“lovely location”

Ranked #270 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Letchworth, United Kingdom
“lovely location”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed for one night here and really enjoyed it. We arrived really early and although we were not meant to check in until 3pm they allowed us to, and it was only 10am. I liked that! Really nice hotel, spotless, dressing gowns, slippers - all you would expect. Also lovely, helpful service with an excellent conceirge. The bed was amazingly comfortable, really lovely. We didn't eat at the hotel as breakfast is a bit steep at 30 euros and with so many wonderful restaurants around, we ate out. The location is fabulous, surrounded by 5 star shops and near the Louvre, I really loved it. I have stayed in other locations in Paris, but this is my favourite by far.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Erwan S, Deputy General Manager at Castille Paris, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Cathyt93,

Thank you for your comment regarding your recent stay with us.
We definitely look forward of welcoming you again at the Castille Paris.

Erwan Sarre - Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I've stayed at the Castille several times. On holiday, on business, with my mum, with my family, and alone. Sometimes for as little as 1 night. Sometimes for as many as 4 nights. During renovations. After renovations. During fashion week, and during a not so crazy busy time. I love it. For many reasons. But the most important one is that the Castille never disappoints. It is to me the epitome of Parisian service. Never too much. Never too little. Just enough attention and a very intuitive understanding of what people want by way of space, privacy or aesthetic. The rooms are well appointed. I've stayed in some of their "small rooms" and I've stayed in some of their larger rooms. It doesn't matter because they're all elegant and comfortable. I know Paris very well. And this is one of my favourite neighborhoods. And this hotel is for those that appreciate the subtlety and comfort of a relaxed elegance vs. some screaming nouveau riche aesthetic and environment. If you're looking for something crass like that, there are lots of choices not far from the Castille. In order to appreciate and enjoy the Castille, you need to understand the Parisian brand of elegance and you need to have good taste.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank truthserum26
Dear Truthserum26,

I would like to thank you for this detailed report about your stay at the Castille Paris. I am very glad to read your comments and what are the reasons why you do prefer our property to an other one. I am fully convinced that this kind of testimony will be very helpful for our future visitors.

Little Falls, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The location of the Castille was perfect ! It was so close to so many attractions. The room was very nice and the housekeeping in the room was great. The hallways however were a different story. During our 4 night stay , the elevators were often out of service so we had to use the stairs. The stairways were dirty and had an awful smell. It made leaving and returning to our rooms rather unpleasant. The other issue I had was with the hotel restaurant. The service was very lackluster both for dinner and breakfast. Given the price of both a bit more pleasant service should have been in order. The waiter for our one and only dinner was absent for most of the meal and our request for butter and more water went unheeded. Needless to say we ate dinner elsewhere from then on. When we were seated for breakfast one morning, we found our table overrun by ants . We told the woman who was seating guests. She told us to find ourselves another table , we did so but watched to see if the problem would be addressed. No one even went to check on the "buggy" table so another guest was sure to be confronted with the same problem. We ate breakfast every morning at the hotel because we simply did not have the time to go elsewhere before our tours began. If we had had a choice your restaurant would not have been our first choice.

If you improve on these few things, your hotel could definitely be "first class".

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Pam W
Dear Pam W,

After reading your comment you posted on TripAdvisor, it will be difficult to me to express by writing how frustrated and distressed I feel about the bad experience you had with us during your stay.
Please trust also, that Starhotels is a company that does invest a lot in their properties and since the Castille Paris has been bought some renovation has been undertaken every year.
With my personal apologies,

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the hotel. The staff were very professional.we would recommend it to friends.The area was also excellent . we were so near to everything. The Louvre. Notre same wonderful restaurants and to cap it all next to Chanel head quarter s what more could you ask for....

Room Tip: Go for the duplex fab
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Erwan S, Deputy General Manager at Castille Paris, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Sharon C,

Thank you thousands times for the nice comment posted on TripAdvisor. My team and I are very happy to have helped to make this special trip even more special. Anyway, we had no right to fail in this kind of occasion !
We look forward of welcoming you soon.

Sincerely yours

Medford, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is a wonderful romantic hotel!!! Right in the heart of fashion district, within walking (short) distance to all the sites. Spotlessly clean, helpful staff and very French. We will stay here on all subsequent trips to Paris. Out room (352) was beautifully decorated and on the third floor in the front of the hotel. We did not hear a sound from the street but we enjoyed the French balcony (flowers planted in the window boxes). Concierge was very helpful!!! If you see an advertisement for a concert at the Magdeline Church - go it will be fabulous!!! We di not opt for the breakfast but instead sat in some of the lovely cafe's in the area. We stopped each evening for a bottle of wonderful French wine ($4-5 Euro) and a bagette and sat in our very comfortable bed and enjoyed!!!

Room Tip: We loved staying in the old part of the hotel - high ceilings, beautiful woodwork. Also, they have...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Susan H
Dear Susan H,

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 12 May 2014

A charming hotel, great location, tho a bit hard to find. It is secluded. Our room overlooked the patio, a lovely view. We could hear the water fountain which was very relaxing. The bed very comfortable and the room spotless. Again the location was fabulous, you can walk easily to most famous sights you wish to see, return to your room to change for the evening and go out again for a stroll. The staff was very kind, pleasant, helpful accommodating. I was disappointed there were no capabilities of making coffee or a hot pot of tea in my room in the morning. I did have breakfast one morning in the hotel. The breakfast was delicious, however the price at 30 euros plus tip was a bit overwhelming. For a short walk to a cafe, you can eat more reasonably. I would recommend this hotel to friends, it is truly a hidden gem!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the patio have sun light and a relaxing view!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank kmr858
Erwan S, Deputy General Manager at Castille Paris, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Kmr858,

Thank you so much for your nice comment posted on Tripadvisor. I am glad to read that either the location of the hotel or the kindness of the team made your stay even better than expected.

And, by the way, I do share with you your opinion about our rooms facing the Patio. They offer the peacefull ambiance of our courtyard. DGM Tip : ask for a view on the Eiffel Tower

I look forward of welcoming you again at the Castille Paris.

Best regards.

Ca
Reviewed 10 May 2014

the hotel is situated in a perfect location. I stayed there for 5 days The street is small and quiet one way street. One block over and you are in the most exclusive shopping in the city. Another 2 blocks and you are next to the river where to the most famous museums in the city,the Louvre the Orsay the Orangerie etc are located.If you continue walking in 35 min you are at Notre Dame. I could go to a Museum in the morning then come back for an hour and go back again.
Breakfast is fantastic. It is 30 euros but it is a full spread and the service is perfect
The bar is pleasant and they have music on Thursdays
They have a small work-out room which I did not have the time to use but it had the basics
The concierge Clementine was outstanding always trying to help and doing it in a very gracious manner
The rooms are clean and bright and the bed soft.
The place is quiet and away from the bustle and jet so close to everything
A remarkable boutique hotel

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Erwan S, Deputy General Manager at Castille Paris, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Ciaomondo,

Be sure that I will tell the entire team, and especially Clémentine, about your satisfaction. I am sure that it will make their day! I am fully convinced that this kind of testimony will be very helpful for our future visitors.