“Excelent”

Castille - Starhotels Collezione
Ranked #269 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 2 June 2014

It was my secnd stay at Castille Paris. the location is great. very close to all nice places for walks and just next to the best shopiing street. ithe rooms are sacious and well designed. the staff is very helpful and polite. iwould probably improve a little on a room service menu. very nice bar to have a drink in the evening. the only comment i have is that a five star hotel should have a nespresso machine in every room:-)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Pawel D
Erwan S, Deputy General Manager at Castille - Starhotels Collezione, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Pawel D,

I would like to thank you for this detailed report about your stay at the Castille Paris. I am very glad to read your comments and what are the reasons why you do prefer our property to an other one. I am fully convinced that this kind of testimony will be very helpful for our future visitors.
Be sure that our Chef, Fabrizio La Mantia, took into consideration your comment about the Room service menu.

Erwan Sarre - Deputy General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,061)

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The only reason this hotel is getting two stars instead of one is due to friendlieness of the receptionist helping me during checkin. Upon arrival into the room, it was quite tiny and with scratches/imperfections all over the walls. There was a missing iron (standard for all hotel rooms) and everything just seemed dingy and old. Also note, this hotel seems to attract elder clientelle (think retirement age). I was definitely out of place for a younger 30 something year old on business travel. During my stay, I experienced both an electricity outtage from midnight to 6am, followed by water outtage / seeing beige water come out of my faucet when it did come back on. Overall, the location is great but I definitely would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank IntlBizTravelor

Dear IntlBiz Travelor,

After reading your comment you posted on TripAdvisor, it will be difficult to me to express by writing how frustrated and distressed I feel about the bad experience you had with us during your stay. It is so far away from the usual guest service we are proud to provide to our international guests. The unplanned ERDF (Electricité Réseau Distribution France) cut off generated major damages on our water system, and I regret it. It will not change your idea about the Castille Paris (and I regret it), but based on the fact that this intervention independent of our will your comments, I hope to welcoming you back in order us to share the real Castille experience.

With my personal apologies,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed four nights in this gem, in a duplex suite. You had to feel like royalty here. You must remember that this is Paris and most hotel rooms are on the small side. The bedding was perfect, the toiletries first quality and the hotel staff generally very helpful.

Room Tip: Try to upgrade to a suite.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Bill S,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

For Chanel's fans, this hotel shares a wall with the iconic Chanel store! You can shop, walk to the Louvre and Tulerie Gardens and it's quite close to Macaroon shops and restaurants. The space is a little constricting, but the hotel is so neat and beautifully done up that you won't notice it a bit :)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Maham Uzr,

Thank you for your comment regarding your recent stay with us.
We definitely look forward of welcoming you again at the Castille Paris.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel in a great location. All you Chanel fans, this gem is situated right beside the original store and Coco's apt. A fun fact. A real flavour for Paris and the concierge staff are very knowledgeable and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Ademichele,

Thank you so much for your nice comment posted on Tripadvisor. I am glad to read that either the location of the hotel or the kindness of the team made your stay even better than expected.

I look forward of welcoming you again at the Castille Paris.

Best regards.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel on three separate visits to Paris over the past few years and absolutely loved the location and hotel itself (which is beautiful) although I was disappointed with how a situation was handled on our last visit which would make me think before staying there again. The issue was that someone tried to enter our room twice while we were in it during the day although from where we were in the room we couldn't see them down the entry hallway and they didn't announce themselves and when we noticed the door was being opened and said hello they didn't respond just shut the door and walked away. The first time I just dismissed it although when it happened again later I became concerned as this was a very unusual experience. When we reported it to reception they said it was just housekeeping refreshing the mini bar - although they couldn't explain why nobody said anything when they were entering the room or when we called out. I did feel like our concerns were not taken very seriously by the front desk which left me feeling slightly unsafe in the room and not confident leaving my valuables there when we were out. This did not happen again though and the rest of our stay went smoothly. I do love this hotel although after this experience I don't know if I would feel comfortable staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Nicole G

Dear Nicole G,

I am sorry to read your disappointment about members of my team. I would like to apologize if someone made an inappropriate action, entering in your room without annoucing himself. It is exactly the opposite of how we are and of the type of service we are proud to provide to our guests. As a Duty Manager is always available on the field, you should have called on him. I am sure that he would have solved this in a minute.

With my renewed apologies,

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

During permanence 1 night with total black out, the day after one day without water!!! And they try to leave the room in that condition in order to not change with another booked room!!!
Absolutely not professional.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Gianfranco A,

After reading your comment you posted on TripAdvisor, it will be difficult to me to express by writing how frustrated and distressed I feel about the bad experience you had with us during your stay. It is so far away from the usual guest service we are proud to provide to our international guests. But the fact that ERDF (Electricité Réseau Distribution France) did an unplanned cut off during 4 hours between midnight and 4am in the Cambon street, this has led a major damage on our water system. It seems that we have been unable to answer to your basic needs and it is unforgivable. It will not change your idea about the Castille Paris (and I regret it).

With my personal apologies,