I stayed here twice in May with my husband, for 6 nights total. We completely enjoyed our stay & have zero complaints. We would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for quiet luxury with personal service near the Place des Vosges. I travel to Paris frequently & the service here stands out among the best.
I stayed in a Standard room (top floor, gable roof) for 3 nights, before changing to the Suite de la Reine (one of the 2 top suites) for 3 nights. The Standard was tiny but newly decorated in a chic decor (gray fabric walls, nice furnishings) & very well thought out, with a nice bathtub, separate WC, flat panel TV & hidden minibar. Those who like a lot of space & light (normally me) may find this room a bit claustrophobic, but I found it cozy; note that there is not much room for luggage though. The Suite had enormously high ceilings & 3 full-length French windows overlooking a quiet side street; again, it's not huge, but the ceilings & windows give it a big airy feeling with lots of light, & it is luxuriously decorated, with a separate lounge, 3 bathroom areas & a walk-in closet.
The lobby bar is a lovely place to gather for drinks, with cozy chairs & a well stocked honesty bar. The hotel was adding a gym & spa downstairs when we were there. The front courtyard is beautiful - walls covered with ivy - & makes the hotel feel like a quiet haven, just off the Place des Vosges (a very special corner of Paris, in my opinion; it's a lovely place to sit under the trees). The location is great for wandering the Marais & is a short walk to useful metro lines. I think the internet access could be improved though - it would be useful to have a separate area with a PC & printer, instead of a laptop next to the reception desk.
The service is what really stands out about this hotel. Everyone, from the bellman to the receptionists, was sincerely helpful & friendly. I even received 2 personal emails from the hotel after we left asking how we enjoyed our stay. Definitely recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pavillon de la Reine & Spa, a discreet luxury address in the heart of Le Marais! Established in the Place des Vosges, in the heart of Le Marais, both one of the most famous and most historical districts of Paris, the Pavillon de la Reine perpetuates an elegant atmosphere combined with discreet luxury to attract the most stylish globetrotters in the world in their quest for a quiet and discreet place to relax. The Pavillon de la Reine is embellished with its shady gardens s and its distinctive facade. Its historical setting has been totally reviewed by Didier Benderli (Kerylos Interieurs) blended with a contemporary and friendly touch, combining aesthetics with original ideas. The Pavillon de la Reine offers a universe with a subtle and contemporary charm and unexpected combinations of material, colours and styles. The Pavillon de la Reine comprises 54 rooms and suites 4 stars all decorated distinctively, using different shades of colours and furniture. They make use of the surrounding space elegantly and they are in total harmony with the atmosphere unique to ParisHotels Particuliers. Decoration, in some rooms, combines beams with large mirrors and iron bound trunks, while more contemporary dark wood furniture is the focus of other rooms. The Suite de la Reine and Victor Hugo Suite hint at the history of Le Marais comprising graphic literary details, punctuated with a modern decorative touch. The Spa de la Reine by Carita, a revelation to your Senses! The 250 m² Spa (2,420 sq feet) comprises 2 treatment booths, a gym and Jacuzzi as well as a steam bath. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Le Pavillon de la Reine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pavillon De La Reine Hotel Paris
- Pavillon De La Reine Paris