“3rd stay at this gorgeous Hotel.”

Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris
Ranked #33 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Perth, Australia
“3rd stay at this gorgeous Hotel.”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

My daughter and I had the pleasure of staying at Hotel Fouquet's Barriere, Paris for the 3rd time. The staff are extremely friendly, helpful and professional in every area of the Hotel. Our room was sumptuous in its decor and amenities. I particularly LOVE the complimentary bottle of Hermes perfume and complimentary mini-bar. Our room had the most magnificent outlook over the Champs Elysees thru ceiling to floor double glazed windows, which could be opened letting in the fresh air and wonderful sounds of Paris. In comparison to other 5 star hotels I have stayed in, through out the world, this is definitely my favourite! We will defiantly stay here again and again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank blueyloons
PierreFerchaud, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments on Tripadvisor !

It was indeed a pleasure to read that you were satisfied with our services and enjoyed your stay with us. Your enthusiasm for our team is very much appreciated and will be a great source of motivation.I will certainly not fail to convey your very kind compliments to them.

Thank you very much for your valued patronage and we all look forward to welcoming you back again in a not too distant future.

Pierre Ferchaud

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 February 2012

The breakfast was very nice with plenty of choice, great omelets and is available till 11, handy if you like a sleep in. Staff was very welcoming, helpful and polite. The staff all spoke English and was very pleasant and helpful. Our room was spacious and smart, and the whole place looks like it has just been completely refurnished. We booked the hotel after reading previous reviews and we were not disappointed. My only recommendation is that the hotel has more French movies, with English subtitles, to enjoy. Wi-Fi connectivity was free in the whole building. Printing facility was available at the front desk for absolutely free.
I can't wait to come and stay here again. Excellent experience!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Sarah21ny
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your comments on Tripadvisor. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our Guests as we constantly endeavour to improve the quality of our services.

We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and your enthusiasm for our services and our team is very much appreciated !

Also, we observed your constructive feedback regarding the movie facilities in your room.
We are currently reviewing our entire movie system and your recommendation is very much appreciated !

We look forward to welcoming you back again at the Fouquet's Barrière soon.

Prague, the Czech Republic
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Spent a weekend in this hotel. Really enjoyed impressive interiors of the hotel. Service was OK but we expected something really special. Made a good deal throug membership in the leading hotels of the world. Were no so impressed by dining in associated restaurant - too touristic. Overall experience was very positive, will probably come back.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CzechTourist
PierreFerchaud, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor !

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon, maybe on this occasion you would like to try our gastronomic restaurant Le Diane.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I will never be tired of this hotel. I think they have the best service, I have ever experienced. I have stayed in this hotel 4 times and always was perfect. Not even 1 problem.
The front desk is friendly and helpfull. The breakfast, in the room or in the restaurant, is amazing. They offer free minibar all the stay (non alcoholic drinks) and Nesspreso coffee. In the turn down, they put chocolates (soooo tasty!!).
Love love the indoor swimmingpool... and the spa! =)

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank 2xelmundo
Bruxelles, BE
Reviewed 22 January 2012

A previous reviewer stated "not relaxing" re. Fouquet's. Prior to my visit I thought that comment odd, but I can understand it now. While stylish and edgy sometimes, the room chairs and couches are not designed for either long-term comfort or nestling with a good book (why nestle, why stay in your room with the heart of Paris right outside!?--you are right to ask!). However, the large suite bed was extremely comfortable if one wanted to coccoon.

Butlers were helpful and most (except one gent) were unobtrusive. The cuisine was both fresh and delicious with much variety of choice.

Spa reception was marred by staff at desk bungling appointments, assuming that people somehow never make sequential appts (so, if you booked a massage followed by foot reflexology--they repeated to me a number of times: "you cannot have a foot massage and a regular massage at the same time"-well, duh, you can say that again--and they did...). Fortunately, therapist intervened and both treatments were had (not consecutive, mind you!).

A trip to the hotel bar was not altogether pleasant initially. I forgot to wear my Euroblacks and arrived in jeans (but black shirt) whereupon, thin blonde non-smiling lady asks: "can I help you sir"? Let's see, gentleman (I really am) walks into bar and hostess might optionally say: "here for a drink or to eat--where would you like to sit?". She was unable and after I stated I would like a drink, she was silent, gestured with her hand down the bar. I took off and was immediately intercepted by black (of course)-suited gentleman who said (guess what?) "can I help you sir"? At this point, I secured eye contact and said:"I'm a guest at this hotel and I would like a drink". He gave up and reluctantly seated me.
I ordered my martini (deflected the "dirty martini" encouragement) and relaxed. At that point, I rather strategically took out my suite key and placed it on the table. Guess what? Service improved 100% with bartender coming over to inquire as to the correct amount of vermouth, etc. Waiters so much more soilicitous. I suspect I am making this more of a "big deal" than I politely should, but there was that strong whiff of anti-something. Nuff said.

Overall, I would return because of location, cuisine, and concierge/reception/room service. (Laura will be grabbed soon as an assistant to some European President, I'm sure). Olivier, genuinely friendly and possessing just the right balance of sophistication and humor. Thanks Fouquet's, just a few "bumps" detailed as feedback that do not lower my rating of your fine hotel.

Room Tip: Look for another room if you smell smoker's presence. I do not think they have dedicated non-smo...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank Rj A
PierreFerchaud, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris, responded to this review, 26 January 2012
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you very much for having taken the time to write this detailed comment on TripAdvisor!

It was indeed a pleasure to read that you were overall satisfied with our services and enjoyed your stay with us. I am however very concerned by your constructive remarks regarding the comfort and in the room, the service at the Spa reception and at the Bar. I have already addressed these issues with the team concerned in order to prevent reoccurrence in the future.

On a more positive note, your enthusiasm for our hotel and particularly our Butler and Reception staff is very much appreciated and will be a great source of motivation for them. I will certainly not fail to convey your very kind compliments to Laura and Oliver!

We thank you again for your kind attention and we all look forward to welcoming you back at the Fouquet’s in a not too distant future.

Sincerely yours,

Amsterdam
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Just returned from a 3 night stay at this sublime hotel. From the moment you approach the front door you are greeted by a team of immaculately dressed doormen (and woman!) who guide you to the Front Desk where a team member awaits you to escort you directly up to your room whilst explaining all the hotel's facilities.
The rooms are designed elegantly and the bathrooms are very comfortable with rain showers and bathtubs featuring televisions. In the morning a lavish breakfast buffet can be enjoyed where a team of people ensure you do not even have to refill your own glass since it is done for you before you even realize. The bar is also not to be missed. On all nights, there was a great vibe with consistently friendly service. Make sure to also check out the Spa - it's a true gem. Compliments to Juliette at Reception & her team! Cannot wait to go back.

Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank DeLeurope
Dear Guest,

We truly enjoyed welcoming you to the Fouquet’s Barrière and it was a real pleasure to read these wonderful comments!

Thank you very much for your congratulations on the team and especially for Juliette and her team. They were thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful time.

We all look forward to seeing you back in a not too distant future!

Sincerely yours,

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 6 January 2012

You have not stayed in a 5 star hotel until Fouquet's Barriere. Stayed there for New Year's eve and we know that our 2012 would be a great year. First, we got upgraded to a higher level due to our unlimited membership with the leading hotel of the world. This is a membership to have if you travel a lot. You get guarantee upgrade, breakfast for two, free internet. If you stay 5 nights, you already get your membership paid for. Imagine getting an upgrade during a high season in a 5 star hotel on Champs Elysees. We got there about 2:30pm and check in time was 3:00pm, the manager was very embarassed that our room was not ready. He told his people that he was not happy about this and made it up to us by inviting us to have a drink up in the cafe. The room was moderned with two minibars and every things in the minibars are included and everythings mean many bottles of perrier and other sparkling water, sodas, juices, and M&M. there is a nespresso and a tea pot with teas from Tea Forte. We got a fruit basket, many chocolates from La Maison, and nightly chocolate on a turn down service. The room was clean and the heater was comfortable and quiet. There is a tv in the bathroom. the sound system was high quality. You can take a bath with classical music. They also give you a his and her Hermes products. There is a good size swimming pool with comfortable temperature and a slim trail where you walk against a current which was very hard and a good work out. The sauna and steamroom were very clean and nice. The locker is a little small but equipped with everything you need. There are complimentary tea, coffee, dry fruits and nuts available during your swim. There is a gym with treadmill and some sort of eliptical machines but we were so busy that we did not get a chance to try. there is also a power plate which is great for loosening your tired muscles. We did not have a chance to try the Le Diane because it was fulled on New Year's Eve and was not open during our stay. Food at the Fouquet was just ok but very expensive. Breakfast was wonderful. The juices were freshly squeezed. Best orange and grapefruit juices I ever had. We had the best time and will not stay in any hotel again. We have stayed in Le Meurice and Hotel de Crillion. Hotel de Crillion was old style and beautiful but the fact that you paid almost 1,000 euros per night and don't even give a bottled water during turn down was absurd. Le Meurice room was elegant but stuffy. The restaurant at Le Meurice was very special. I have to say that we love to stay at nice hotels. We always stay at Four Season, Ritz Carlton, Mandarin Oriental properties and Hotel Fouquet's is our top choice. One needs to stay here once to experience heaven on earth.

Room Tip: 6th floor only has three rooms so it was quiet.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank 88traveler_11
PierreFerchaud, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris, responded to this review, 10 January 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all, the entire team of the Fouquet’s would like to wish you and your beloved ones a very Happy New Year!

Thank you very much for these wonderful compliments on our hotel and its services! It was a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us during the New Year’s Eve.
Your enthusiasm for the hotel is highly appreciated and will be a great source of motivation.

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon, and please do not hesitate to contact us beforehand to make your dinner reservations at Le Diane.

Your sincerely,