Le Pavillon de la Reine
  • Room Service
US$269
US$220
  • Restaurant
Hotel Augustin - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$166
Official Site
Hotel La Manufacture(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$135
  • Room Service
US$1,235
US$1,184
  • Pool
All reviewsplace des vosgeshonesty barhonor barbeautiful squarequiet luxuryduplex roommarais districtprivate courtyardpicasso museumbeautiful hotelsitting areaboutique hotelsteam roomperfect locationfavorite hotelbreakfast is servedan upgrade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2009

Wetayed here as part of our honeymoon last year. Hotel and staff are great. It's quite expensive but good if you're looking for a treat. It's in a stunning wee square and not far from loads to do. Will definitiely go back...once we've saved up a few bob!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Quadington
Reviewed 26 June 2009

I stayed 7 nights at the Pavillon de la Reine in June, 2009. I first stayed there a year ago and since then the rooms and common areas have been completely renovated to a high quality. Breakfast is now served on the main floor on either side of the entrance and this is much more pleasant than in the previous sub-basement wine cellar setting. The biggest change in the rooms is in the baths which are bright and have separate tubs and showers. Still lacking: a good, bright reading light. The flat panel TVs provide only fair reception, but I didn't go to Paris to watch TV.

I like the Marais location more and more. I had excellent dinners within a couple of blocks of the hotel at L'oulette, Gaspard de la Nuit and the Bofinger Brasserie.

This hotel is a very pleasant and comfortable place to stay in Paris.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank Tipster2000
Reviewed 12 May 2009

The hotel is charming, quiet, well staffed by helpful English speaking staff.
Our suite was lovely and overlooked a small courtyard. I met my daughter in Paris (study abroad program) and chose the hotel because of its close proximity to her apt. The hotel is tucked off the arcades of the Place desVoges. I found the Marais district a wonderful place to explore and the restaurants at night seem to be filled with Parisians. I definitely
look forward to my next Paris visit and this very special, welcoming hotel.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Caroline045
Tim G, Directeur général at Le Pavillon de la Reine, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2015

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at Pavillon de la Reine.
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Your comment is very important to us and we will make sure to share it with our teams.

We hope to see you again very soon at the Pavillon de la Reine!

Kind Regards,

Sophie WEISS
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 29 April 2009

We we were visiting my son who was living in the Marais district, so we ventured away from our normal hanuts such as the Crillon, Plaza Athenee, etc. The Pavillon de la Reine was less than one half the price (check out the U.S. $400 rate) and absolutely equal in service, charm, elegance, romance, and the Marais is a great part of Paris to stay in, within walking distance of lots of museums, great restaurants, and tourist sites. The room was a little small, but they all are in Paris -- the bathroom was generous in size, and the recently renovated rooms and common areas are first rate. The full breakfast is fabulous and was included in our rate as was afternoon tea and coffee. Get an interior courtyard room and hear nothing but chirping birds.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HoyaMomGreenwich
Tim G, Directeur général at Le Pavillon de la Reine, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at the hotel Le Pavillon de la Reine.

I was thrilled to read your wonderful comments regarding our property.
Please be assured that I have shared your feedback with all the teams!

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Tim Goddard

Reviewed 26 March 2009

I've travelled all over the world and stayed in some fantastic hotels. I have to say that whilst Pavilion De La Reine is not the most spacious of hotels it is certainly one of the best hotels I've visited and will always return.

Firstly the location is absolutely fantastic. Smack bang in the places des vosges in le marais - beautiful! You're within seconds of lovely streets, fantastic restaurants and beautiful cafes not to mention the charming places des vosges itself.

The hotel is quite simply beautiful. You enter in a secluded courtyard and the foyer is like walking into a gorgeous library with intimate seating, stunning chairs and sofas and flowers. The rooms aren't huge but are well designed and extremely comfortable. On the two occasions I've visited I've slept like an absolute baby, wonderful! The bathrooms are dark but cosy and I quite like this which makes a change from stark white tiles and glass. They supply Molton Brown toilettries, gowns, and other bits and pieces.

Pavilion De La Reine is incredibly romantic and it's charm seems to really weave it's magic. I've felt so relaxed and happy on both visits. The staff are fantastic, helpful and smart. One of my favourite things to do is enjoy the lovely breakfast the next day (We've only ever stayed one night). The breakfast is perfect - fresh bread and pastries followed by bacon and eggs if you want as well as hot coffee or tea. I can't remember Sundays being so good.

I don't agree with the review below that the rooms are too small - they are not massive but after staying in the duplex and then in a smaller room I actually preferred the smaller room which was stunning and opened out onto a little japanese garden.

Pavilion De La Reine comes very close to perfection to be honest. I have absolutely loved both my times there and can't wait to return, it's a gorgeous place to stay. Sure it's not cheap but worth ever penny to be honest. The only thing they could do perhaps is provide in room dvd players and have a dvd library - the rooms are so nice that i'd love to come back after a long day out and curl up and watch a film.

I cannot wait to return.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple