Having been to Paris many times we wanted to try the Marais and picked this hotel after a French friend recommended it. Our stay was perfect and we can't wait to go back and stay at this hotel again. It really made our whole Paris experience the best we have had so far. Below are the details:
- Hotel: Boutique hotel where all the details have been taken care of. We were staying over New Year's and were upgraded to a junior suite when we arrived. The room was beautiful, spacious, fantastic Molton Brown toiletries, robes, slippers, excellent bedding and of course - very clean, as one can expect from a property such as Pavillon.
- Service: Service is excellent, personal and not intrusive. We felt at home from the start and the staff went out of the way to help with all our requests - from tickets to a New Year's day concert to restaurant reservations and recommendations. All with a smile and all staff spoke very good English.
- Location: Marais and Place des Vosges are a beautiful part of Paris, with nice boutique shops, full of galleries, nice small bistros and trendy restaurants - really a side of Paris that is less touristy and full of the charm that Paris is known for. The hotel is 5 minutes walking from the Bastille metro so easy to get around the city if you need to. It is also there that the Opera Bastille is located so you can combine your trip with a ballet and/or Opera only 5 minutes away.
- Eating: The hotel offers breakfast, which we had included as part of the room. It offered fresh fruit, coffee, tea, pastries, cheese, ham, omellettes, etc. I believe if it is not included is around 28 or 30 euros. The hotel does not have a restaurant for lunch or dinner but they do offer room service where you can order from if hungry. Having said that, there are many excellent restaurants in the area which are just a few steps away and are worth a visit.
- Other recommendations: We found two nearby restaurants which we really loved. One was Jaja (3 RUE SAINTE-CROIX DE LA BRETONNERIE) a small french bistro located in a beautiful courtyard that you might miss unless you look closely. Their lunch was excellent and the service was great - all staff spoke good English and the ingredients are fresh and all local. The second one is called Glou (101 RUE VIEILLE DU TEMPLE) - also modern french food with fresh ingredients from the region. Both Jaja and Glou are part of the same group and we loved them both - a must at Glou is the cafe gourmand - excellent desserts!
Overall - Pavillon is our new address in Paris and we can't wait to go back! Thank you for making our stay perfect!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pavillon de la Reine & Spa, a discreet luxury address in the heart of Le Marais! Established in the Place des Vosges, in the heart of Le Marais, both one of the most famous and most historical districts of Paris, the Pavillon de la Reine perpetuates an elegant atmosphere combined with discreet luxury to attract the most stylish globetrotters in the world in their quest for a quiet and discreet place to relax. The Pavillon de la Reine is embellished with its shady gardens s and its distinctive facade. Its historical setting has been totally reviewed by Didier Benderli (Kerylos Interieurs) blended with a contemporary and friendly touch, combining aesthetics with original ideas. The Pavillon de la Reine offers a universe with a subtle and contemporary charm and unexpected combinations of material, colours and styles. The Pavillon de la Reine comprises 54 rooms and suites 4 stars all decorated distinctively, using different shades of colours and furniture. They make use of the surrounding space elegantly and they are in total harmony with the atmosphere unique to ParisHotels Particuliers. Decoration, in some rooms, combines beams with large mirrors and iron bound trunks, while more contemporary dark wood furniture is the focus of other rooms. The Suite de la Reine and Victor Hugo Suite hint at the history of Le Marais comprising graphic literary details, punctuated with a modern decorative touch. The Spa de la Reine by Codage, a revelation to your Senses! The 250 m² Spa (2,420 sq feet) comprises 2 treatment booths, a gym and Jacuzzi as well as a steam bath. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Le Pavillon de la Reine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pavillon De La Reine Hotel Paris
- Pavillon De La Reine Paris