“Charming Boutique Hotel”

Ranked #259 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Wheeling, West Virginia
“Charming Boutique Hotel”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Castille. The rooms are comfortable and quiet, breakfast is outstanding, the desk staff and concierges are friendly and speak English well for those of us who have forgotten our high school French. The location is terrific with several Metros within a quick walk. Tulerie Gardens, Louvre, Musee d"Orsay, Galleries Lafayette, the Marais are all within walking distance. We prefer local, small hotels as opposed to large chains and Castille is a charming, French jewel!

Room Tip: Never had a bad room here. Some are larger than others but all chic!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank WVjo
Erwan S, Deputy General Manager at Castille Paris, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear WVjo,

I would like to thank you for this detailed report about your stay at the Castille Paris. I am very glad to read your comments and what are the reasons why you do prefer our property to an other one. I am fully convinced that this kind of testimony will be very helpful for our future visitors.

Erwan Sarre - Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Four Days in Paris for a meeting.
All the judgement and opinion must considered that this Hotel has been rated 5 stars.
Great position though, very close to the Concorde Metro (Yellow Line).
However, the room, although clean and nicely furnished, was small and during the first night I have been moved in another room because of issues to the hydraulic system of the bathroom.
The electricity was interrupted during the night because of other unexplained issues.
Breakfast is "average" at best and if you need to leave before 7 a.m. there is no chance to have a coffe as the kitchen is closed: it is your business and people at the concierge do not even care.
There is no much to say about the frigo bar in the room as I payed 9 euros for a 1/2 liter bottle of water. This is a price I would accept from a real 5 stars Hotel.
I do personally think that the rating of the hotels worldwide should be standardized.
Overall, this hotel cannot be a 5 stars, however, for those who consider the location and the ease of moving around the most important subject, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lukeskywalker77
Dear Lukeskywalker77,

First of all I would like to thank you very much for having taken the time to share your experience following your recent stay. I am glad to read that you were satisfied with our room's style.
Your comments are very important to us in order to learn from our mistakes and get better every day. No use to say that our goal is to deliver exceptional service to all of our guests.

I personally do apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced and inform you that I met all the head of departments in order to them to insure a very high level of service with their respective teams.

I hope you will give us a second chance to show you that your first stay was not representative of what the Castille Paris guest experience is. Please contact me directly for a future stay as I would be happy to take care of the reservation myself.

Best regards
MARKHAM
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The location is great. The price is high. Breakfast cost is unrealistic. WiFi worked fine. Hotel staff were friendly and knowledgable if less than totally efficient. Contrary to most hotels, the rooms are nicer than the lobby, which is the way it should be. There was not enough storage in the room for all the pillows - we asked them to take them away. We will be bac.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank GeorgeFMarkhamON
Erwan S, Deputy General Manager at Castille Paris, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear GeorgeFMarkham,

Thank you so much for your comment posted on Tripadvisor. I am glad to read that either the location of the hotel or the kindness of the team made your stay enjoyable.

Regarding the room size, and if we have the pleasure of welcoming in a near future, our deluxe rooms or Junior suite may be more appropriate for a you.

We definitely look forward of welcoming you again at the Castille Paris.

Lisburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is an excellent hotel with a relaxing environment and very attentive staff. We really enjoyed our stay here. An oasis of calm in a very busy city.

It is well placed for walking to some of the sights such as the Louvre and also for shopping on the right bank with Rue St Honore but five minutes away.

In the evening the area around the hotel is quiet compared to the more crowded areas on the left bank of the river. The standard of upkeep and cleanliness of the public areas and rooms is first rate. Although expensive, - and we didn't opt for breakfast, there are plenty of local alternatives in the surrounding streets - I was satisfied that we received both the standard of accommodation and attention for which we paid and would certainly use it again on a return visit to the City.

2 Thank Peter E
Dear Peter E,

Erwan Sarre - Deputy general Manager
Carp
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed here for a weekend in May! The location is perfect! We arrived in the morning and our rooms were ready even though check in was 3pm. The hotel concierge Clementine was nothing short of amazing. Before we left I had arranged little surprises for our stay and she made sure they were executed to a T!. She even went downtown to get our favorite Macaroons from one of the best places in Paris. We loved the ambiance of the hotel and especially loved seeing the hotel cat Elliott run around the halls! Over all I would stay here again and recommend it. Great stay!

2 Thank Jody M
Erwan S, Deputy General Manager at Castille Paris, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Jody M,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to leave such a nice score and comments following your stay in Paris.
Be sure that I will tell the entire team, and especially Clémentine about your satisfaction. I am sure that it will make their day!
We would be happy to welcome you back for your next trip to the Castille Paris!

Very warm regards from Paris

Letchworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed for one night here and really enjoyed it. We arrived really early and although we were not meant to check in until 3pm they allowed us to, and it was only 10am. I liked that! Really nice hotel, spotless, dressing gowns, slippers - all you would expect. Also lovely, helpful service with an excellent conceirge. The bed was amazingly comfortable, really lovely. We didn't eat at the hotel as breakfast is a bit steep at 30 euros and with so many wonderful restaurants around, we ate out. The location is fabulous, surrounded by 5 star shops and near the Louvre, I really loved it. I have stayed in other locations in Paris, but this is my favourite by far.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Erwan S, Deputy General Manager at Castille Paris, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Cathyt93,

Thank you for your comment regarding your recent stay with us.
We definitely look forward of welcoming you again at the Castille Paris.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I've stayed at the Castille several times. On holiday, on business, with my mum, with my family, and alone. Sometimes for as little as 1 night. Sometimes for as many as 4 nights. During renovations. After renovations. During fashion week, and during a not so crazy busy time. I love it. For many reasons. But the most important one is that the Castille never disappoints. It is to me the epitome of Parisian service. Never too much. Never too little. Just enough attention and a very intuitive understanding of what people want by way of space, privacy or aesthetic. The rooms are well appointed. I've stayed in some of their "small rooms" and I've stayed in some of their larger rooms. It doesn't matter because they're all elegant and comfortable. I know Paris very well. And this is one of my favourite neighborhoods. And this hotel is for those that appreciate the subtlety and comfort of a relaxed elegance vs. some screaming nouveau riche aesthetic and environment. If you're looking for something crass like that, there are lots of choices not far from the Castille. In order to appreciate and enjoy the Castille, you need to understand the Parisian brand of elegance and you need to have good taste.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business