“Classy Castille? . . . In some things.”
Review of Castille Paris

Castille Paris
Ranked #251 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 1 August 2014

On my way back from Texas to Cairo I decided to break the flight for two days at the Castille. The first room they gave me, 214, was quite small. After I took a shower I saw that all the drain water had covered the floor of the bathroom and created a lake in the bedroom. When I tried to dial the phone, I could not get a dial tome. Additionally the bellboy had neglected to tell me how to reach the desk. I decided to try to relax with a glass of cold water from the mini bar. It had not been turned on. When I quietly complained to the desk, the hostess trainee was most helpful. She switched me into a room that was still quite small, but better arrainged. No problems showering or using the phone or getting a cold drink from the mini bar. However, if I were to stay there again, because the location is quite nice, I would book a much larger room. Also the room service menu is rather sad after ten p.m. and if you are a transatlantic traveller, you will undoubtedly find this frustrating. P.S. Stay away from the soup - a watery melange of tired vegetables. The best things about the hotel were the helpfulness of the staff, the fresh orange juice and the perfect espresso.

Room Tip: Avoid the closet size standard. Even the deluxe is small.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Erwan S, Deputy General Manager at Castille Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Lovestraveling_10,

I am sorry to read that your stay with us did not meet with your expectations. Regarding the room size, and if we have the pleasure of welcoming in a near future, our deluxe rooms may be more appropriate for a triple (275sqf for deluxes vs 220sqf for superiors).
As far as the service is concerned, it seems that we missed you on this. It is usually what our clients are complimenting about the most.
I would like to thank you for bringing these comments to my attention. Feed-backs (positive or negative) are the only way for us to improve and to fulfill our clients expectations as much as we can .

There are newer reviews for Castille Paris

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I have stayed at the Castille twice before and enjoyed the experience. I returned for the third time recently and got a great price through Bookings.com. We arrived at midday hoping to get into our room a little earlier, not to be, in fact it wasn't until 4pm and a lot of hanging around that we were shown to our room. Our room was incredibly small, in fact too small to fit all our luggage. It was right next door to the lift and we had very little sleep due to the comings and goings of the guests.
Overall, it was not a satisfying experience.

Dear RachaelALoomes,

I am sorry to read that your stay with us did not meet with your expectations. Regarding the room size, and if we have the pleasure of welcoming in a near future, our deluxe rooms may be more appropriate for a you (275sqf for deluxes vs 220sqf for superiors).

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Having stayed at a different section of the Hotel last year I was expecting much more and better than what we found. This time we stayed in room 452 and it was a tired room with a broken air conditioning system. I know as Americans we have different expectations regarding temperature but believe me the room was hot. The location is great easy walk and access to almost anywhere in Paris. I normally travel once to twice a year to Paris but I will be looking elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: Wary of 452
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear TVMD,

I am sorry to read that your stay with us did not meet with your expectations. Regarding the room, and if we have the pleasure of welcoming in a near future, our Contemporary deluxe rooms may be more appropriate for you. 452 is one of our Coco style deluxe rooms which usually is appreciated by our American guests.
As far as the a/c is concerned, be sure our technician took care of it when he was informed, and it was fixed immediately.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

My daughter and I stayed in their Deluxe room for 5 nights. Upon arrival, the staff was so friendly and helpful. We speak very little French and it was no problem since they spoke fluent English. Our room was very nice and clean. Modern decor, very comfortable bed, and modern bathroom. We didn't eat in the hotel restaurants, but ordered room service which was good. The Free Wifi worked great. We really liked the location which is very close to the Louvre and the Concorde Metro station. Also, it's on a lovely, quiet street. We kept commenting how nice it was to go back to our lovely, quiet hotel after a busy day. Highly recommend this hotel. We will go back when in Paris.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank suzyd11249

Dear Suzyd11249,

Thank you thousands times for the nice comment posted on TripAdvisor. My team and I are very happy to have helped to make this girls' trip even more special. Anyway, we had no right to fail in this kind of occasion !
We look forward of welcoming you very soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel is beautiful inside and walking distance of the Louvre. We were only staying one night and decided to eat in the hotel restaurant which was amazing and I would definitely recommend. The food was delicious and the setting was picturesque (you can sit outside in a small courtyard). All the staff were really friendly and helpful. Our room was clean, modern and set over two floors which was a surprise given the location in Paris. We would definitely recommend this hotel to friends.

1  Thank Sarah D

Dear Sarah D,

Thank you so much for your nice comment posted on Tripadvisor. I am glad to read that either the location of the hotel or the kindness of the team made your stay even better than expected.

And, by the way, I do share with you your opinion about our Patio. Depending on the weather forecast, we offer services from breakfast to late dinner. DGM Tip : ask for the dining room next to the fountain.

I look forward of welcoming you again at the Castille Paris.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Spent the weekend at the Castille with my wife. We loved the boutique feeling of the hotel and the location near the Tuileries cannot be beat. We found the staff to be very pleasant and helpful. My only complaint would be that our room was really small, but such are many hotels in Paris. Rue Cambon is a very quiet street so no noise problems. The breakfast was delicious and the dining room was quiet and lovely. My wife enjoyed the shopping choices nearby the hotel as well. We would definitely stay here again.

Dear SteveNYCity,

I look forward of welcoming you again at the Castille Paris.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I just finished a short trip to Paris and were fortunate to stay at this well located boutique gem. The service was excellent and the rooms were simple, yet elegant with comfortable beds (great thread count sheets) and contemporary bathrooms. The breakfasts were also superb. We chose the hotel based on its excellent Trip Advisor comments and were not disappointed. We would definitely stay again.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Cocopedey,

I would like to thank you for this detailed report about your stay at the Castille Paris. I am very glad to read your comments and what are the reasons why you do prefer our property to an other one. I am fully convinced that this kind of testimony will be very helpful for our future visitors (As it was for you).