the advantage of visiting times prior, I make an effort to find hotels that create more of an experience of home.

Pavillon de la Reine is one of the rare places in a big city that delivers the experience of home, quite to this level.

It goes without saying that walking out the front door right on to one of the city's most breathtaking locale's - Place des Vosges - squarely puts the Pavillon in a league of its own. But, this grand Place quickly meets its match in the form of the hotel's serene courtyard, cozy living spaces and, above all, wonderful rooms.

You have to work very hard to compete with the riches of Paris, but I often found myself wanting to make my way back to the hotel to enjoy a glass of wine, listening to the hubbub of the school children across the street - don't worry, this lends a feeling of being IN Paris, away from the other screaming crowds one can find in the city - or the rustle of the ivy that covers the walls surrounding the courtyard.

The service, like being at home, is attentive without being obsequious, and I must say the concierge was a star helping secure an array of reservations and spots that were still a little "too in" to make for an easy booking. And, while the food at the hotel is delicious, let them send you on your way to other Parisian delights.

Our room, a corner suite, had the most wonderful scent that made for a wonderful welcome home, as well as a minimally, yet warmly, appointed sitting area and bedroom. The bathroom was very well appointed, too.

Rare are those hotels that draw you away from their surrounding city and the spaces of which all compete for your attention. Rare are those hotels that do become home.

Room Tip: You most definitely want to spring for a room looking onto the courtyard. And, corners make for a lo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eduardo B

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your comments following your recent stay with us at Le Pavillon de la Reine.
I was delighted to read your review and in particular that you enjoyed the facilities, service, the ability of our Concierges to go on their way, and of course the location of the hotel.
It is an honor to read you felt like being in your "maison" in Paris.
As you mentionned we are located in a unique and historical square in Paris, and it is true our hotel does offer also a very intimate entrance with the courtyard.
We do hope you will come and stay with us again soon.

My kindest regards,
Tim Goddard

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I've visited Paris at least a dozen times, but this trip was my first staying at the Pavillon de la Reine. Located at la Place des Vosges, it's in a beautiful area with great shops & restaurants, but the hotel is a peaceful, graceful oasis with impeccable service. My junior suite (#58) was on the corner overlooking both the hotel's courtyard & the side. The room was quite large with the living room very comfortable & the bedroom huge. The bathroom had both a bathtub & separate shower plus double sinks. The entire hotel is beautiful & the staff are pleasant, helpful & go out of their way to make your stay memorable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear Sir,

I was delighted to read your kind words following your stay at Le Pavillon de la Reine, and glad also that we met your expectations .
Since it was your first stay with us, we would be pleased to welcome you for your next parisian stay.

Best Regards,
Tim Goddard

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Recent return visit Nov 2013 with family. Have stayed here numerous times before. Always enjoy the quiet and calm of the PDLR amidst the city buzz. Romantic location in Marais is always a lure. Interestingly, on this trip, I actually missed the concept of a lobby bar. There is an honor bar in the lobby with several comfortable sitting areas but it was always empty and it felt lacking energy which I found inspiring at some of the other hotels we visited. Our Junior Suite was spacious for Paris, nicely appointed, quiet, spotless with attentive and immaculate service. Negatives would include the impossibly hard/firm mattresses! Can't understand why they would use such thin, firm bedding. Really uncomfortable and not what one would expect from a luxurious suite and luxury hotel. Now that I have stayed a few times seems more like apartment living. Without a bar, a concierge or a doorman to welcome one back, can't help feel like it was missing a few things. Really need to upgrade the mattresses !!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
tim g, Directeur général at Le Pavillon de la Reine, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Hello recnyc, very sorry that you had a few issues during your stay, if you were he at the start of the month Paris and the hotel were very quiet. I am sorry you thought that the mattresses were to hard. It's difficult to satisfy everyones needs for bedding. We are suplied by the company that supplies most of the Paris hotels and we order there top of the market mattresses, but that again is a question of needs, some want hard and others soft. I am pleased that you enjoyed the decoration of your room.
My best regards.
Tim Goddard.
Manager.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

PDLR is a perfect hotel in a fantastic location. The staff could not have been nicer to us, especially with our sick infant. One of the warmest hotel experiences I have had anywhere in the world. Restored my faith in Paris!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family